IT.COM

sales Swetha’s Sales – The Truth May Shock You!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Digital Nomad

XNetwork.comTop Member
Impact
Here is a nice article posted on NameBio.com by Michael Sumner the CEO of NameBio.com. He asked for Swetha's aka @DNGear username and password to log into her Afternic account to confirm the sales once and for all, read it all below or go to https://namebio.com/blog/swethas-sales-the-truth-may-shock-you/

Swetha’s Sales – The Truth May Shock You!​

Yesterday there was quite the stir on Twitter after Swetha reported another batch of jaw-dropping .xyz sales. User @jackdomainer did some research and found that an overwhelming majority of her sales were still not developed, which he thought was suspicious given the price tags. Theories started flying around, and even the Castello Brothers and Rick Schwartz chimed in with vague statements alluding to some grand conspiracy.

Grab some popcorn and read it for yourself here:

The low rate of development was the only “proof” provided so far. But why report fake sales? Well isn’t it obvious? To boost the value of her own assets so she can dump them on unsuspecting wholesalers, hoping to reproduce her incredible success, for inflated prices.

But ask yourself this… how many times have you seen Swetha wholesaling premium .xyz domains? I may have missed it, but I don’t recall seeing that.

For years I’ve been in the awkward position of publishing these sales reports. All I can go on is a screenshot, which she graciously provided for every single sale report since the day she started sharing. But screenshots can be faked relatively easily.

I could ask her to share her screen with me while she logs in to a marketplace, but even that could be faked with browser extensions that modify the page live. It’s more difficult than faking a screenshot, but not impossible. Not good enough.

To get a definitive answer, I reached out to Swetha and asked for the unthinkable. I asked if she would give me her username and password to her Afternic account, so I could log in myself and verify all the sales she has ever reported at this marketplace.

I felt bad even asking. Here she is sharing her valuable sales data with the community, all while being given endless grief about it. And now some stranger is asking to log in to her Afternic account. A lesser person would have just said “fuck it”, stopped reporting sales, and told me to go away. But you know what… she agreed! It was at this moment I knew it was all true and factual, but still, I’m going to “due diligence” the heck out of this.

So I quickly logged in to her Afternic account and visited this URL to get a dump of all the raw sales data. Then I started taking screenshots of her sales summary page. I logged out and let her know I was done so she could change her password. Then I started diving in.

One by one I checked the sales against what we have in our database. Every single one of them was perfect. Except I discovered something shocking. Quite a few of the sales were never reported. However good you think she’s doing based on what she has reported, she’s actually doing even better. That’s insane!

Now remember, Swetha has been reporting sales for quite a while now. All this time, she had no idea I would ever ask her to log in to any of her accounts, or which one(s) I would ask for. So if she was going to fabricate sales, she would have no way of knowing to always keep Afternic clean, as opposed to DAN or Escrow.com or whatever. Thus I now feel 100% confident in all her reports, not just the Afternic ones.

I also now feel confident in saying that Swetha is probably in the Top 100 of all domain investors who have ever lived, and she is probably in the Top 5 of all investors who aren’t part of the “old guard”. Maybe even #1 of the new generation.

But more than that, she is a kindhearted individual who is generously sharing what is working for her even though it makes new acquisitions more expensive for her. And even when the haters show up in droves, she stays the course. Thank you Swetha.

Is it possible that she’s a shill for the registry, and they’re creating hundreds of accounts across multiple marketplaces to buy the domains from her? I mean anything is possible. But it seems highly improbable that they would lock up funds and trust that she would always give them back, just to create the appearance of demand. They don’t benefit from the wholesale aftermarket, so it would just be for the sake of hand regs.

And then how do you explain the ones that are developed? And how do you explain other people getting large XYZ sales? Believe what you want, and skepticism is generally a healthy thing, but this theory seems so out there and lacking in any evidence that I have to think anyone who believes it is jealous (or loves conspiracy theories more than Rob Monster).

