Dynadot

sales Swetha’s Sales – The Truth May Shock You!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Digital Nomad

Top Member
Impact
Here is a nice article posted on NameBio.com by Michael Sumner the CEO of NameBio.com. He asked for Swetha's aka @DNGear username and password to log into her Afternic account to confirm the sales once and for all, read it all below or go to https://namebio.com/blog/swethas-sales-the-truth-may-shock-you/

Swetha’s Sales – The Truth May Shock You!​

Yesterday there was quite the stir on Twitter after Swetha reported another batch of jaw-dropping .xyz sales. User @jackdomainer did some research and found that an overwhelming majority of her sales were still not developed, which he thought was suspicious given the price tags. Theories started flying around, and even the Castello Brothers and Rick Schwartz chimed in with vague statements alluding to some grand conspiracy.

Grab some popcorn and read it for yourself here:

The low rate of development was the only “proof” provided so far. But why report fake sales? Well isn’t it obvious? To boost the value of her own assets so she can dump them on unsuspecting wholesalers, hoping to reproduce her incredible success, for inflated prices.

But ask yourself this… how many times have you seen Swetha wholesaling premium .xyz domains? I may have missed it, but I don’t recall seeing that.

For years I’ve been in the awkward position of publishing these sales reports. All I can go on is a screenshot, which she graciously provided for every single sale report since the day she started sharing. But screenshots can be faked relatively easily.

I could ask her to share her screen with me while she logs in to a marketplace, but even that could be faked with browser extensions that modify the page live. It’s more difficult than faking a screenshot, but not impossible. Not good enough.

To get a definitive answer, I reached out to Swetha and asked for the unthinkable. I asked if she would give me her username and password to her Afternic account, so I could log in myself and verify all the sales she has ever reported at this marketplace.

I felt bad even asking. Here she is sharing her valuable sales data with the community, all while being given endless grief about it. And now some stranger is asking to log in to her Afternic account. A lesser person would have just said “fuck it”, stopped reporting sales, and told me to go away. But you know what… she agreed! It was at this moment I knew it was all true and factual, but still, I’m going to “due diligence” the heck out of this.

So I quickly logged in to her Afternic account and visited this URL to get a dump of all the raw sales data. Then I started taking screenshots of her sales summary page. I logged out and let her know I was done so she could change her password. Then I started diving in.

One by one I checked the sales against what we have in our database. Every single one of them was perfect. Except I discovered something shocking. Quite a few of the sales were never reported. However good you think she’s doing based on what she has reported, she’s actually doing even better. That’s insane!

Now remember, Swetha has been reporting sales for quite a while now. All this time, she had no idea I would ever ask her to log in to any of her accounts, or which one(s) I would ask for. So if she was going to fabricate sales, she would have no way of knowing to always keep Afternic clean, as opposed to DAN or Escrow.com or whatever. Thus I now feel 100% confident in all her reports, not just the Afternic ones.

I also now feel confident in saying that Swetha is probably in the Top 100 of all domain investors who have ever lived, and she is probably in the Top 5 of all investors who aren’t part of the “old guard”. Maybe even #1 of the new generation.

But more than that, she is a kindhearted individual who is generously sharing what is working for her even though it makes new acquisitions more expensive for her. And even when the haters show up in droves, she stays the course. Thank you Swetha.

Is it possible that she’s a shill for the registry, and they’re creating hundreds of accounts across multiple marketplaces to buy the domains from her? I mean anything is possible. But it seems highly improbable that they would lock up funds and trust that she would always give them back, just to create the appearance of demand. They don’t benefit from the wholesale aftermarket, so it would just be for the sake of hand regs.

And then how do you explain the ones that are developed? And how do you explain other people getting large XYZ sales? Believe what you want, and skepticism is generally a healthy thing, but this theory seems so out there and lacking in any evidence that I have to think anyone who believes it is jealous (or loves conspiracy theories more than Rob Monster).

Here is the full screenshot I took of her sales summary page, with unreported sales blacked out for her privacy. Again, I took this screenshot myself while personally logged in to her Afternic account, it was not shared with me. I saw it with my own eyes.

Check out the screenshot of Swetha's sales at: https://namebio.com/assets/swetha-sales.jpg

Source: https://namebio.com/blog/swethas-sales-the-truth-may-shock-you/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i was reading some of Mike's tweets on this the other day, some of the lows he's going to is disgusting, it's borderline racism/sexism.

This part. Thank you for saying this.

I own some xyz domains, but I’ve always been (and will always be) cautious about swallowing some of the shiny details that float around—as I am (and always will be) with details related to ALL other extensions. So, healthy skepticism isn’t the issue for me.

The issue is the vile way some have chosen to express and pursue this. Under the pretext of “exposing the truth’’ and “protecting domainers”, they’ve taken things to extreme lows:
  • They’ve thuggishly and persistently harassed the domainer in question, with one character even going as far as making derisive memes with the domainer’s name and photos “just for entertainment purposes”.
  • They’ve thrown around quite a few offensive statements that have undertones and overtones of sexism, racism, and classism. From nonsense like “using the face of a woman for sympathy”, to garbage like “Bollywood Domaining”, to incredibly uneducated BS like “an Indian woman would not write like …, they would write in broken English”, “how was an Indian woman able to buy 20k domains”, etc.
  • They’ve lumped any and all domainers that invest in .xyz, try to raise counterpoints, or ask them for hard proof as part of an “xyz cult”, while hypocritically missing their own increasingly cult-like traits.
  • They’ve styled themselves as sole arbiters of truth and authenticity that the domainer, and others, must now present themselves to.
  • They’ve doxed the domainer in a spiteful and reckless way, with little to no consideration for the potential dangers they could be exposing them to.
  • And, so far, they’ve done all this on the strength of sensationalized conjecture, innuendo, speculation, and forced correlations.
WTAF? This is just not okay.

