IT.COM

discuss Starter Marketing new gtlds

Spaceship
Watch

Future Marketing New Gtlds

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Excellent

• Good

• Average

• Bad

• Very bad

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.

SYAS

Established Member
Impact
hello
before read more about my idea i sorry because my English is Weak
However, I Trying to tell you about my idea
look right now beginning of 2015 and new gtlds Getting powers what powers ? good question

This is a list of all applicants who applied for the run of new gTLDs (Generic Top Level Domains). At the end of may 2012 ICANN received 1930 applications from different Companies. Since then there were 19 withdrawals, so the current number of applications is 1911. It doesn't mean that there are 1911 new domains, as there are multiple applications for the same domains. The total number of New gtlds at this moment is 1400. You can see here the applicants and the number of domains they applied .

(304 Domains) Donuts
(101 Domains) Google
(76 Domains) Amazon
(70 Domains) Top Level Domain Holdings
(61 Domains) Famous Four Media
(54 Domains) Uniregistry
(41 Domains) Afilias
(31 Domains) RADIX
(26 Domains) United TLD
(14 Domains) L'Oréal
(14 Domains) Richemont DNS
(14 Domains) VeriSign
(13 Domains) Dish
(13 Domains) Lifestyle Domain Holdings
(13 Domains) STRAAT
(11 Domains) Microsoft
(10 Domains) GMO Registry
(10 Domains) Johnson & Johnson
(10 Domains) Top Level Design

read more : https://domaintyper.com/new-gTLD/List-of-Applicants

you can see in above list Google , microsoft , amazon largest technology companies plus other power companies working in the field domain All of these companies big investment in new gtlds As you know, Google has launched the sale of domain also other big companies will soon enter to this .

dot-com investors Whether Like it or not Falling timer start Tic Tac Tic Tac

now we have Unnecessary opposition against buy new gtlds cause we think this a Big Risk yes you right But why not Trying to sell it to friends and others people Especially webmasters with Small profits but At large numbers if we start today can got earn more money in future only think about 1,213,840,902 Total number of Websites right now you can check it this site : www.internetlivestats.com/total-number-of-websites/
if we working on mind owners of this websites for got Similar Name new gtlds with Advertising and Creating useful content about Soon around the world will promoted use new gtlds and make it into a rating , Prestige , mod , oh find very good words about this A feature sorry for my english webmaster can use new gtlds for subdomain and Categories
example :
think a power website over 10 years age have 3 Categories without main page ( news , forum , shop ) can use older domain for main page and for each Categories use a new gtlds domain
xxx.news xxx.forum xxx.shop

i test this for a website i find a very good website in dot com with search goole in asia about photography and search name this website for this domain .photography .pics .photo .photos

xxxxxx.photography Available
xxxxxx.pics Available
xxxxxx.photo Available
xxxxxx.photos Available

all Available ok after tell to webmaster about this domains by sent email about Definition and say why new gtlds him taken this domains so easy

We just need to break the taboo dot com and Show features new gtlds
And telling difficulties for find new domain in dot com to Newcomers

ok after The preface back to my idea about Starter Marketing new gtlds

Write a Marketing Plan
Build a website To organize business base
Create a strong team around the world
Find investor
Taking reseller account
more ........

Who wants to join me At this way?
please talk this tread and sent pm to me about my idea and Suggest your ideas for advancing this Business

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The only reason why the domain industry exists is because people and businesses have to have their name on what is considered the standard, the premium choice, the top extension. Then you only have a handful of relevant/desirable extensions after that. What people are willing to "settle for"

If in the future, gTLDs become the mainstream standard and the norm, that nearly every commercial on TV ends with a different .whatever, and every website in the search engine ends with a different .whatever....

Selling undeveloped domains would be dead. It would not make sense to invest in a domain name if there are literally thousands of extensions to choose from and they are all equally the same. If there is no First Choice, like there is now, then there is no tier of what's premium - then what is there to invest in?

So if you're speculating that the entire internet is going to change and gTLDs are going to be the standard.... then any investments on you make will be worthless or worth little, because your Keyword.whatever domain is only 1 of thousands of the same Keyword.whatever domains and it's going to be a slash-price market in order to get a sale. The same prices you're paying to register or buy them now, will be the same prices 15 years from now, except for a tiny handful of fluke sales.

And that's my speculation.

Last edited:
•••
The only reason why the domain industry exists is because people and businesses have to have their name on what is considered the standard, the premium choice, the top extension. Then you only have a handful of relevant/desirable extensions after that. What people are willing to "settle for"

If in the future, gTLDs become the mainstream standard and the norm, that nearly every commercial on TV ends with a different .whatever, and every website in the search engine ends with a different .whatever....

Selling undeveloped domains would be dead. It would not make sense to invest in a domain name if there are literally thousands of extensions to choose from and they are all equally the same. If there is no First Choice, like there is now, then there is no tier of what's premium - then what is there to invest in?

