NameSilo

alert Help! My sme.com got stolen at Enom central

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

jcc

Established Member
Impact
My domain name SME.COM registered at enomcentral.com got stolen. The expiration date was 10/23/2017 and today I just checked and found that it has been stolen and moved to 1and1.

What should I do now? Please help ASAP. I have hundred of domain names with enom for over 10 years and never got stolen before.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
My opinion:
RIGHT DIRECT TO ICANN/OPEN A LETTER SECTION COMPLAIN
IT'S VERY EFFICIENT. THEY HAVE A SECTION FOR THIS KIND OF PROBLEMS, UNAUTHORIZED TRANSFER ETC..

I have reported the issue to ICANN's unautorhized transfer section. Thank you very much. Really appreciate your info.

•••
•••
I assume you were not using TFA?

•••
•••
Two Factor Authentication

(You log in, then have a second layer of security.)

•••
i'm trying to remember the name of the guy here who has tons of experience recovering stolen stuff.. someone will surely rememnber and tag him

The man, or legend, you speak of is @TheLegendaryJP

•••
I'm looking into it as well, though no way as skilled or experienced as the legend.

How long have you owned the domain for?

At first glance I noticed something odd - the nameservers has been set to 1AND1 for years... (maybe there's a valid explanation)

Sometime between 12/2012 and 04/2013 - the nameservers were changed from NS1.SedoParking to NS51.1and1.com.

SME.com is currently registered with Name.com (maybe a reseller affiliate - but for sure through them)

I assume the transfer occurred on the last update date: 28 May 2017

The current registered owner of SME is: Tien Chen

Tien Chen is/was affiliated with one other domain: UPTW.com

UPTW.com is currently registered under privacy, however, I have the previous Taiwan address Tien used for WHOIS registration change. PM me if you think this will help, and I'll send it to you.

Last edited:
•••
I'm looking into it as well, though no way as skilled or experienced as the legend.

How long have you owned the domain for?

At first glance I noticed something odd - the nameservers has been set to 1AND1 for years... (maybe there's a valid explanation)

Sometime between 12/2012 and 04/2013 - the nameservers were changed from NS1.SedoParking to NS51.1and1.com.

SME.com is currently registered with Name.com (maybe a reseller affiliate - but for sure through them)

I assume the transfer occurred on the last update date: 28 May 2017

The current registered owner of SME is: Tien Chen

Tien Chen is/was affiliated with one other domain: UPTW.com

UPTW.com is currently registered under privacy, however, I have the previous Taiwan address Tien used for WHOIS registration change. PM me if you think this will help, and I'll send it to you.

I owned the domain name for over 10 years. I might have set the DNS to 1and1 long time ago. I'm not sure. I haven't been using it for a while. I'll contact you.

•••
Follow up on the form eNom asked you to fill out. They will initiate a request for reversal, once you provide them with the necessary information. Also contact Name.com, the current registrar, so that they freeze the domain before it gets transferred out to some damn Chinese registrar.

•••
Follow up on the form eNom asked you to fill out. They will initiate a request for reversal, once you provide them with the necessary information. Also contact Name.com, the current registrar, so that they freeze the domain before it gets transferred out to some damn Chinese registrar.

Yes, I did. eNom replied that they're investigating.

•••

Neither of these two actions helped me with a stolen domain at eNom > GoDaddy. GoDaddy wouldn't accept my communication as valid. They wanted to receive communication from eNom directly. But they refused. By 3 directors, who got involved. They even broke their own ToS to refund me my purchase price, on their auctions. They claimed a loophole was actually a feature. However, they closed the loophole subsequently..

Last edited:
•••
Update: Name.com locked the domain name for investigation.

•••
Thanks. This shouldn't happen. Anyone else has the same issue with enom?
I've been with Enom since 2000, no single issue of stolen domain name. Did you activated the two-factor authentication?

If you don't use this extra security, whether Enom, GoDaddy or other registrar will be the same result.
Good luck with your domain names and I hope you get it soon.

•••
eNom has had a known security issue with the enomcentral portal. Someone still takes advantage of that or a similar flaw.

•••

good for you
I always found name.com support to be very good.
unlike you know who.

•••

Excellent!

Current whois.
Name: tien chen
Street: beijingshichaoyangqu
City: beijing
State: beijing
Postal Code: 100000
Phone: +86.13800138000
Email:
f16da5a812b58d0413b438a3bfec255b8b5e127f.png
@gmail.com

•••
@jcc

I'm rooting for you, it's a travesty this can even happen.
Thank goodness you were on the ball and spotted it as quickly as you did.

I'm pretty sure I'm not alone and you have the whole community rooting for you (y)

•••
Ive added the extra layer of security where most of my domains reside!

•••
•••
•••
That's too bad.
I only use enom and godaddy, both with 2FA.

•••
i hope you get it back bro.

•••
Good advice, these days the registrars are getting better at dealing with this situation

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back