It’s totally different from objective investigations where facts and “innocent until proven guilty” are cornerstones. It’s a malicious, self-serving attack that’s primarily driven by envy, frustration, hate, and fear. And it won’t stop here—even if they get the results they want.

Today it’s Swetha. Tomorrow it’ll surely be someone else.

Last edited:
•••
Why all these unnecessary investigation on Swetha @DNGear alone. Can we dare do the same kind of investigation to other top Sellers in the industry? Enough is enough, let us believe her sales in total.
And thank you Michael Sumner for all these endeavors to clear the doubts in many minds.

Last edited:
•••
I know she has a large portfolio or around 20K domains I think, but the .XYZ registry has around 4.7M total registrations.
Brad, I don't think that is the right way to look at it. By no means all of the 4.7M are for sale - some are in use, some are sitting for possible use, etc. It would be like saying BB have roughly 120,000 names from the entire set of 161 million registered .com, yet they have a disproportionate number of sales, and say something is wrong. They disproportionately sell names because their names are actively for sale and they are very selective regarding name quality.

We should only compare .xyz names that are listed for sale and have quality to merit a high asking price. There is no doubt that Swetha has a large proportion of the quality xyz names, assembled over years, and she also seems very efficient in getting her names BIN listed at Afternic and Dan.

If talking 5-figure sales, the comparable number is the number of .xyz names with a BIN asking price of at least $10k. I just had a look at that at Dan, and there are about 43,750. I think Swetha accounts for more than 30% of the Dan xyz at that price range. More importantly, she has many, not all, of the great names.

I don't see it as surprising that she accounts for a majority, not all, of the high-value sales.

I can't immediately find it, but somewhere on NamePros she posted 1000 of her best .xyz. A truly impressive list.

Has anyone else in history managed to accumulate so many of the great names in one extension? I know some of the pioneer investors accumulated great .com portfolios, but there were a number, so I suspect no one dominated .com the way she dominates .xyz, but I was not around domaining back in those days.

Swetha is truly an inspiration. She has shown that having a plan, discipline and patience, a belief in the quality of your names and pricing accordingly, scaling a portfolio, and getting almost everything priced BIN and effectively listed can pay off big time. She also has a keen sense of what makes a good brand term in the modern world.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
Why digging into someone else business?
I don't really care who sell what. All I care is what I can sell.
Too much time wasting on this topic already.
Give her a break!

•••
Many domain names do not get developed immediately for various reasons:
  • The name was purchased for a vague future plan.
  • The name was purchased for defensive purposes.
  • Plans change for a variety of reasons, business or personal.
  • Expected funding for the project fell through.
  • Etc.
In all extensions, and in a variety of selling prices, many names are not developed. For example,
  • I looked at 2021 .com sales of $25,000 and up, visiting, or trying to visit, 369 sites. 41% were developed, 5% were used in redirection, the rest either for sale again or not operational.
  • I looked at the all-time million dollar sales, almost all .com. I found that 63.5% were developed to some degree, and another 11.5% were redirected, but almost one-quarter, even of these elite sales were not in use.
  • If you go to the various analyses in different types of names and different TLDs you can see other data. For example, the recent analysis for .tv showed an even lower rate of development: just 29% developed, 3% coming soon and 4% in redirection use.
In the two studies I did for .XYZ, I used the same methodology of visiting, or trying to visit, each site in order to determine status. For example, my article from about a year ago: Past 12 Months of XYZ, A Look At The Data, when I looked at all sales $1000 and up there was a lower rate of development, 27% developed and 2% in redirection use. However, if one looks at the more significant sales, more likely to be retail, amongst sales of $20,000 and up, the 46% are developed.

One would expect high-value .com to be more likely to be quickly developed, since many of these sales are upgrades for well-established businesses. Not all, but many, of the .xyz retail sales are to Web3 startups. While some of these have secured investment, in many cases they are early-stage with essentially an idea and a white paper and little or even no funding.

Cherry picking a few sales, and trying to suggest something is wrong, is not analysis or responsible commentary, in my opinion.

As mentioned by others, anyone who has been in domaining for any length of time will know that many names never get developed, often not even have their DNS changed. This is nothing unique to one TLD. It tends to be less in high-value sales, but even with 7-figures a number of names don't get used.

-Bob

Last edited:
•••
What do people say to do in domain investing?
1. Learn what makes a good brand. She did that.
2. Be alert to trends. She did that with web3 in particular.
3. Have a strategy and plan. Check.
4. Be disciplined, take only quality names. She did that (realize some dispute the .xyz, but no one can reasonably dispute her SLD choices).
5. Hold out for good prices. Don't give your names away. Check
6. Get all your names listed effectively on the biggest markets. Check.
7. Every name lander works. Check.
8. BIN price most of your names. Check.
9. Don't just price one or two tiers, actually price different names differently. Check

So she does everything most would say should be done, and people think because some guy who joined Twitter in July likes to come up with conspiracy theories each day, that there is something amiss. Seriously, people.