Here is the full screenshot I took of her sales summary page, with unreported sales blacked out for her privacy. Again, I took this screenshot myself while personally logged in to her Afternic account, it was not shared with me. I saw it with my own eyes.

Check out the screenshot of Swetha's sales at: https://namebio.com/assets/swetha-sales.jpg

Source: https://namebio.com/blog/swethas-sales-the-truth-may-shock-you/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
XYZ is gaining traction, and one should not try to run another person's house. Sales done, money received and domain transferred that's all. If the domain gets developed or not, leave that to the new owner.

•••
Some people shares public FTC settlement for deceptive practices with "some other people":zippermouth:

Daniel Negari and top executives of .XYZ domain agreed to pay $1.5 million to settle FTC lawsuit for “deceptively” harvesting personal data of millions of consumers (22 January 2022)​

The FTC said that the top executives of .xyz domain, through a network of interlinked companies, deceptively collected loan applications through at least 200 websites, and promised to connect the applicant with verified lenders. Instead, they sold the personal data indiscriminately” to the highest bidder through a lead-generation marketplace.

https://techstartups.com/2022/01/22...-harvesting-personal-data-millions-consumers/

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/new...-indiscriminately-shared#.Y4ZVNWYyuwY.twitter

A FTC confirmed history of creating INTERLINKED companies on at least 200 websites. Theoretically speaking, could INTERLINKED companies on 200 websites be used for sales promotion to encourage domainers to buy XYZ domains at premium renewals?

Some people are asking questions...
Interesting. That is some pretty shady stuff.

It doesn't really have much to do with Swetha, but it is certainly relevant when it comes to Negari's credibility and trustworthiness.

The FTC’s complaint alleges that since at least 2012, ITMedia Solutions LLC, a number of affiliate companies, and their owners and officers have operated hundreds of websites that were designed to entice consumers into sharing their most sensitive financial information—including their Social Security numbers and bank account information. The defendants sold that information to marketing companies and others without regard for how the information would be used, according to the complaint.

“ITMedia tricked millions of people into giving up sensitive financial information and then sold it to companies that were not making loans,” said Samuel Levine, Director of the FTC’s Bureau of Consumer Protection. “The company’s extraction and misuse of this data broke the law in several ways.”

In its complaint, the FTC alleges that 84 percent of the loan applications collected through these websites since January 2016 were not sold to lenders, but instead disseminated to an array of marketers, debt relief and credit repair sellers, and companies that would resell consumers’ information without regard for how the information would be used. According to the complaint, in many instances, ITMedia was not even aware of the purpose for which a company was buying consumers’ data, or at times even the physical location of the company.

In addition to misleading consumers and selling their data without permission, the complaint alleges that ITMedia violated the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) by unlawfully obtaining and reselling the credit scores of consumers who submitted information. The FCRA limits the purposes for which businesses can obtain credit scores and using scores to market leads is not a permissible purpose.

Last edited:
•••
I think this thread is heading towards a different direction. 'The truth may shock you, lol'
I only have 60 XYZ with renewals in December and January. I'm really thinking to liquidate / drop half ☺️

Last edited:
•••
I don't know who the Swetha is, but at the request of one of the participants in this forum, she bought a domain from me via Dan for 500$ at the beginning of the war in Ukraine, which helped me and my family buy a car in which we evacuated from Mariupol...

It is sale was reported in Competed domain sales

•••
This is a typical thread here at NP:
- Start with a nonsense topic
- People reply with off-topic contents and google to prove that they know everything
- Attack each others
- The outcome: Nothing
The irony. You did and are doing the same.

•••
partyround.com
rebrand to
Capital.xyz (105000usd sold)

Last edited:
•••
partyround.com
rebrand to
Capital.xyz (105000usd sold)
Capital is very quick to say. But the extension is ex-why-zee (or zet). It takes a lot longer to say. It may even be longer to say depending on your language. In Spanish it is ekees-ee-gree-ehga-zetta.

