Dynadot

Moniker Review - A Serious Question

NameSilo
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
Today 4/18/2020 I logged into my Moniker account to renew or possibly transfer one of my domain names.

I keep very good records of expiration dates, etc. This particular domain had an expiration date of today.

However, when I logged into Moniker, I noticed that the expiration date was showing as yesterday 4/17/2020??
Furthermore, Moniker dashboard says that I can only renew and not make any other changes such as unlock or get auth code for transfer.

I went back to my email to look at the renewal reminder email and sure enough, it shows the expiration date as today 4/18/2020. I also checked whois and it shows expiration of today 4/18.

I sent an email to support at Moniker and haven't heard back yet.

I have screenshots of the renewal reminder (showing 4/18), the whois (showing 4/18), and my moniker panel (mysteriously showing 4/17).

Is this normal? Do registrars change expiration dates like this normally?

Hope to get some feedback from the community. Especially those who deal with Moniker.

I only have probably 5 domains there, but they are all 4L.com names.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Could it be due to Timezone differences?
Also, I'm not sure how they can deny transfer out? If they insist, you should file a complaint with ICAAN.

•••
Could it be due to Timezone differences?
Also, I'm not sure how they can deny transfer out? If they insist, you should file a complaint with ICAAN.
Timezone would not change an 18 to a 17 as far as I know.

•••
I’ve noticed this before too. Got fed up with their policies and pricing, and moved all my domains outta there. That place was never the same after Monte sold it.

•••
I’ve noticed this before too. Got fed up with their policies and pricing, and moved all my domains outta there. That place was never the same after Monte sold it.
After this happened this morning, I transferred all other domains I had there to another registrar. Just waiting on resolution on this one. I don't like how they do that at all.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back