She did what the experts said to do. Just in .xyz. She got lucky when the Ethereum founder announced .xyz was the first centralized TLD to be supported by ENS. That was the springboard to web3 fascination with .xyz. She built on that through appropriate hashtags when she announced sales.

Other people did it on smaller scale in .tv, in .co, .org or a few other TLDs. We should delight in their success.

And you know what? It is good for all of us, even those who invest only in .com. There are lots of examples, and there will be more, of web3 startups securing a good .xyz, growing and gaining funding, and then locking up the .com, .io, .ai or a few others. It is good for everyone, it really is win-win.

What does this constant sowing of far-fetched doubts do? It is a lose-lose for everyone. Seriously, our industry can and must do better.

Honestly. I am so tired of this. Sorry, rant over.

Have a good holiday period everyone.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
Your argument is disingenuous at best.
I guess that is me, then. I don't feel that way, but ....

I have never invested $1 in crypto or NFTs. Not saying those that do and did were wrong, but I didn't feel comfortable personally. I find most NFTs incredibly ugly. But it is my oldness I guess. Ever invest in decentralized domains? Not for me.

I admire the care that people like Michael at NameBio and Ron at DNJournal do their work.

That is partly why, despite someone complaining that I should be considering sales not in NameBio, I never relent. He takes his job seriously. He does incredible work. I only use NameBio-listed sales.

He did something extraordinary. Without notice, ask for control of her Afternic account. And every sale, every single one, correct. Then Dan co-founder confirmed those sales. It was enough for me.

For those not on social media, there has been a conspiracy theory of the day there. Every time one of their arguments is refuted (the sales reports are photoshopped, the name never sold because it was not developed, etc.) another new one, more lacking in substance than the previous one, pops up. That is what my rant was about. We have to stop giving oxygen, mainly on Twitter, to the bullies and conspiracy theorists.

Now it has reached the point of doubting someone is a person. Seriously. Think when that has been done in history. We must not go back there.

Will .xyz see a pull back? Quite probably, with the troubles of the web3 world of late. But is it all some big conspiracy? No.

Will .xyz overtake .com? No, not in my opinion, never.

Should people invest in .xyz? Each person's decision. It makes sense for some, not for many.

Should people blindly invest in anything because someone has big sales? No, for sure not.

What we can learn from is what she has done superbly well. A lot of that has nothing to do with .xyz at all, in my opinion, and my earlier rant was covering what I see as lessons to learn.

Clear BIN pricing, every name listed, landers that work, attention to pricing, etc.

Maybe it is just me, but I absolutely hate haggling when I buy anything. I used to have a Saturn simply because of no-haggle pricing, well and plastic body for that Canadian salt.
Price on request? I'm gone.
Talk to our salesperson? Really I'd rather not.
Tell us your budget. Really, it's my business.
This name might be for sale? Don't you know if it is? If you are not sure, I'm gone.
Make an offer, we are starting at $5 million for this name registered 2 years ago. I'd rather just buy one at a clear and fair price, thank you.

Maybe it's just me, but I wonder if our industry is failing to see that people might have wanted to go through offers and counter offers and all that in a previous generation, but a lot of the startup founders just out of university, just want clear pricing and a BIN button.

Most web3 startups seem to want a short, ideally single-word name. They can't afford that in .com. Yet. They really can't, as much as domainers say they should. Because early Web3 means you have an idea and white paper and not much more. You don't, yet, have oodles of cash.

So someone acquired the best single words in something else, and presented them all super effectively for the new generation of buyers.

We should learn from success, not to copy anyone in total, but to see what elements might apply to us.

I try to visit thousands of domain names in my analyses over the year. You know what amazes me more than anything else? So many absolutely great names are so hard to determine if they are even for sale. Truly. Zillions of dollars in domains in some hinterland of unclear status.

Take care. Probably another disingenuous at best rant. I guess it's what I do. I'm old. Humour me. I spell funny. It's a Canadian thing. I try to be nice and respect people.

-Bob

Last edited:
•••
Amazing how Swetha went above and beyond to prove her sales are real even if she didn't have to. Kudos @DNGear !
Congrats Swetha! You are the real deal, thanks for giving us so much transparency, may all the hate you get be more fuel to be even more successful! CHEERS! Bless you!
Agree. Swetha if you are reading this do yourself a favour, don't report any of your sales, you don’t get any better thought of because of it.

The more successful someone is you will always get people (out of jealously or other reasons) who will try to undermine your achievements and blacken your name (identity), it's not worth it.

Operate under the radar, make money for yourself/family, you don’t have to prove anything to anyone.

Last edited:
•••
There is one thing guaranteed in life and that is that is the old always make way for the new (people and technology) and generational divide from some of these investors (Rick especially) stands out a lot to me at times.

I don’t believe in .xyz’s long term future and I personally only invest in .com, but I have an open mind about things, I believe Swethas sales are legit and due to these sales, Swetha (multiple 6 figures under her belt) is that new generation of investor that the old lions have took notice of and deem as a threat to them and what they have preached as gospel for the last 30 years (only invest in .com, everything else is worthless), i was reading some of Mike's tweets on this the other day, some of the lows he's going to is disgusting, it's borderline racism/sexism.