Last edited:
•••
Capital is very quick to say. But the extension is ex-why-zee (or zet). It takes a lot longer to say. It may even be longer to say depending on your language. In Spanish it is ekees-ee-gree-ehga-zetta.
No one gives a crap about how long it takes to say the extension or the domain name. What could/would matter is how short or how memorable the domain name is. People type in to go to a website.

•••
No one gives a crap about how long it takes to say the extension or the domain name. What could/would matter is how short or how memorable the domain name is. People type in to go to a website.
No one gives a crap about the extension? Really? Your post is an oxymoron. Your start with saying no one gives a crap about the domain or extension then finish with saying that what is important is how memorable the domain is. Remember, the domain is made up of SLD.TLD both sides are important.

•••
The only way for any new extension to thrive is to create a level playing field. As soon as a registry competes with domain investors it has lost.
Registries competing with investors is a big problem. It's something they should avoid at all costs. Because only investors are buying their extensions in bulk vs an end user with a one time purchase.

•••
No one gives a crap about the extension? Really? Your post is an oxymoron. Your start with saying no one gives a crap about the domain or extension then finish with saying that what is important is how memorable the domain is. Remember, the domain is made up of SLD.TLD both sides are important.
Are you on drugs? Where did I say extension doesn't matter? I said how long it takes to pronounce an extension doesn't matter. Anything other .com is going to (and the ccTLD, depending on the country) have issues with memorability for the common people. In that sense, .io, .xyz, .blah are all the same to the normal users. If you can justify .io or any other extension (other than .com) for that matter, the same logic should hold for .xyz.

•••
Registries competing with investors is a big problem. It's something they should avoid at all costs. Because only investors are buying their extensions in bulk vs an end user with a one time purchase.
Most ngTLD registries are doing it. It amazes me how shortsighted they appear to be. It gives the appearance that they don't expect the extensions to last long term and are playing the short game. Quick money grab.

•••
Are you on drugs? Where did I say extension doesn't matter? I said how long it takes to pronounce an extension doesn't matter. Anything other .com is going to (and the ccTLD, depending on the country) have issues with memorability for the common people. In that sense, .io, .xyz, .blah are all the same to the normal users. If you can justify .io or any other extension (other than .com) for that matter, the same logic should hold for .xyz.
I don't think I am on drugs. Unless someone slipped me some without my knowledge. LOL

You said it doesn't matter how long it takes to say the extension out loud. What other conclusion would I come to?

Dot io is a ccTLD. Countries try to follow the principle of making their ccTLD extensions as easy to say and remember as possible. And they are assigned their ccTLD by ICANN based on the same principle.

Can you point to a test where any extension is the same to normal users? I would strongly disagree with you on this.

Last edited:
•••

The .co registry has no shame in this area. Their sales are tanking, so they slap a 'registry premium' on anything regged in over 5 extensions.

•••
To add to this conspiracy...there are top 1 word dictionary names in XYZ have exorbitant renewal fees.

Coincidence?

If she's such a baller with having a premium portfolio...yet she conveniently avoided the following domain names:

Renewal fees:
loans.xyz $13000
news.xyz $13000
soccer.xyz $13000
trainer.xyz $3000
many others if you download the list on xyz page.

And many more already registered and bought by domain investors after looking at her sales. Not in her portfolio and not seem to sell.

Others that are available to register have a high registration fee ($3000) but $10 renewal:

Again, convientently not registered by the xyz queen.

workbook.xyz
beans.xyz
pyramids.xyz
stun.xyz
beige.xyz
caged.xyz

So, she's the only one right now taking a huge risk and bought premium domain names with hefty renewal fees.

You be the judge.

Last edited:
•••
Confirming sales through an account access is not the litmus test. Confirm and identify the buyers.

•••
There are 2 options here. Either shut up or put up.

•••
While I am all for a good conspiracy, the lack of research and selective reporting behind twitter member (@jackdomainer)'s "closer look" was offensively tragic. A win for clicks and sparking a conversation, but from a sleuths perspective, those tweets were a lazy and wreckless effort to throw gasoline on the fiery conspiracies.

