domains Swetha posts her second ever 6 figure .xyz sale with Sportsbet.xyz

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact

Swetha is at it again, while most are relaxing on a Sunday afternoon she posted her second largest sale ever, Sportsbet.xyz at $103,910. She added another 4 sales including bebop.xyz for $39,888. I am curious to see who bought Sportsbet.xyz an area I am very interested in. Normally these .xyz sales have a crypto/Web3 buyer, […]
Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I knew who bought it. They are running a .IO. And the broker is well known to all of us.
Maybe they're not fully aware of what's happening with the site.

•••
Congrats on the sale. I just went to sportsbet.xyz and and it came up with this (I've blurred it) 🤔:

Show attachment 216032

No I'm not suggesting that Swetha has any control over the content of a sold domain. But is anything ever normal with XYZ sales?

So someone paid 6 figures and then immediately tarnished the entire thing with ads for p*rn...? How does that make any sense?
I'm using Brave browser and had to turn off all security along with Bitdefender just to open the page.

I'm getting a redirect to Donna Bella Pizzeria.

Firefox and Edge won't even open the page due to malicious links and content.

Odd that someone would pay that much money just to sabotage it right out of the gate.

Edrb8GO.png

•••
Do you think its been forwarded to zero click ads @Future Sensors ?
If so they would redirect to our categories which we visit frequently. Am I right?

•••
•••
Do you think its been forwarded to zero click ads @Future Sensors ?
If so they would redirect to our categories which we visit frequently. Am I right?
I thought it was zero click when I checked yesterday.

•••
I thought it was zero click when I checked yesterday.
Are they called zero click because under normal circumstances nobody would want to click on the content that they serve?

•••
•••
Here is a good primer and why Bodis stopped most zero click ad partners.

https://domainnamewire.com/2020/09/16/bodis-dumps-shady-zero-click-programs/
@Sedo The link provided by @equity78 is a recommended read for your platform as well. I'm aware that zero-click at Sedo can be disabled on a per account basis after contacting Sedo Support (you just have to know that this is possible). Better yet, turn it off completely for everyone, as domains will be flagged as malicious by security vendors. This hurts Sedo's customers, Sedo's reputation, and of course the reputation of the domain industry.

•••
Why aliens? I am buying myself and launching startups.

Because everything is abnormal. Meaningless extension. High prices for ordinary keywords.
Becomes popular suddenly and for no reason. And all keywords were bought by swetha, and only s/he
makes all those sales, while top keywords still sell for 3 figures by others.

"They" know how to make any extension popular. .CO sells for high prices, but if you own them you can't sell them. They sell theirs.

•••
Because everything is abnormal. Meaningless extension. High prices for ordinary keywords.
Becomes popular suddenly and for no reason. And all keywords were bought by swetha, and only s/he

"They" know how to make any extension popular. .CO sells for high prices, but if you own them you can't sell them. They sell theirs.
Given your many other postings along the same lines, you really don't trust any person or marketplace in the domain industry. How do you keep going, with so much injustice?

•••

Did anyone told you to buy .xyz? Already we have enough competition. Trust your gut and dont bother abt .xyz.
Good luck!

•••
Given your many other postings along the same lines, you really don't trust any person or marketplace in the domain industry. How do you keep going, with so much injustice?

I sell less than I could. But the same is true for others, so more drop names worth registering, but those with active buyers are dropcatched.

I'm not necessarily against speculation, fake sales, or even shillbidding. Not much can be done about them...
But I'm against preventing sales, and big difference between buying and selling prices (in the same sale). Let them play their games, but I must not be affected with such games. There must be enough room for fair business.

I'm not against swetha at all. It is good to hear such good sales. I'm just saying s/he must be an insider to know the future (remoteviewing ? or other intelligence). I would do the same, if I knew .xyz would start selling for 5-6 figures.

Last edited:
•••
I think domains .xyz are interesting not only in the field of crypto (although crypto will be more interested because there is and will be money to invest, invest in domains), but there is a field of game and in general web3

•••
For crypto .cr , and .to make more sense. This is not about logic.

Last edited:
•••
•••
@Sedo The link provided by @equity78 is a recommended read for your platform as well. I'm aware that zero-click at Sedo can be disabled on a per account basis after contacting Sedo Support (you just have to know that this is possible). Better yet, turn it off completely for everyone, as domains will be flagged as malicious by security vendors. This hurts Sedo's customers, Sedo's reputation, and of course the reputation of the domain industry.
Very good point, thanks for posting.

•••
•••
I sell less than I could. But the same is true for others, so more drop names worth registering, but those with active buyers are dropcatched.

I'm not necessarily against speculation, fake sales, or even shillbidding. Not much can be done about them...
But I'm against preventing sales, and big difference between buying and selling prices (in the same sale). Let them play their games, but I must not be affected with such games. There must be enough room for fair business.

