Dynadot

Strange registrars for Moniker domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey everyone, just looking for some clarification on something.

I have purchased some domains off of SnapNames, which are now in my Moniker account, but when I added them to Afternic and checked the WHOIS I noticed that the registrars are sometimes bizarre names like MICROBREWEDDOMAINS or DESCHUTESDOMAINS. I am not too worried about the security of these domains as they are held at Moniker, I would just like an explanation as to why these wouldn't be official "Moniker Online Service" domains. Will this pose any issue when transferring ownership when I sell?

Many thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
These are shell registrars, they exist for the purpose of catching domains.
Enom has a lot of subregistrars too like enom401 enom402 etc :)

What you see in the whois is the true registrar of your domains, Moniker provides an interface to that registrar.

Last edited:
•••
These are shell registrars, they exist for the purpose of catching domains.
Enom has a lot of subregistrars too like enom401 enom402 etc :)

What you see in the whois is the true registrar of your domains, Moniker provides an interface to that registrar.

Awesome, thank you SDSINC! So there should be absolutely no problem with transfers/pushes from the Moniker interface?

Rep+!

•••
Yes, I've already verified this with my acct manager, any of the Snapnames registrars under the management of the Moniker interface can be pushed between each other without any issue. When it came time to renew one, I even tried to registrar transfer one into my primary Moniker account, and I got an error saying it was already at Moniker.

•••
Yes, I've already verified this with my acct manager, any of the Snapnames registrars under the management of the Moniker interface can be pushed between each other without any issue. When it came time to renew one, I even tried to registrar transfer one into my primary Moniker account, and I got an error saying it was already at Moniker.

Excellent!! Glad to hear that. I appreciate both of your quick responses to my inquiry. Both repped!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back