Kudos to @EJS, @DomainNameWire, @Michael for going the extra mile to help put out the flames of shoddy twitter reporting.

11/30 https://domainnamewire.com/2022/11/30/20-more-five-figure-xyz-domains-developed-this-year/

11/ 29 https://domaininvesting.com/daniel-negari-comments-about-swetha-and-her-business/

11/27 https://namebio.com/blog/swethas-sales-the-truth-may-shock-you/

I visited a lot of Swetha's reported sales, and found widely different findings than what appears to have been portrayed in @jackdomainer 's tweets heard round the domaining world. I've been debating on ways to release a more thorough report (Registration Dates, Registrars, Developed Websites), be it written, or recorded screenshare. Just personally, I'm just not sure this matters enough for me to spend time going down this rabbit hole.

Some comments are easier to respond to than others, such as:::

To add to this conspiracy...there are top 1 word dictionary names in XYZ have exorbitant renewal fees.

Coincidence?

If she's such a baller with having a premium portfolio...yet she conveniently avoided the following domain names:

Renewal fees:
loans.xyz $13000
news.xyz $13000
soccer.xyz $13000
trainer.xyz $3000

And many more already registered and bought by domain investors after looking at her sales. Not in her portfolio and not seem to sell.

While this is an interesting theory to raise, seeing how sales reports may inspire domainers to potentially pay premium renewals, this logic may be flawed when looking at the data.

For instance, there were 86 nameBio reported .XYZ sales $20k+.

Of those 86, only 4 had premium renewals (cross-maching those domains with the downloadable premium list from xyz website)... And NONE of those 4 domains that had premium renewals were sold by Swetha.

While some folks may continue to cry conspiray ("why doesn't swethas premium domains have premium renewals?") but the answer to that may depend on the WHOIS year, and possible grandfathered regular renewal granted (until) the domain is deleted. 82 of the top 86 reported .xyz sales, such as 1(.)xyz aren't listed with premium renewal fees on xyz downloadable list. eg XYZ renewals are less expensive for those who had the foresight of registering .XYZ early on.

The only 4 domains that reported selling for over $20k (again, not sold by Swetha) that had premium renewals were:

Joy(.)xyz [$350 premium renewal] = 2020 WHOIS (multiple previous drops) = sold in 2022 for $25k

Capital(.)xyz [$1,300 premium renewal] = 2021 WHOIS (again, multiple previous drops) = sold in 2022 for $105k

Move(.)xyz [$700 premium renewal] = 2021 WHOIS (again, multiple drops) = reported sold in 2022 for $50k

XX(.)xyz [$3,000 premium renewal] = 2022 WHOIS (previously dropped) = but different than the other 3, is XX(.)xyz reported selling for $59k in 2015, PRIOR to the current WHOIS year. Thus looking like the 2015 buyer? had let it drop (or otherwise) and the domain was recently re-registered with a $3k renewal and listed on Dan with a $188k BIN.

Last edited:
•••
While I am all for a good conspiracy, the lack of research and selective reporting behind twitter member (@jackdomainer)'s "closer look" was offensively tragic. A win for clicks and sparking a conversation, but from a sleuths perspective, those tweets were a lazy and wreckless effort to throw gasoline on the fiery conspiracies.

Kudos to @EJS, @DomainNameWire, @Michael for going the extra mile to help put out the flames of shoddy twitter reporting.

11/30 https://domainnamewire.com/2022/11/30/20-more-five-figure-xyz-domains-developed-this-year/

11/ 29 https://domaininvesting.com/daniel-negari-comments-about-swetha-and-her-business/

11/27 https://namebio.com/blog/swethas-sales-the-truth-may-shock-you/

I visited a lot of Swetha's reported sales, and found widely different findings than what appears to have been portrayed in @jackdomainer 's tweets heard round the domaining world. I've been debating on ways to release a more thorough report (Registration Dates, Registrars, Developed Websites), be it written, or recorded screenshare. Just personally, I'm just not sure this matters enough for me to spend time going down this rabbit hole.