Last edited:
•••
Are faceless/nameless avatars still demanding a person (who shows her photo) get on camera and prove they are real?

Swetha is successful because she’s done things her own way and done the opposite of what the community have told her to do (only invest in .com and any other extension is worthless), why should she start doing what people tell her to now and say "how high?" when people tell her to jump?

People like Mann who owns 1 million domain names that most would consider junk should be applauding her not calling her out as he too has made a name for himself going against the norm that you should always buy quality over quantity.

Some people don’t like getting on camera, I personally hate it and only do it with family. Namebio/marketplaces and escrow services have all confirmed her sales are real, high profile brokers have also confirmed they have worked with her, NamePro members have wrote saying they have dealt with her, after all this/commission paid for these sales and people don’t believe, is that her problem? No it is not. If it was me, I just would not report sales, but if she wants to carry on reporting it would just make me be more determined not to bow to pressure and give time to trolls, she doesn’t owe anyone anything.

Last edited:
•••
Hats off to @Michael – he does not write blog posts like this often, but this should go down as one of the greatest things written in our industry this year.

It took bravery to tackle the controversial subject, and to even ask Swetha for access to her Afternic account for a few hours.

This should absolutely refute any that still had doubt. Will the growth in .xyz continue? Who knows. Certainly the NFT and crypto issues will not be helpful. But there is no doubt that the reported sales are authentic.

I can't believe that people kept pushing if a name is not developed immediately that casts doubt on a sale. I have visited a lot of sites, or tried to, in the various analyses. Every extension there are many, many major sales that the name has no meaningful use, even names that sold for millions. Sometimes the DNS has not even changed. I am sure most investors have seen that with names they have sold. There are various reasons that names don't get developed.

Anyway, I mainly wanted to thank Michael and Swetha for, hopefully, finally, putting this to rest.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
I sold my prized .xyz domain name roughly 8 months ago for over 6-figures to the owner of a large tech company... it still has my old name servers and has not been developed.

I genuinely believe all of these .xyz sales are from big crypto-players, tech companies, and venture capitalists that were simply trying to hop on the crypto/.xyz trend by purchasing a keyword .xyz. They had an idea, plus the money to burn, but simply never got around to making their ideas a reality. Crypto as a whole is full of mystery and secrecy and I believe this is somewhat blended with .xyz sales.

Last edited:
•••
This part. Thank you for saying this.

I own some xyz domains, but I’ve always been (and will always be) cautious about swallowing some of the shiny details that float around—as I am (and always will be) with details related to ALL other extensions. So, healthy skepticism isn’t the issue for me.

The issue is the vile way some have chosen to express and pursue this. Under the pretext of “exposing the truth’’ and “protecting domainers”, they’ve taken things to extreme lows:
  • They’ve thuggishly and persistently harassed the domainer in question, with one character even going as far as making derisive memes with the domainer’s name and photos “just for entertainment purposes”.
  • They’ve thrown around quite a few offensive statements that have undertones and overtones of sexism, racism, and classism. From nonsense like “using the face of a woman for sympathy”, to garbage like “Bollywood Domaining”, to incredibly uneducated BS like “an Indian woman would not write like …, they would write in broken English”, “how was an Indian woman able to buy 20k domains”, etc.
  • They’ve lumped any and all domainers that invest in .xyz, try to raise counterpoints, or ask them for hard proof as part of an “xyz cult”, while hypocritically missing their own increasingly cult-like traits.
  • They’ve styled themselves as sole arbiters of truth and authenticity that the domainer, and others, must now present themselves to.
  • They’ve doxed the domainer in a spiteful and reckless way, with little to no consideration for the potential dangers they could be exposing them to.
  • And, so far, they’ve done all this on the strength of sensationalized conjecture, innuendo, speculation, and forced correlations.
WTAF? This is just not okay.

It’s totally different from objective investigations where facts and “innocent until proven guilty” are cornerstones. It’s a malicious, self-serving attack that’s primarily driven by envy, frustration, hate, and fear. And it won’t stop here—even if they get the results they want.

Today it’s Swetha. Tomorrow it’ll surely be someone else.
There is even worse/just as bad things going around behind the scenes including someone claiming they reverse looked up a photo of said domainer and found nudes on adult website and was texting others the supposed photo, people on CH mocking mercilessly including making a fake audio of the domainer trying to sell xyz domains and playing it into rooms.

It doesn’t matter who believes what the sales have been verified, many developed, even Kate Buckley mentioned acquiring a few from her for customers this year and no one has produced one shred of proof to the contrary about the sales or about her. Just conspiracies and complaints about Negari.

Said domainer didn’t want to get on a Zoom call with Mann same guy that spent the previous 36 hours disparaging her on Twitter with the bitter old guard who think they have a right to attack without proof. I wouldn’t talk to him after that either.

•••
But it has kinda grown on me over the years, and I don't see any rhyme nor reason for it having a solid future.
* don't see any rhyme nor reason for it not having a solid future

I mean, I understand the skepticism, I just wish we had 100 more @Michael's in the industry. We'd be doomed as an industry if we didn't have folks attempting to be neutral referree's for the better if the sport for all teams.
+1.

