Dynadot

Stolen Domain!!! Need Help!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello Everyone,

As all of you know I recently bought ***.com from the user "smullen" at namepros.

I just checked my account today and the domain isn't in my account anymore. I don't know how the hell this can happen but I need major help on recovering it!!!

The new whois is:
Administrative Contact:
SAGHT
Network Administrator ([email protected])
+61.0734115039
Fax: +61.0734115039
30 Loch St
West End, QLD 4101
AU

The domain is at ENOM, how do I go about recovering my domain I bought!!
Do they have a number, what will I need to provide? I received no email that the domain was pushed to another user...

Please help me people, I need to get to the bottom of this and get my domain back...

-Jarrod

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Finally got ahold of them, they have an appropriate person working on my case right now. There is hope that I get it back, and I'll just have to wait for a response in my case.

Also I'm filing complaints to proper Austrailian authorities.

•••
The cause of all this ... greed.

•••
edder said:
The cause of all this ... greed.

"TNQ.com ........ [mr. burns fingers] exxxceelllleeennntt"

•••
Grrr I don't get this... Premium got the $$$ back and now wants to send them back to get the name? How can he trust him after all this???

•••
First: Definitely what was done here was wrong on the part of Smullen, unless there is some part to the story that we (I) have not heard yet.
Second: Legal action would be somewhat pointless unless your goal is to cause an inconvenience for him, as you have not been "harmed" to any great extent. While there might be punitive consequences from PayPal, etc., I seriously doubt you can force specific performance (The transferring back of the domain) through any legal channels (And enom would actually be incorrect in doing so here, if they do, in fact, have a 1 week push policy...).
Third: Assuming we have all the facts before us, Smullen's correct course of action should be to accept full payment for the name and to transfer the domain to premium.
HOWEVER: I want to make it clear (And I think we all know), that having a cool head when the stuff does hit the fan helps to keep folks on your side. Keep all posts, even those that tell how you have been horribly wronged, civil and slander (Not the legal term here) free.
Smullen, if you're reading this: Do the right thing. PM me if you have questions or further info somehow.
I hope this has a happy ending.
-Allan :gl:

•••
SMullen You have to have some honor I sold xef.com for $1650 on Domain State same day someone at DNF offered $2000 I basically said sorry name sold for almost 25% less a sale is a sale. RJ please let everyone know what's going on as far as DNOA's postition and NP. Thank you

Smullen you are reading thread right now so why don't you answer everyone at NP?

•••
originalclips said:
I guess this is what makes this board different to DNF, DNF is a place where sales are taken professionally and dealt with like a business where as this is just as you put it a community

This is being seen a BS on both forums, at least by those that go about business in a professional and business like manner.

•••
scrsteven said:
I have a PM in my box from Smullen where he offered to sell TNQ.com for ~$2100 to me about two weeks ago and I never got back with him since I offered him a little less.
Smullen, this is not worth the extra $ 398 you are trying to get out of this name. If I were you I would even waive away the "missing" $ 2 and do the right thing and honour this legit sale. You will be surprised about the positive reactions you will get by doing the right thing now.

Last edited:
•••
whats this 7 day rule with enom anyways how come in the years here we have never heard about this happening, how can we do trades and sleep with peace ? how can we even trade or sell domains with this type built in bomb within the network of selling domains, this will give the wrong impression that people are allowed to do this it has to be snipped in the bud before this gets out of hand,,,, what if this becomes a common place accurance happen now and then since the word is out that this is allowed..
This event may stipulate a new grounds in domain laws that need to be looked at by the councel domain judges and icann

Last edited:
•••
Excellent news everybody!!!

I have provided enough evidence that Enom has pushed my domain back into my account. The domain is under my control, its locked, the whois is being updated to my information. Sean will not be able to touch this domain again.

As of now I will send the money back to Sean including the $2 extra (trust me I don't feel like he deserves it after what he did, however it's the right thing to do).

All I ask from Sean is an apology.

I would like to thank all of you at namepros, everybody who supported me and gave me hope! You all are very good detectives and I received tons of PM(s) with lots of advice and help, it was really great to see all of this, you all truly support your fellow members. Thanks -RJ- too.

•••
Congrats on getting the domain back.

•••
•••
Thanks everybody.

For the record I have sent the full amount of money to Smullen. Now the deal should be complete.

Perhaps Smullen doesn't deserve it, but this is all about being a good businessman.

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/2083/paytnq5ej.jpg (Payment Sent)

•••
•••
•••
Persistence paid off. I am glad.

Gamehouse

•••
Premium said:
Thanks everybody.

For the record I have sent the full amount of money to Smullen. Now the deal should be complete.

Perhaps Smullen doesn't deserve it, but this is all about being a good businessman.

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/2083/paytnq5ej.jpg (Payment Sent)

Congratulations. I'm glad eNom was able to assist.

Did they give any insight on how he was able to take the name in the first place? I'm equally concerned about this 7 day rule, that if it is true that you can reverse a domain transfer without notifying the current holder this opens the door for more fraudulent transactions.

•••
Premium, you have my respect, and you went further than I thought anyone could go under these circumstances, Congratulations!!!

Great Job!!!

•••
Great News Premiuim! Now, get on the ball and write an email to that tourism CEO of Tropical North Queensland! ;)

Good Luck.

•••
Response from Enom

--- Your Original Message from homebuyer1- 1/8/2006 6:12 PM ---

In your knowledge base, you state "You may no longer have any control
over your domain." when referring to a domain that has been sold and
then pushed into the buyer's account.

Question:
Once a push has been made into the buyer's account, is there any way for
the seller to cancel the push and take the domain back, or do anything
to get the domain back without the seller's knowledge or consent?

--- Agent Reply: Budi Prasetya - 1/9/2006 11:49 AM ---

Hello Robert,

1. Reseller cannot cancel the push when the domain has been placed in
the buyer's account. Reseller needs to contact the new account owner to
push back.

2. The buyer could push the domain back, and if he/she did this,
reseller will not know the process because our system will only send the
email notification to the pusher.

Please let me know if you need any further information. Thank you.

Regards,
Budi Prasetya
Senior Tech Support Engineer
www.enom.com/help

•••
Pheew long thread. Hehe anyways Congrats on getting the name back.

Spy

•••
Congrats Premium on getting the domain which was rightfully yours. I really hope that the staff can discuss the future of smullen here at NamePros, because I know for sure that I never want to be associated with again, or even do business for that matter. :td:

Tom

•••
well, i am amazed!! this thread over the last 72 hrs has been a train wreck that i just couldnt stop watching. i would wake up in the middle of the night and logon just to see what was happening. all over $2 :$: i have continually logged on to see how it was all developing and my feelings swaying from one side to the other. it was an emotional roller coaster of feelings and facts.

its been the "days of our lives" domain style :lol:

premium, really glad you got your domain back(but just double check it again)

gripping stuff!! :tu:

i doubt smullen will ever get his reputation back.

happy days to everyone and hopefully everyone will learn from it.

:wave:

•••
-RJ-, when I find out I'll let you know on how he got ahold of my domain.

I wonder what Smullen is going to do now, can I be assured that this will be the last of this huge mess?

•••
congrats Premium....! glad to see justice was served..

if you have any suggestions on how to avoid things happening in the future (cross-forums) drop me a PM. It's something i'll be discussing w/-RJ-

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back