IT.COM

Moniker Sucks

NameSilo
Watch

mr-x

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
@moniker

I had to cancel a CC due to fraud. I've also spent the last few months traveling between CA and OR. In the process, I neglected some of my renewals and lost several domains.

When I contacted Moniker about recovering one domain I was told I would have to buy it at auction. If it didn't sell at auction, I could pay $125 to recover the name from pending delete.

Moniker didn't change or disable DNS resolution when domain expired, only after it was deleted from my account.

I'll finish moving my 250+ domains from moniker to hexonet.net. Better prices, great API, easy to recover a name from pending delete.

Email From Moniker:
On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 10:00 AM, Moniker Support <[email protected]> wrote:

Dear Sir,

thank you for contacting Moniker Support.

I understand that you want to renew the domain listed.

Due to the fact that there was no valid payment method on file in your account, your domain expired and entered grace period, where it could have been still renewed for 33 days.

Since the domain was not renewed for 35 days, it was setup for auction on SnapNames. In case of a successful auction the domain will be allocated to the new owner.

You can now try to buy the domain back from auction. If you want to do so please visit https://www.snapnames.com and search for the domain name.

The auction period is running for 10 days. Should the domain not be sold in auction, it will be deleted and you can redeem it while it's in the redemption period for a restore fee of $125.00.

If you want to do so please contact us again for further instructions.
Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Ivan Gonzalez
Your Team @Moniker.com
--

Thanks Ivan. You'll make a few thousand from the domains I let expire, you loose 100 times that in renewals.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Couldn't agree more, Moniker Online Services, LLC sucks. They cheat me. They stole my domain name.

I have been in a transfer process (from Moniker to Porkbun) for months and Moniker never returned the money to me, nor authorized the transfer. In the end of this they got my domain.

In general I have only one thing to say: Moniker never again!!!!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back