Domain Empire

Take this Dropcatcher survey, get rep+!

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I've been working on a new dropcatcher. So far it's just been for personal use, but I really like it and I'm thinking of developing it into a public site. I need some feedback as to whether people would use it or not.

Note: This dropcatcher is not intended to compete with SnapNames or Pool. It works well for picking up names from domain tasters though, and costs much less. I think the price will be $7.99 per .com/.net/.org/.info caught successfully (that's a subject of the survey).

It's been running about a week, and so far it's caught me all the names I wanted from tasters that dropped.
It also works as a drop-notifier. You can have it watch names and email you when they drop. Here's a screenshot from the interface (this is from earlier in the week, it has more stuff now): http://survey.amoeba.net/dropbot.png

Here's the survey: http://survey.amoeba.net/
Include your NP username so I can give you rep. Please also post in this thread when you complete a survey, it makes adding rep much easier. Also, feel free to share your thoughts on the idea here. Is this something you would want to use?
Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Checked and did the survey :D

•••
went thru the survey.
when r u planning to launch the beta version?
do send a mail when u do. :)

•••
Another drop alternative would always be intersting to try out. Happy to be a beta tester if I meet your criteria..

•••
filled out survey :)

it would be cool if you can have a function in it to set each name for auto backorder and the option to notify by email if it is available but with a link in the email to click once to place order with the credit card on file (this way you can think about whether you want it or not).

John

•••
submitted my opinions, how long might the beta take to come out?

•••
Survey completed + a long winded suggestion or two in the comments box ;)

•••
done the survey and informed you of my suggestions and thoughts. :)

•••
sounds great! I did the survey

•••
Submitted survey with my opinions and some questions. Has been asked already curious when the beta is scheduled?

Cheers

•••
survey

i hope things u say comes true , sounds great...

•••
Done, also included some comments.

Isn't $7.99 too low? How do you intend to make money long term?

I don't think it should be this low or available to more than one person at a time.

Hence a higher price will be justified and you are sure it won't goto auction.

Just my 0.02

Good Luck

•••
louddrums said:
filled out survey :)
it would be cool if you can have a function in it to set each name for auto backorder and the option to notify by email if it is available but with a link in the email to click once to place order with the credit card on file (this way you can think about whether you want it or not).
John

I second this idea, an existing balance is a good alternative as well.

Survey complete.

•••
I like the non-auction format. I tried premiumdrops com (which I found out about on here) and tried for 200 domains (2 accounts as they have a 100 limit) and did not get one :( What a waste of time. Anyways the one thing I liked was no auction, first come first served. Cant wait for the beta!

Also took you survey :)

thanks, gary.

•••
Survey submitted. Will you charge for this service during beta?

•••
Finished survey. =]

Seems like a really good idea. I'd definately be interested in participating.

•••
I asked a question in the survey; I'd be highly interested!

•••
I just finished the Survey. I also advocate for no auction as well as lowering the price to $5.00. I think people would buy much more dropped names if the price is $5.00. There is something about the $5.00 value that is more enticing than $7.99 but I just can't figure it out yet. Hmmm.

•••
My survey was succesfull.. let's get this party started!

•••
Took the survey. Looks very interesting!

•••
Also did the survey, when are you planning the beta?

•••
•••
Sounds interesting and worthwhile. Always looking for alternatives.

Be careful that users understand your capabilities. This is a lot like what registerfly's original expirefish did. They could cheaply monitor and autoregister low profile names that were not being seeked by snap, or pool, but would never win on a popular drop, and didn't necessarily attemp on a minute or hourly basis, but maybe daily. However, they called it a backorder and everyone expected it to catch names competitively against the big boys. Most were disappointed, but at one time I was getting some lower profile non-coms that were moderately valuable or niche domains, but maybe not worth the $60 pool/snap starting price.

•••
Survey done, i'm definitely in for a beta test!

IB

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back