I'm not against swetha at all. It is good to hear such good sales. I'm just saying s/he must be an insider to know the future (remoteviewing ? or other intelligence). I would do the same, if I knew .xyz would start selling for 5-6 figures.
She's a sound investor that took a chance on XYZ. Got nothing to do with being an insider, or other conspiracy. When it comes to "fair business": This is business, and fairness doesn't come into it

If others had the position that she has, I'm not sure if they'd apologise or feel bad about it. She'll be pleasant and nice to people within the community, sharing what she can about her sales, but at the end of the day this is competition, and she works for her position in the market. IMO

Last edited:
•••
To all the doubters...Maybe her choice of domains and marketing skills are better than most of us.

I wouldn't be surprised it is Negari himself under the nickname Swetha surprises us with all these incredible sales. :unsure::xf.smile:

•••
Neither Bebop nor Sportsbet are Crypto related, unless I am missing something.

Yep you’re missing something..

Bebop/xyz is a coming soon DeFi Trading platform! (Defi is directly related to crypto and blockchain)

Congrats @DNGear Swetha !!

:)

Last edited:
•••
(I'm not saying swetha is not doing fair business. (was complaining about marketplaces, when replying someone) Being an insider doesn't (necessarily) mean being part of something bad. I'm totally neutral about her. Might be doing this for speculation together with the registry, and other players: if so, I don't complain about it. People invested in .biz, .mobi ..in the past and mostly failed.
Swetha invested in .xyz and went lucky, and makes 7 figures just from .xyz. Coincidence,..maybe. But not likely.
Why choose .xyz out of 1500 extensions. And .xyz was expensive for moderate quality keywords. )

I complain about marketplaces.
For example at Dan domains don't resolve: means, buyers are not endusers. And it can be user specific
(discrimination at spam-protection level). If they are honest they must be stupid. If they are not honest, I don't
see how they can profit from this.
At Sedo, buyers don't even see that this is a parked domain which is for sale.. they see big cookie covering the whole page as if it is necessary. Cookies selling must be a bigger business than selling domains. And most sales are partner sales, or sales to domainers, or other midpeople so why bother to make 10-20 percent commission. And they donate our name and address to anyone for free: "no purchase necessary".
Afternic, all buyers are godaddy agents. Dan/Sedo buyers also might be GD and other registrars most of the time.

What would be honest business: Allow me to connect with endusers naturally and directly (not necessarily by sharing full identity). Let me add prices with expiration dates, ordon't punish me if priced domain expires. etc.. Also removing domains with trademark as an excuse is a big self-contradictory mistake.
You can't list paris.tld at Sedo, but you can list hiltonhotels.tld with no problem.
At Afternic they make a price request. We add a price, they don't publish it. When we complain about it,
first they ignore, and then say there is TM (although there is none), and then remove the domain. But if you go to Godaddy and search for this domain they say
"we can get this domain for you". Ok but how, by making an offer at Sedo or Dan (since it can't be sold at ultra-ethical AN)?

Last edited:
•••
Yep you’re missing something..

Bebop/xyz is a coming soon DeFi Trading platform! (Defi is directly related to crypto and blockchain)

Congrats @DNGear Swetha !!

:)
Bebop is a jazz style from the 1940's. But nowadays any irrelevant name seems to be the norm for new start ups with deep pockets.

What I do see likely to happen is many of these new companies going under and taking loads of investors cash with them in the not too distant future.

•••
Bebop is a jazz style from the 1940's. But nowadays any irrelevant name seems to be the norm for new start ups with deep pockets.

What I do see likely to happen is many of these new companies going under and taking loads of investors cash with them in the not too distant future.

I know all about bebop and jazz haha, …you’re correct.

I was simply pointing out the use of the name was used for the crypto /Defi niches as a Brandable.

It’s great Brandable …so many people still don’t understand the “words” that are selling on .xyz and Swetha names ..most are 1 word Brandables!

bebop is jazz

&

“Apple” if a fruit :) catch my drift…..

“Any irrelevant “ isn’t a fair stance IMO, every good Brandable single word .com is king taking by a company or 6 figures plus…these new startups need and want something …and .xyz was the choice for the niche

.xyz “real word Brandables “ is where it’s been. She owns most and either has sold or still holds most.

Many of the new startups won’t succeed ur correct about that.

That also applies toall business in general, not just .xyz related

•••
Your experience is encouraging more people going to ngtlds.
Congrats! @DNGear

•••
I am not sure whether you know one of our top investors and brokers @andyboothsi or not. Credit goes to him. Thanks Andy.
Can u tell us list of brokers who help sell domains successfully especially those that might be below $25000 ? There are .me domain, .link domain, .xyz , .in within this price. If you could list names it will not just help me but even every new or old domainer. Thanks.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back