Skepticism though, I think this is different. For example, you're a skeptic Chris. It is in your nature and the digging you do in much reflects that. These others, have they shown scrutiny in past DN investors/sales as this?

Neigh, tis' rage. A witch hunt. Pure, unadulterated jealousy and fear. A pox upon that which threatens the status quo in the domain industry.

Last edited:
•••
These were my .xyz sales till now.
Total 579 sales.
I have my domain registration emails and sale confirmation emails for each of them.
Good luck digging.

ravi.xyz
archetype.xyz
finn.xyz
raving.xyz
ethereum.xyz
optimo.xyz
spectre.xyz
goodtimes.xyz
quadrant.xyz
xenon.xyz
apostrophe.xyz
nobile.xyz
techteam.xyz
kraken.xyz
skylight.xyz
aperture.xyz
torch.xyz
daydream.xyz
tensor.xyz
liquidity.xyz
glitch.xyz
willy.xyz
debtrelief.xyz
casinoonline.xyz
philanthropy.xyz
mobileapps.xyz
crepe.xyz
maison.xyz
bonvoyage.xyz
elsewhere.xyz
genii.xyz
linx.xyz
fundamental.xyz
dominoes.xyz
hypertension.xyz
adaptable.xyz
token.xyz
pantheon.xyz
marketers.xyz
retain.xyz
sanantonio.xyz
cultured.xyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.xyz
relaunch.xyz
stefan.xyz
erwin.xyz
debug.xyz
invictus.xyz
Matic.xyz
Britton.xyz
A-Z.xyz
Priority.xyz
HappyHour.xyz
Podio.xyz
Freshness.xyz
Sweetness.xyz
Tinder.xyz
Steemit.xyz
Aziz.xyz
ether.xyz
iota.xyz
stellar.xyz
siacoin.xyz
komodo.xyz
Steem.xyz
dimes.xyz
astra.xyz
gyro.xyz
ambit.xyz
glade.xyz
visto.xyz
intersect.xyz
hyper.xyz
verify.xyz
jumpstart.xyz
conic.xyz
Antares.xyz
climate.xyz
woke.xyz
coinmarket.xyz
hyperion.xyz
SeoTools.xyz
Hidden.xyz
keegan.xyz
openmind.xyz
renewable.xyz
singularity.xyz
GameChanger.xyz
Pflege.xyz
Articulate.xyz
Transparency.xyz
Charlie.xyz
Pressplay.xyz
Harper.xyz
SayWhat.xyz
Syne.xyz
Gryphon.xyz
Landau.xyz
Marius.xyz
Enclave.xyz
Winkler.xyz
Dhan.xyz
Klub.xyz
Avian.xyz
Whimsy.xyz
Electrum.xyz
BlueBook.xyz
Gamma.xyz
Seer.xyz
Golem.xyz
Equal.xyz
Jonathan.xyz
Wallaby.xyz
Nurture.xyz
Khalil.xyz
Sexton.xyz
OnTv.xyz
Navigate.xyz
Where.xyz
Katrina.xyz
Humans.xyz
Zeni.xyz
Crea.xyz
Rethink.xyz
DataScience.xyz
Egitim.xyz
Slacker.xyz
Arabi.xyz
Videography.xyz
Unpublished.xyz
Snip.xyz
Coda.xyz
Barista.xyz
Obvious.xyz
Kinetics.xyz
Monolith.xyz
Dots.xyz
Wecan.xyz
Substance.xyz
Arman.xyz
Adaptive.xyz
Cody.xyz
Throne.xyz
Leash.xyz
Rhys.xyz
Revival.xyz
Mythology.xyz
Minimal.xyz
Hormone.xyz
Fullstack.xyz
Ahmed.xyz
Neptune.xyz
Objective.xyz
Costa.xyz
Stride.xyz
PathFinder.xyz
Identify.xyz
Arcadian.xyz
Proofread.xyz
Letitbe.xyz
Fringe.xyz
Rainbow.xyz
Rahul.xyz
Pangea.xyz
Holler.xyz
Snot.xyz
MoneyMachine.xyz
Polymath.xyz
Umber.xyz
Additive.xyz
Aspire.xyz
Queensland.xyz
Contextual.xyz
Shakers.xyz
Yours.xyz
Seaport.xyz
Moonshot.xyz
Imago.xyz
Pierce.xyz
Bespoke.xyz
Founders.xyz
Intrinsic.xyz
Primer.xyz
Mynd.xyz
Dreamer.xyz
Destiny.xyz
Returns.xyz
Slingshot.xyz
Tothemoon.xyz
Cicada.xyz
Tuple.xyz
Kawaii.xyz
Groundwork.xyz
Stalwart.xyz
Flipside.xyz
Exile.xyz
Trusted.xyz
Matcha.xyz
Tabernacle.xyz
Kinetix.xyz
Colab.xyz
Backbone.xyz
Canopy.xyz
Workstation.xyz
Emojis.xyz
Remark.xyz
Tout.xyz
Pager.xyz
Jacobson.xyz
Sheets.xyz
Lines.xyz
Slides.xyz
Documents.xyz
Forms.xyz
Boards.xyz
Gifs.xyz
Zips.xyz
Quotations.xyz
Credible.xyz
Moxie.xyz
Refuel.xyz
SpotLight.xyz
Arcane.xyz
Flare.xyz
Campos.xyz
Behaviour.xyz
Arena.xyz
GoldCoast.xyz
Supersonic.xyz
Geomatics.xyz
Geophysics.xyz
Emotions.xyz
Capstone.xyz
Claudia.xyz
Diagnosis.xyz
Deepak.xyz
Symptom.xyz
Arun.xyz
MentalHealth.xyz
Reservoir.xyz
Transcendence.xyz
CheapInsurance.xyz
HallWay.xyz
Kamala.xyz
Mesh.xyz
Variable.xyz
BrainBox.xyz
Efficiency.xyz
Variant.xyz
HeyThere.xyz
Frontier.xyz
Ellipse.xyz
Farhan.xyz
Fractal.xyz
Agarwal.xyz
Clairvoyant.xyz
Fuego.xyz
Nascent.xyz
Circa.xyz
Aether.xyz
Theia.xyz
Balancer.xyz
Echelon.xyz
FanClub.xyz
Ayan.xyz
Ethereal.xyz
EstateAgents.xyz