Some comments are easier to respond to than others, such as:::

While this is an interesting theory to raise, seeing how sales reports may inspire domainers to potentially pay premium renewals, this logic may be flawed when looking at the data.

For instance, there were 86 nameBio reported .XYZ sales $20k+.

Of those 86, only 4 had premium renewals (cross-maching those domains with the downloadable premium list from xyz website)... And NONE of those 4 domains that had premium renewals were sold by Swetha.

While some folks may continue to cry conspiray ("why doesn't swethas premium domains have premium renewals?") but the answer to that may depend on the WHOIS year, and possible grandfathered regular renewal granted (until) the domain is deleted. 82 of the top 86 reported .xyz sales, such as 1(.)xyz aren't listed with premium renewal fees on xyz downloadable list. eg XYZ renewals are less expensive for those who had the foresight of registering .XYZ early on.

The only 4 domains that reported selling for over $20k (again, not sold by Swetha) that had premium renewals were:

Joy(.)xyz [$350 premium renewal] = 2020 WHOIS (multiple previous drops) = sold in 2022 for $25k

Capital(.)xyz [$1,300 premium renewal] = 2021 WHOIS (again, multiple previous drops) = sold in 2022 for $105k

Move(.)xyz [$700 premium renewal] = 2021 WHOIS (again, multiple drops) = reported sold in 2022 for $50k

XX(.)xyz [$3,000 premium renewal] = 2022 WHOIS (previously dropped) = but different than the other 3, is XX(.)xyz reported selling for $59k in 2015, PRIOR to the current WHOIS year. Thus looking like the 2015 buyer? had let it drop (or otherwise) and the domain was recently re-registered with a $3k renewal and listed on Dan with a $188k BIN.
I'm sorry. You should not need a bachelor's degree to understand this.

•••

Funny... I wish I had a bachelor's degree!!

I thought this was domaining common sense. My mistake.

•••
Funny... I wish I had a bachelor's degree!!

I thought this was domaining common sense. My mistake.
You appear to be a lot smarter than you give yourself credit for. Just keep it to brass tacks.

•••
(Today on DomainNameWire.com)

1. Swetha acquired the almost all of her 20,000+ domains without premiums. .Xyz didn’t have premiums through the reg path when it launched, so if you bought at the launch or picked up expired domains (that didn’t fully delete) later, then there are no premiums. [Update: I checked with the registry and they did have Premium tiers at launch. I also checked with Swetha and she said only one of the domains she owns is a premium.] Not only do non-premium domains sell better, but you can get more reach through networks that won’t take premium domains.

To expand on one of Andrews comments...

The reason Swetha sells the lion’s share of .xyz domains that have been publicly release is a) she owns the lion’s share of good .xyz domains without premiums and b) she publicly announces many of them.

For context, there are only 7,827 .xyz domains listed on the gen.xyz downloadable list of premium .xyz domains. Compared to Swetha's 20,000+ premium .xyz domains with regular renewal. #HailToTheQueen

Last edited:
•••

You didn't actually address his point though.
Just threw out a flimsy comment about a 'bachelor's degree'.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Can anybody answer as to why 1(.)xyz is not listed on the gen.xyz downloadable list of all premium domains?

To answer my question, it looks like this was covered in a 2016 press release article on TheDomains.com written by Michael Berkens

Apparently, in March of 2016, the .xyz registry held an exlcusive premium auction with West.cn; which included the 1(.)xyz domain as its headliner. As an auction perk, these exclusively auctioned domains were removed from the variably priced premium domain list, and were assigned standard renewal fees.

“Many of these domains have never been registered before, since they were originally variably priced premium names, which renewed for a premium fee. However, we have removed these domains from our variably priced premium list so that the winners of these domains will only be responsible for standard renewal fees!”

Last edited:
•••
Back