NameSilo
Watch

gorilla_bob

VIP Member
FreshDrop Staff
Pheenix.com
Impact
Hello everyone,

The reason why I wanted to post was I wanted to share to everyone about something that I just built that will help the TDNAM Firesale community. Everyone has been requesting to see if there was a better way to search TDNam's firesale database for their choice domains. Well, I think your prayers have been answered. I just built a program that searches TDNam's database for several hot domain's.

Some of the quick searches are: CVCV, VCVC, CVVC, VCCV, NNNN, NNNNN domains. The scans are updated every hour for now so it's pretty much almost real time, cause it scans TDNam's entire database... saving everyone the hassle of doing it.

In the future, I'm planning on adding more types of hot domain searches that can be easily accessible.

If anyone has any suggestions on searches/scans they would like to see from the site, please PM so that I can possibly add the custom scans to the program.

Hope everyone enjoys the new program....and if you are feeling generous, I'm always accepting donations.

The free TDNAM Firesale Tool can be found here: www.freshdrop.net

BTW: I just checked the freshdrop.net scanner and saw that ozzy.biz is available...sound very juicy for any ozzy osbourne lovers out there. I was actually tempted to take it myself but I think I will give it to the TDNAM Firesale community as a gift.

Many thanks,

Bob

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good tool for us lazy folk!

•••
nice tool man many thanks,
montsa :)

•••
DotSauce,

I just want to thank you for writing such a great article about freshdrop.net on www.dotsauce.com. It seems now that with such great coverage that www.freshdrop.net is having, that the news about how great our tool is spreading like wildfire.

That's good since our visitors are going to be in for some great surprises in the coming weeks as we start to rollout some very good functionality onto freshdrop.net .

- Bob

•••
Just wanted to let everyone know that there will be a very good surprise coming to freshdrop.net in the next few days.

We've already added a scan for pinyin words if you have not seen it yet. If you don't know what pinyin is, it is the alphanumeric version of chinese characters.

- Bob

•••
FreshDrop.net Alpha Version 0.60a has been released.

Google PageRank Fake Checker and Domain Last Reg Age has been added as an analytic!

Stay tuned, more goodies to come.

- Bob

•••
gorilla_bob said:
FreshDrop.net Alpha Version 0.60a has been released.

Google PageRank Fake Checker and Domain Last Reg Age has been added as an analytic!

Stay tuned, more goodies to come.

- Bob
how does the fake-PR checker work?? i see all the fake-PR domains but still fake-PR checker does not show anything

•••
The google fake pr checker on www.freshdrop.net uses the same algorithm as found in other popular fake pr checker such as the one you used and posted in a different thread. The fake pr checker only scans domains that have a google pr of 2 or higher since there is no need to check for any domains with a pr 0 and with pr 1 we are on the fence whether the algorithm would be accurate and also if it would be needed.

Let me know your thoughts on pr1 and we may change our minds.

As for not seeing anything...we just brought the pr checker online several hours ago, and just about an hour ago, we reset all the values and are doing a rescan. You'll start seeing more values in that data column within a day or so.

- Bob

Last edited:
•••
We just corrected a bug that prevented 'Domain Age' from appearing on many domain extensions including .com and .net.

We are now running our processes to update the site so you should start seeing a flur of .com and .net 'domain age' in the next few days.

- Bob

•••
•••
gorilla_bob said:
New Interface for www.freshdrop.net .

Tell me what you think.

- Bob

just a question, how do i regsiter from freash net?
do i have to be memeber? caz when i try to regsiter a domain it takes me to godaddy, then ask me to paid 1 year renew $8.95 then $4.99 for freashdrop member fee?

•••
FreshDrop only lists TDNAM Firesale-Listed Domains. FreshDrop.net is only a search tool. TDNAM is part of GoDaddy and so that is why. :)

Hope that answers your question :)

•••
gorilla_bob said:
New Interface for www.freshdrop.net .

Tell me what you think.

- Bob

Bob -
The new interface look very fresh ;)

A lot of the corners are showing up kind of choppy for me though (specifically, the upper left hand white corner of the main box, and the corners of the green button looking thing above the filter box)

The limes on the left, especially the full one, stick out because they look so fake. Got any more pictures of real limes?

Unless you're planning on putting an ad bar below the logo, the space looks a little excessive.

The water at the top looks a little more like smoke than it does a ripple.

I'm sure you're planning on fixing this, but the <title> tag still shows "index"

The bottom of the page is rendering kind of funky in firefox 2.0 (I lowered the resolution on the .jpg file a lot, so it's not really that blurry, just wanted to show you the overlap):

Hope this helps. Glad to see you're still actively building this site.

-Jorge

•••
Just thought I'd make a suggestion of a type of domain that is desirable.

"Two of a kind domain"

These are domains with only two types of characters.

(e.g. GYGG.com, 8NN8.net, PNPNP.com, 87778.net, B9B.org, TNTNTN.com)

Typically two of a kind domains attract attention when they are 6 characters or less. Two of a kind .com domains that are 4 characters or less are highly desirable to domainers. Two of a kind 4 letter domains usually sell for at least low $XXX.

If you merge "One of a Kind" domains (e.g. 555555.com,33333.net) it may be an interesting search filter.

Just an idea. Great tool Bob!

•••
Absolutely great tool. I have quit looking through TDNAM just because I didn't feel like searching so much, but freshdrop.net is awesome. It has rekindled my interest in TDNAM. Great job on this tool.

•••
•••
Bob,

Nice tool!! Good job. A couple of behaviors (or mistakes on my part) I see happening......

On closeouts or exp. names I will set the filter for only .coms and less than 6 characters, which displays correctly, however if I choose one of the column headings to sort by (domain name, time left, traffic, etc) the filter isn't applied and I get everything again.

Hope this helps in making a great tool even better. Thanks Again!!!

•••
scottp26 said:
Bob,

Nice tool!! Good job. A couple of behaviors (or mistakes on my part) I see happening......

On closeouts or exp. names I will set the filter for only .coms and less than 6 characters, which displays correctly, however if I choose one of the column headings to sort by (domain name, time left, traffic, etc) the filter isn't applied and I get everything again.

Hope this helps in making a great tool even better. Thanks Again!!!

The filter settings should remain now even if you move from one page to another or sort differently.

- Bob

•••
Excellent tool. Your site simply look refreshing and bright. Keep up the good work. :D

•••
Now that freshdrop.net is becoming more a good product, does anyone have any suggestions on how we can spread the word about it?

Would love to know if anyone has any ideas on marketing or getting people to know about the site so it can grow.

- Bob

•••
gorilla_bob, I love you. Where's the paypal donate button? I can't find it on your website. PM me your paypal email.

•••
awesome tool (More donations coming) - Can you add a multiple sort function like heres a made up example- A> search .com THEN B> Traffic THEN C> Time Left or something like that that would make sense. You can sort in different ways assigning the highest to lowest priority to different categories.

•••
Great suggestions.

The best way to help grow freshdrop.net is to click on the 'buy' button when making all your purchases. We get a small commission when someone buy's a name from tdnam using our 'BUY' button.

- Bob

•••
Attention fellow freshdroppers

I'm trying to get more publicity for freshdrop.net and create a buzz for it. If people can help spread the word about it, I may be enticed to add google page results for domain.tld .

The best way to donate to the site is by telling all your friends about it.

So I hope you can help grow the freshdrop community.

Many thanks for all that you have done.

- Bob

•••
wow!

Its getting better and better...

•••
just bought two domains using fresdrop.

savannah.cc and giving.cc

Great tool!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back