IT.COM

Stolen Domain!!! Need Help!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello Everyone,

As all of you know I recently bought ***.com from the user "smullen" at namepros.

I just checked my account today and the domain isn't in my account anymore. I don't know how the hell this can happen but I need major help on recovering it!!!

The new whois is:
Administrative Contact:
SAGHT
Network Administrator ([email protected])
+61.0734115039
Fax: +61.0734115039
30 Loch St
West End, QLD 4101
AU

The domain is at ENOM, how do I go about recovering my domain I bought!!
Do they have a number, what will I need to provide? I received no email that the domain was pushed to another user...

Please help me people, I need to get to the bottom of this and get my domain back...

-Jarrod

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well done Premium, justice served to the good guy (for once in this scam ridden industry of ours)..

Hope you didnt think i went too off topic in the defence of your name previously, i find it hard sometimes to deal with people who cant see the wood for the trees...

congrats once again...

•••
I'm glad mate that you got your domain back :)
Congratulations!

Didoz

•••
SWEEEEET BUY, dude! :hehe:

You're in an excellent spot for a quick flip!

•••
Wow, what a long topic. Congrats on getting your domain back Jarrod! If I'm correct, you didn't have to give SMullen his money back since he stole the domain from you right? It's good that you returned his $$$ back, good luck on your future domain sales. :tu:

•••
What a storybook ending!

Great job Premium! You've got yourself a nice little investment there!

I want to know how this got moved in the first place! We must know that. eNom was great to correct the problem, but it scares me that it actually happened in the first place.

•••
Right is might -well done Premium. :)

Sean - a sad day for you, but no sympathy is due JMO :td:

Well done enom :)

•••
Thanks everybody for all of the support, this just goes to show to never give up!

And to Wot, your comments always make me laugh, thanks! :laugh:

I'll keep you all updated on what Enom says, and let this be a lesson learned to all Npers never to mess with Premium because of his avatar ;)

At least my sense of humour is back! :hehe:

Off to a hockey game, I'll report back later.

•••
MCDomains said:
I want to know how this got moved in the first place! We must know that. eNom was great to correct the problem, but it scares me that it actually happened in the first place.

very good question...

jim

•••
Premium, congrats for your domain back. Always on your side. :hehe:

•••
dotBIZ said:
MCDomains said:

very good question...

jim

:bingo:

Premium ... I tried to PM you (your PM's are off) regarding the specifics with regard to conversations / correspondences with Enom, IMHO. :talk:
On how this domain name got to his ("smullen's") account in the first place, and then with regard to any potential reversionary command (within a 7 day period of receipt? Retail/Reseller account?) ... and what Enom has told you, their reasonings, ultimate steps for resolution, etc. Obviously there is now some angst with respect to Enom from all this ... lengthy thread, to be sure ... and I want to address these concerns (and hopefully allay any fears) and see if we can get clarification on the Enom matters which potentially affect so many of us here in the community. :xf.love:

Thanks much, and glad it all worked out.
-Jeff B-)

•••
Premium said:
Retail I believe. I've never heard of this 7 day rule either...
One "feature" of a retail account is that your upline reseller can - without knowing your password - enter your enom account and do anything you can do, which includes pushing domains. Who's your upline reseller?

You should seriously consider getting a reseller account. If you don't want to spend for a discounted account, there are several who can provide you with $8.95 accounts for free. Again, pick your upline reseller with care, as he still would have some oversight on your account, such as pricing and info on what domains you are registering.

•••
armstrong said:
Premium said:
Retail I believe. I've never heard of this 7 day rule either...
One "feature" of a retail account is that your upline reseller can - without knowing your password - enter your enom account and do anything you can do, which includes pushing domains. Who's your upline reseller?

You should seriously consider getting a reseller account. If you don't want to spend for a discounted account, there are several who can provide you with $8.95 accounts for free. Again, pick your upline reseller with care, as he still would have some oversight on your account, such as pricing and info on what domains you are registering.

Wow... That may explain a couple of Domain disappearences for me (nothign serious) Good To know

Thanks for the Info

Grats to Premium, even though the outcome should have bee inevitable :)

•••
BINGO!!!:tu:
GOOD FOR YOU, GALD IT ALL WORKED OUT, WISH YOU THE BEST!
Now you can let it go and move on.

•••
Jeff said:
Premium ... I tried to PM you (your PM's are off) regarding the specifics with regard to conversations / correspondences with Enom, IMHO. :talk:
On how this domain name got to his ("smullen's") account in the first place, and then with regard to any potential reversionary command (within a 7 day period of receipt? Retail/Reseller account?) ... and what Enom has told you, their reasonings, ultimate steps for resolution, etc. Obviously there is now some angst with respect to Enom from all this ... lengthy thread, to be sure ... and I want to address these concerns (and hopefully allay any fears) and see if we can get clarification on the Enom matters which potentially affect so many of us here in the community. :xf.love:
Thanks much, and glad it all worked out.
-Jeff B-)

My Pm's are on and always have been? Anyways I just deleted a lot of mail incase my inbox was full.

I have requested from enom the information on how Smullen got access to my domain and then pushed it to his account. However I am yet to receive a response because they are probably closed now. So I should expect a prompt response in the morning.

