Dynadot

alert Help! My sme.com got stolen at Enom central

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

jcc

Established Member
Impact
My domain name SME.COM registered at enomcentral.com got stolen. The expiration date was 10/23/2017 and today I just checked and found that it has been stolen and moved to 1and1.

What should I do now? Please help ASAP. I have hundred of domain names with enom for over 10 years and never got stolen before.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The domain is locked which is a great first step. Continue to follow up with support at all registrars involved and the ICANN. Also again, hopefully others can learn from your mistake and enable 2FA on their domain accounts. I wrote a post on NP last year describing "How 2 Factor Authentication Saved My A$$" and prevented thieves from stealing NUP.com

Really wishing the best for you, and for other people following here, ENABLE 2FA :)

•••
I've been lazy and haven't turned on TFA.. after reading this though, I just went through and turned it on everywhere I have a domain..

Hope you get yours back.

•••
The thief somehow convinced enomcentral to change the email address of the registrant to his own. I don't know how he did it and why enomcentral allowed that to happen. And transferred the domain out without hacking my account.

•••
The same email is associated with liu.com that changed hands very recently. Liu is an extremely valuable Chinese name.

Previously controlled by [email protected]

•••
•••
•••
I don't see any movement.

•••
still waiting for them to resolve the issue.

•••
Just to keep this story alive.

June 23, 2017 6:00 am – No update on whois record as of this date. The domain name is not resolving, simply “The site can’t be reached”.

Domain Name: SME.COM
Registry Domain ID: 573710_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.name.com
Registrar URL: http://www.name.com
Updated Date: 2017-06-02T22:19:09Z
Creation Date: 1997-10-24T04:00:00Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2018-10-23T04:00:00Z
Registrar: Name.com, Inc.

https://que.com/beware-stolen-domain-sme-com/

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back