Decisive.xyz
Worksheet.xyz
Atoll.xyz
Solidground.xyz
Endless.xyz
SuperShop.xyz
Repeat.xyz
Abhi.xyz
Excuse.xyz
Samir.xyz
Elemental.xyz
Arya.xyz
Velocity.xyz
Discus.xyz
Gateway.xyz
Fleek.xyz
Motive.xyz
Lattice.xyz
Napoleon.xyz
Amplified.xyz
Constellation.xyz
Particles.xyz
Metaverse.xyz
Montana.xyz
Rebar.xyz
Subspace.xyz
Insured.xyz
Krish.xyz
Limbo.xyz
Cohesive.xyz
Parachute.xyz
Edition.xyz
Pallet.xyz
Canvas.xyz
Zinc.xyz
Islands.xyz
Propel.xyz
Shimmer.xyz
Props.xyz
Manifold.xyz
Workspaces.xyz
Undefined.xyz
Lynch.xyz
NightShift.xyz
Split.xyz
Genesis.xyz
SwitchBoard.xyz
ClubHouse.xyz
Protocol.xyz
Blox.xyz
Tora.xyz
Chia.xyz
Fission.xyz
Entropy.xyz
Narwhal.xyz
Heyday.xyz
Uncommon.xyz
Patron.xyz
Beacon.xyz
Decentral.xyz
Soteria.xyz
Waterfront.xyz
Minty.xyz
SEOExperts.xyz
SEOGuru.xyz
SEOServices.xyz
Endocrinology.xyz
Ryan.xyz
Nadia.xyz
Starling.xyz
Spectrum.xyz
Fragment.xyz
FireLight.xyz
Boundless.xyz
Shiv.xyz
Asymmetric.xyz
Dune.xyz
Bribe.xyz
Zeit.xyz
Kenji.xyz
Decent.xyz
Edify.xyz
Punks.xyz
Scott.xyz
Manifest.xyz
Highlight.xyz
Maxim.xyz
Arrived.xyz
Vesper.xyz
Arcade.xyz
Pythia.xyz
Spellbound.xyz
Relics.xyz
Talisman.xyz
Continuum.xyz
Bury.xyz
Increment.xyz
Flip.xyz
Guild.xyz
Tavern.xyz
Settlers.xyz
Loot.xyz
Creator.xyz
Common.xyz
Artifacts.xyz
ArtLab.xyz
Optics.xyz
Quest.xyz
Unblock.xyz
Demeter.xyz
Agora.xyz
Weirdo.xyz
Artifact.xyz
Funded.xyz
Objects.xyz
Worlds.xyz
Metaphor.xyz
Verified.xyz
FutureProof.xyz
Tribes.xyz
Upshot.xyz
Zealot.xyz
HideOut.xyz
Squid.xyz
LeaderBoard.xyz
Provenance.xyz
Plasticity.xyz
SeedFund.xyz
OffBeat.xyz
Ecclesia.xyz
Stir.xyz
Valence.xyz
MetaPhysics.xyz
Organs.xyz
Spiral.xyz
Verses.xyz
Lever.xyz
Alliance.xyz
Embed.xyz
Runway.xyz
Siren.xyz
Geode.xyz
Hyperspace.xyz
Supercool.xyz
Caliente.xyz
Persuade.xyz
Stratos.xyz
Collective.xyz
Dragonfly.xyz
Holon.xyz
Substrate.xyz
Skiff.xyz
Spacebar.xyz
Shipyard.xyz
Daylight.xyz
Aslam.xyz
Gaurav.xyz
Mags.xyz
Soba.xyz
Wilde.xyz
Cameo.xyz
Ante.xyz
PointBlank.xyz
Ollie.xyz
Heir.xyz
Proved.xyz
Zapper.xyz
Qualia.xyz
Glow.xyz
Fractional.xyz
Gilded.xyz
Cheq.xyz
Ghostly.xyz
Revolve.xyz
Tiptop.xyz
Verticals.xyz
Bolt.xyz
Oval.xyz
Beem.xyz
Galaxies.xyz
Kindred.xyz
Antimatter.xyz
Strider.xyz
Accredited.xyz
BlockHouse.xyz
Smuggler.xyz
Otherwise.xyz
Zora.xyz
Campground.xyz
Originals.xyz
Hypothesis.xyz
Audacious.xyz
ViceVersa.xyz
Genies.xyz
Streams.xyz
Seekers.xyz
Momentum.xyz
Fuku.xyz
Covalent.xyz
Davos.xyz
Metadata.xyz
CoinHub.xyz
Moniker.xyz
Paramount.xyz
Tokenomics.xyz
Exponential.xyz
Primitive.xyz
Parasol.xyz
Keel.xyz
Graviton.xyz
Mural.xyz
BlockchainLabs.xyz
Forerunner.xyz
Parametric.xyz
LiveArt.xyz
Dexterity.xyz
Divergence.xyz
Mythic.xyz
Mystic.xyz
Holograph.xyz
Tenshi.xyz
Hadron.xyz
Methodology.xyz
Fortress.xyz
Otherside.xyz
Artemis.xyz
Kips.xyz
Outsiders.xyz
Pluto.xyz
Moonstone.xyz
Clinique.xyz
Anagram.xyz
Antic.xyz
Paragraph.xyz
Browsers.xyz
Cohort.xyz
Tragic.xyz
Giddy.xyz
Superduper.xyz
PowerPlay.xyz
Alongside.xyz
Wrap.xyz
Siblings.xyz
Homepage.xyz
Starlings.xyz
Kylin.xyz
Linkable.xyz
Bailout.xyz
Territory.xyz
Woofer.xyz
StakeHolder.xyz
RoundTable.xyz
Holder.xyz
Bebop.xyz
InterChain.xyz
Oddities.xyz
Scalar.xyz
SportsBet.xyz
RightClick.xyz
Croissant.xyz
Pixels.xyz
Taiko.xyz
Lasagna.xyz
Redeem.xyz
Farmyard.xyz
Clockwork.xyz
Conviction.xyz
GoodPlace.xyz
Evaluate.xyz
Happening.xyz
Raindrops.xyz
Kinetic.xyz
Psychedelic.xyz
Croak.xyz
Overlord.xyz
Singular.xyz
Causality.xyz
Boolean.xyz
Keys.xyz
Hackerspace.xyz
Succinct.xyz
Indelible.xyz
Myna.xyz
Evermore.xyz
Validator.xyz
Apiary.xyz
Aimed.xyz
Generative.xyz
Overlooked.xyz
Mosaik.xyz
Trellis.xyz
Mew.xyz
Sino.xyz
Bull.xyz
Homage.xyz
Recursive.xyz
Chroma.xyz
Lore.xyz
Mantle.xyz
Tapioca.xyz
MishMash.xyz
Conduit.xyz
Creds.xyz
Waveform.xyz
Coherent.xyz
Caldera.xyz
Scroll.xyz
Okapi.xyz
Summon.xyz
EarlyBird.xyz
Socrates.xyz

