Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

gorilla_bob

VIP Member
FreshDrop Staff
Pheenix.com
Impact
Hello everyone,

The reason why I wanted to post was I wanted to share to everyone about something that I just built that will help the TDNAM Firesale community. Everyone has been requesting to see if there was a better way to search TDNam's firesale database for their choice domains. Well, I think your prayers have been answered. I just built a program that searches TDNam's database for several hot domain's.

Some of the quick searches are: CVCV, VCVC, CVVC, VCCV, NNNN, NNNNN domains. The scans are updated every hour for now so it's pretty much almost real time, cause it scans TDNam's entire database... saving everyone the hassle of doing it.

In the future, I'm planning on adding more types of hot domain searches that can be easily accessible.

If anyone has any suggestions on searches/scans they would like to see from the site, please PM so that I can possibly add the custom scans to the program.

Hope everyone enjoys the new program....and if you are feeling generous, I'm always accepting donations.

The free TDNAM Firesale Tool can be found here: www.freshdrop.net

BTW: I just checked the freshdrop.net scanner and saw that ozzy.biz is available...sound very juicy for any ozzy osbourne lovers out there. I was actually tempted to take it myself but I think I will give it to the TDNAM Firesale community as a gift.

Many thanks,

Bob

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Meek,

When you are buying the domains, are you using the 'BUY' button on freshdrop.net to make your purchases?

- Bob

•••
Yes I do Bob, I bought them last week.

•••
bought 2 through freshdrop.net today.....Great tool!!!!

Thanks!!!

•••
i bought a domain from freshsrop, now what happen? when will they trasnfer it to me? or if there anyother bid wut happnes?

•••
It depends imteaz. If you bought from the 'CLOSEOUTS' section than you are the only one entitled to the domain if the previous owner does not re-register it. It is unlikely that the previous owner would re-register it because they would have to pay stiff penalties to do so.

If you bought it from the 'EXPIRED_NAMES' section, then it is still in auction mode, and the highest bidder after the auction expires will receive the domain if the previous owner decides not to re-register it.

All in all, you can consider TDNAM as a pre-drop auction....the domains never get a chance to go to dropping services like snapnames, enom club drop, or pool expiring deleting domains because they are all handled by godaddy/tdnam internally.

Hope this helps!

- Bob

•••
Just added google result counts to freshdrop.net

Data is only on a portion of the domains until we complete our scans... until then, enjoy what we already have. :)

Also, if you click on each google results figure, it will open up another browser page directed at google with searched domain name so that you can examine further.

Hope you guys enjoy it.

- Bob

•••
keep up the great work bob. thanks for continuing to improve freshdrop.

•••
•••
Lol,

Someone probably needs to help me pick it up. I've tried to purchase it, but everytime I match whatever he wants for it, he seems to change his mind and raises the price by a couple hundred. I think he's just trying to play games with me.

I figure I'd use the money that was going to be used to buy the domain to build more goodies into freshdrop.net. :)

- Bob

•••
gorilla_bob said:
Lol,

Someone probably needs to help me pick it up. I've tried to purchase it, but everytime I match whatever he wants for it, he seems to change his mind and raises the price by a couple hundred. I think he's just trying to play games with me.

I figure I'd use the money that was going to be used to buy the domain to build more goodies into freshdrop.net. :)

- Bob
sending u a PM about it

champ_rock said:
sending u a PM about it
i think there is some problem with my messsaging system. i am not able to send any PM's right now

will reply to ur query when it starts working again

•••
that sucks. If I had a good drop name I would just give it to you. Its not like a million dollar generic one worder.

I found something for you, check PM right away.

drop.com would be nice eh?

Last edited:
•••
Nice tool:)
keep up the good work Bob

•••
gorilla_bob said:
Meek,

When you are buying the domains, are you using the 'BUY' button on freshdrop.net to make your purchases?

- Bob
Hey Bob - if I use the BUY button, but then enter a coupon code at GoDaddy checkout time, do you still get paid?

-Dave

•••
Bob, there is some problem in Opera. The buy button does not redirect to TDNAM at all. I only get a blank page

Please check

Last edited:
•••
champ_rock said:
Bob, there is some problem in Opera. The buy button does not redirect to TDNAM at all. I only get a blank page

Please check

I just tried it from Opera 9.1 and it seemed to work fine for me. Can you tell me the domain you tried it for and I'll try it myself? If you want to keep the domain private, just IM me with the details and I'll look into it more.

- Bob

randomo said:
Hey Bob - if I use the BUY button, but then enter a coupon code at GoDaddy checkout time, do you still get paid?

-Dave

I think that we should. Try it out and let me know how much you paid and I'll check.

- Bob

•••
•••
gorilla_bob said:
I think that we should. Try it out and let me know how much you paid and I'll check.

- Bob
I picked up a .us domain yesterday, using a coupon code that made it $11.79. Do you know if you got a commission? (PM me if you need the exact domain name.)

•••
randomo said:
I picked up a .us domain yesterday, using a coupon code that made it $11.79. Do you know if you got a commission? (PM me if you need the exact domain name.)

Was the original price on it: $13.99?

- Bob

•••
gorilla_bob said:
Was the original price on it: $13.99?

- Bob
I think it was $12.99.

•••
Hmmm...

I see a sale for $13.99 but not for $12.99. It may be because the domain has not transferred to you yet and so the transaction is still pending until the domain has been securely transferred to you.

I'll keep my eye open to see if there is a $12.99 transaction, but if you should get the domain-- let me know and I'll check my records.

- Bob

•••
Used it to buy a couple domains yesterday and bid on dozens. Nice tool :)

•••
When i'm buying domains i'm using the 'BUY' button on freshdrop.net to make my purchases.

Here are the last 10 amounts i bought names for, i also used a coupon code so the amount you see in your stats are almost $2 more each.

Sep. 4, 2007 $110.15 USD
Sep. 3, 2007 $12.15 USD
Sep. 3, 2007 $12.15 USD
Sep. 3, 2007 $12.15 USD
Sep. 3, 2007 $17.15 USD
Sep. 3, 2007 $17.15 USD
Sep. 1, 2007 $12.15 USD
Sep. 1, 2007 $57.96 USD
Sep. 1, 2007 $12.15 USD
Sep. 1, 2007 $17.15 USD

And i'm gone use freshdrop almost every day.

Can you see how much you was getting for my $110.15 domain buy in commission ?. I guess you will not see this before i have received the name in my godaddy account.

•••
Johnny,

Thanks for the info. We don't see them in the system as of yet and probably won't until the domain is securely in your account. This may be because there is still a slight possibility that the original owner renews.

Also of note is the fact that we won't receive credit for the sale unless the 'Buy' button is clicked every single time a domain is bought. For example if you want to buy domain1.com and domain2.com. Then you click on the 'Buy' button for domain1.com and purchase it. (This one we will get credit on.) But however, if you stay on tdnam and decide to purchase domain2.com then we would not get credit for it. In order for us to get credit for it, you would need to click on the buy button for domain2.com on our page.

This should be a natural progression for everyone because, usually the decision point to make a purchase relies on the information on freshdrop.net. But there may be some freshdroppers that have a few browser sessions open and alt-tab back and forth between them rather than using our 'buy' button.

Also of note, we are currently working on getting archive record count and archive age. I know in the past that this was something that I wanted to have on several of my purchasing researches...so we are busy adding this as quickly as possible for everyone.

I'm going to be adding several more quick searches like LLL, NNN, LLLLL, and a few more language filters tonight so they should be online soon.

- Bob

•••
Kudos...it is a nice tool. Hope to find some good names through it.

Thanks,
N Fran

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back