The way I signed up, was with www.enom.com directly, just got an account.. does this mean that I become somebody else's reseller? I sure hope not! And I have no idea how he got ahold of my domain.

I am practically paranoid checking my domain and making sure its in my account now.

If you need anything from me, feel free to pm or email me at jarrod[dot]seitz[at]gmail[dot]com .

Smullen has yet to contact me, I'd like to know what happens from here? I expect that Smullen should be punished for such an act?

I'm willing to forgive Smullen if he confesses what he did and appologizes.

•••
Premium said:
The way I signed up, was with www.enom.com directly, just got an account.. does this mean that I become somebody else's reseller? I sure hope not!
In that case, you are connected directly to enom. The registration and renewal rates must be unbelievable, though. :(

•••
armstrong said:
In that case, you are connected directly to enom. The registration and renewal rates must be unbelievable, though. :(

Jeez, Apollo, youre absolutely right there...

And i forgot all about that.. Ive never thought it right that some guy simply with a $6.95 reseller account can have full access to all my domains in my $7.95 reseller account and I likewise have full access to all my $8.95 accounts..

My big fear here is that if this dotcom is under Smullens reseller account he can unlock / push or worse TRANSFER this domain..

This is a problem with Enom Premium but if, like you say, you signed up directly...... :-/

What do you pay then for a dot com registration?

•••
Ian, uplines have full do-anything access to their downline retail accounts, but not to their downline resellers. Access to downline resellers is very limited, as these folks are assumed to know what they are doing and have no need for assistance.

It happened a couple of times where my nameservers on some domains changed to that of my upline reseller, so he could have stolen my traffic. But the traffic on those domains was minimal, so I simply assumed this to be a bug. Besides, after I reported it to enom, the problem was corrected and I never saw it happen ever again.

If you want to be totally safe, signup directly from enom, and park all your names there. When renewal time comes, push to your cheap acct, renew, then push back to your no-upline account. I don't do this myself, though - too lazy. :guilty:

•••
congrats !! Hope the scammer is banned for life now :)

•••
Wow. Just read it start to end and it was a gripping 30-45mins.

A good guy, a bad guy, a happy ending and so much to be learned. Excellent Reality Infotainment at NP. Thanks to all for sharing their knowledge and experiences.

•••
Premium said:
Excellent news everybody!!!

I have provided enough evidence that Enom has pushed my domain back into my account. The domain is under my control, its locked, the whois is being updated to my information. Sean will not be able to touch this domain again.

As of now I will send the money back to Sean including the $2 extra (trust me I don't feel like he deserves it after what he did, however it's the right thing to do).

All I ask from Sean is an apology.

I would like to thank all of you at namepros, everybody who supported me and gave me hope! You all are very good detectives and I received tons of PM(s) with lots of advice and help, it was really great to see all of this, you all truly support your fellow members. Thanks -RJ- too.

Great news!! This goes to show all of us " a deal is a deal." You can't change your mind afterwards, because you were offered more money for your domain! The fact that you were $2 short should not even be a factor in this transaction. It's not like Smullen didn't know where you were at, and couldn't collect the $2.

However, at the same time, make sure you send the correct amount agreed to in the transaction! Look how much grief $2 cost you!! (I mean this in general, for every Namepros memeber)

Frank

•••
Yeah, I sent the full amount this time and hope its the last of it. No reply from Enom yet....

Also I don't know what my account is, I forget, how can I find out what it is? If I am a reseller or retail, should I transfer to another registrar? Or signup with enom direct and push tnq.com to that account?

I just want my domain in a safe place right now.

-Jarrod

•••
Premium said:
Yeah, I sent the full amount this time and hope its the last of it. No reply from Enom yet....

Also I don't know what my account is, I forget, how can I find out what it is? If I am a reseller or retail, should I transfer to another registrar? Or signup with enom direct and push tnq.com to that account?

I just want my domain in a safe place right now.

-Jarrod

Until you find out how he stole it from your eNom account, I would move transfer it to another registrar ASAP.

•••
I'm glad this all worked out. Congrats, Premium. You really had to work hard for that deal, didn't you? ;)

I said it before, I am nobody here (just look at my rep). But the fact that Smullen pushed the Domain in the first place says to me that he was OK with getting the extra $2.00 from Premium later.

The Indian Giver crap never flies well. A deal is a deal as it should be. Smullen could have always contacted Premium directly through email or PM. I bet he even had other contact info. Posting an arbitray thread that Premium may or may not find was simply laying ground work for excuses.

I always feel better when Intellectual Property is treated as such. We are all putting values on these Domains constantly, but the fact is that my TM names meant so much to me that I had absolutely no choice but to take control of them since the big registrars so obviously got too big and blatantly did not give a rat's *** about my precious, priceless (to me) business & brand Trademark names.

Now as a domain (and hosting and internet services, etc..) reseller I can finally sleep at night knowing that Net Sol doesn't have my names to blackmail and torment me with. (I mean that, literally)

Congrats! -Doug

•••
This is an amazing thread!

It worries me that some ENom accounts are insecure -- the upline can push your domains etc.

I'm a fan of Godaddy -- especially as by using their discount codes etc, you can register domains for $4-$5 per year. They also have 24 hour phone support -- so they are never closed.

•••
premium - if I were you I'd move to Moniker...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back