•••
Note: Using development as a factor after a sales report is a double-edged sword. There are a few different directions it can go.

Undeveloped Direction 1: Blank page, Under construction page, or asset does not resolve = This is more than likely someone that acquired an asset to eventually develop it as an end-user, but hasn't completed the development yet or is waiting for a development round of funding.

Undeveloped Direction 2: Parked Page or Affiliate campaign = This could go either way. It may be someone that acquired the asset to develop it, but awaiting more funding, or using monetization to gather development funding. It could also be a reseller trying to figure out how to cover the assets renewal costs before they find someone to resell it to for a profit. Unfortunately, it may also indicate a hyped sales report that fell through or never happened.

Undeveloped Direction 3: Sales Lander = This may or may not be a reseller or indication the sales report was not accurate (E.g. sale fell through or an attempt to pump hype to find a reseller to invest into it). Checking the assets history (waybackmachine and whois) can be an indicator if it ever changed hands or the sales lander company the DNS points to changed.

In conclusion: One can't conclusively knock a sales reports authenticity Soley based on current development progress. While there are those out there that fake sales reports to hype a domain or even an entire extension to generate sales for an individual or registry, we cannot lump everyone into the same unethical basket. It can sometimes take hours, days or even weeks (months) of research to positively identify intent to deceive and even then, it may not be all-inconclusive.

At the end of the day, lack of development could simply be a reseller that may or may not have paid way too much for an asset they will be left holding the bag for and never find an end-user that brings a profit to resell to. There's no unethical intent when it comes to bad investments (Unless they were blatantly deceived to spend that much). It's a buyer's responsibility to do their own due diligence prior to making a binding purchase offer or clicking the BUY NOW button.

I know I've bought domains in the past when I was too tired to see straight and regretted it the next day, but that was my fault, for not going in with a level head and doing my due diligence first. Impulse buys can sometimes be the biggest hard knocks learning experiences and mega losses we ever have.

To each their own.

We all do it differently.

That's just my opinion.

•••
Ugly, Malicious trolling is going on and increasing every hour. Looks like the Fellows whom we adore are stooping to the newest low every hour. They think they are law unto themselves. If anyone don't respond to their call, bow before them, don't match their Criteria/Parameters of a successful domainer.....then they will join hands and start slamming, maligning, insulting, intruding and tagging photos, with no holds barred. In the name of skepticism they are ravaging the person.
They are trying to push her in a corner and when she protests, they will say see, she is guilty thats why she is protesting or else she would have come out clean. Who are you to tell or ask anyone to prove their credibility. Self-Proclaimed Domaining Judges? Seniors in domaining community should ask these guys to hold their horses and to Live and Let Live.
Empires have come and gone over centuries.
Karma strikes back subtly

Last edited:
•••
This morning @Michael posted a little analysis of $10,000 + .xyz sales reported in NameBio. There were 143 sales across 18 venues/sellers, and 'just' 59% were Swetha. The continual claim that just one person reporting significant sales in the extension is becoming tiresome. Thanks Michael for compiling the stats.
-Bob
NameBio10k-analysis.png

•••
I don't know "Jack Domainer" and sincerely hope that it stays that way.

He's an arrogant troll who poses conspiracy theories as fact with very poor evidence & surprisingly a lot of domainers champion him.

•••
I know this is much asked, but maybe swetha can ask some of the buyers, which sites are not developed, to step forward and explain, why they're not using their domains...

Few months ago I sold the domain name infinix(.)xyz, at Afternic.

The domain is undeveloped, nameservers are the same.

Can you please contact the buyer on my behalf, and ask him to come here and explain to you why his domain is not developed yet?

Thanks!

•••
Why all these unnecessary investigation on Swetha @DNGear alone. Can we dare do the same kind of investigation to other top Sellers in the industry? Enough is enough, let us believe her sales in total.
And thank you Michael Sumner for all these endeavors to clear the doubts in many minds.
I agree with you - this is bashing of her integrity. Swetha deserves to receive the recognition like the other big players in this industry - maybe even more. She is reporting those sales. Other big players are not and have left namepros long ago and are calling namepros members a lot of negative and bad words.
Kudos to Swetha @DNGear - long live the Domain Queen!

Last edited:
•••
.top, .promo in your signature says it all. :xf.laugh:

You can go back to your false flag worship HOT KEY :ROFL:. Load up on those .XYZ's buddy. ❤️💘♥️👩‍❤️‍👩
Your obviously clueless.

And you think the top dude actually represented a serious investor? Wait, lemme guess, you also define the entire dot-link extension by another person on here. You should really consider doing more research on some of us, before coming to conclusions.

I'll leave it that, straying from the topic.. and yeh, I'll keep loading up, cause with you're know-how on fellow NPer's, that's what I do. :banghead:

Last edited:
•••
Are the listings for "Swetha.xyz" on namebio going to be updated to the correct marketplaces instead of a website that the sales didn't actually occur on?
Just wanted to point out that when you submit a sale to NameBio they make it very clear that it is your choice whether to list it with your own name/website or on with the marketplace where the sale was finalized. So there is nothing to be updated.

There are a number of reasons for this policy:
  1. To give credit to the person/company reporting the sale to NameBio.
  2. Because the seller can legitimately be considered the person who sold the domain name, not the marketplace. For example, I create a clever two-word combination or word merge or whatever. I list it on marketplaces, in some cases including description, graphic, etc. I may have promoted it in some fashion to help the name be noticed by the buyer. True the marketplace processed the transaction, but were they the seller or was I? Also, it is I who must report the profit of the sale on income taxes.
  3. It may make the sales data more useful. The sort of analysis that Brad did above would not have been possible without the way they were reported.
  4. It might be argued that if the marketplace do not report sales themselves, that it is misleading to report a sale under their name. I realize this can be argued both ways.
Just to clarify for those who do not follow the Report Completed Sales thread here, or follow her on social media, in both cases she always reports where the actual transaction closed, e.g. Dan, Afternic, etc. so there is absolutely zero lack of full transparency.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
Flippers (vs investors) seem more interested in conspiracy (guessing) than doing due diligence. We have withessed one of the most confusing markets in decades - crypto, nft, web3, meta. The domain extension does not seem to be a barrier for developers looking to settle in web3 space. (Think Block.xyz)

Though much of that xyz growth / adaptation was expected to come from the base - ordinary SMEs. Well, there are many types of analysis that will help you identify new markets for growth whether that's market expansion or new movement / shifts in market. A gap in the market is an opportunity to offer something that web3-rebels want but that other registries aren't providing. That's something the registry brains figured out - right time, right moment, right market/movement.

Never has there been more money available for new digital-ideas to become reality. How are the funding projects on dot xyz doing? Is there any sense? The commercial future of the web3 companies looks very promising. Each day there's millions of $ invested in xyz startups (Just yesterday: 7 dot xyz raises $37M). AND I follow / track enormeus number of VCs, and not only VCs but also podcasts (s.a. proof.xyz), engaging via social, phone calls, facetime ... I want to understand them, their problems, vision.)

We can create any image (future) in our heads as we want it to be. BUT Your names / investment doesn't actually reflect reality. if you’re inside the domainer box - you're cut off. Don't know, maybe solipsism syndrome? No offense!

I test multiple markets / sectors scenarios and select the most promising xyz domains. Not good names, but for web3 folks: 'the happy names'.

Invested in 180 names.
Sold 38 names (the biggest sale was $80K 1word. The lowest sale was $800 for 2word)

Ask Yourself: Why am I unable to sell my domains? Think carefully and honestly about Why.

Regards

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back