So if you're speculating that the entire internet is going to change and gTLDs are going to be the standard.... then any investments on you make will be worthless or worth little, because your Keyword.whatever domain is only 1 of thousands of the same Keyword.whatever domains and it's going to be a slash-price market in order to get a sale. The same prices you're paying to register or buy them now, will be the same prices 15 years from now, except for a tiny handful of fluke sales.

And that's my speculation.

please watching this video :

also i before you tell i not want hold domain And just looking for ways to earn and income in new gtlds in future more people come to internet and will make a website all people need good domain we can earn more money with Great Idea please talk about what idea can Change everything ?

i think a idea same Marketing Plan We do not live forever better try for earn money Instead negativism

sorry my english not good I do not know you understand me or not but i try for make why for sell more domains new gtlds and earn money

•••
And to answer your question, the only way would be development if the internet changes, there will always be a market for established websites but not for domains.

Last edited:
•••
1) If I can't buy a .com or .net./.org/hyphenated .com I go with nTLD.
2) If I can't buy "premium" nTLD domain I go with .com/.net/.org/ or hyphenated .com.
=]

•••
1) If I can't buy a .com or .net./.org/hyphenated .com I go with nTLD.
2) If I can't buy "premium" nTLD domain I go with .com/.net/.org/ or hyphenated .com.
=]

i just Focusing option 1) If I can't buy a .com or .net./.org/hyphenated .com I go with nTLD. we must try to find a way for sell more new gtlds and earn money with Small profits but a large numbers please tell me about what way ?

•••
If there is no First Choice, like there is now, then there is no tier of what's premium - then what is there to invest in?

Doesn't it make more sense that instead of every new gTLD becoming equal, that some become more premium than others?
Most of these extensions are never going to get off the ground, just like some extensions that have been around for decades have never gotten off the ground. But some will take off.

The moment a big company throws an ad up featuring a .(insert gTLD here) that tld is going to experience success.

TLDs are interesting because they haven't been actively branded. The exceptions are of course .com, .co, and .club. These all happen to be tlds with some success (interesting...). .co and .club were purposeful campaigns to brand their identity. .com was branded during the 90's via word of mouth and the infamous frenzy around the dot com bubble.

None of these new gtlds aside from .club have really put in a lot of effort branding their product.

Speculating on new gTLDs imo should take the branding efforts of the organization behind the tld into consideration. Even if the gTLD is garbage, a solid campaign to brand it will produce results. Marketing is everything.

The top notch premium new gTLD will have a both heavy marketing as well as a name that makes sense and that can be easily branded.

The avg domain user wont realize this, and may be enticed into buying a domain with a .whatever extension, but there is probably better money trying to identify the new gTLDs that will stick. In one manner or another, they are going to need the support of a huge company.

•••
•••
The moment a big company throws an ad up featuring a .(insert gTLD here) that tld is going to experience success.
And what's holding them up then ? :)
Oh you mean success like O.co perhaps ? :)
No, one big company is not enough. There has to be critical mass, otherwise people will not pay attention.

Consumers already know that there are many TLDs other than .com, but they don't know all of them. They could just quote a few.
Example: Egypt.travel has been advertised prominently, for years. Doesn't mean I would want one. Even if I were a travel agent.

Since the new extensions were released. .com has grown as much as all those TLDs combined, yet some of them are downright cheating and stuffing their zones.

Conclusion: if you want to make sales, you must have a product that consumers actually want. You will struggle to sell things nobody wants.

•••
And what's holding them up then ? :)
Oh you mean success like O.co perhaps ? :)
No, one big company is not enough. There has to be critical mass, otherwise people will not pay attention.

Consumers already know that there are many TLDs other than .com, but they don't know all of them. They could just quote a few.
Example: Egypt.travel has been advertised prominently, for years. Doesn't mean I would want one. Even if I were a travel agent.

Since the new extensions were released. .com has grown as much as all those TLDs combined, yet some of them are downright cheating and stuffing their zones.

Conclusion: if you want to make sales, you must have a product that consumers actually want. You will struggle to sell things nobody wants.

i will use you example eqypt.travel for tell you all my idea : in the world more company work only about travel over 100000 Companies all need this domains see i search 4 top company .travel all Taken

priceline.travel Taken
carnival.travel Taken
marriott.travel Taken
delta.travel Taken

but this is top company more companies left and also this domain have more fans for name country and name city and other see now tehran.travel Available Tehran bigest city of iran have over Fourteen million population i know this domain have more fan in future
One of my ideas for profit at ,travel domain

step 1 ) make a list of all country name and city name and next taken all
step 2 ) make a list of all Companies of that country and city email
step 3 ) next sent email about offer very good domain for your job by good Content ( videos , pdf, link news and more ideas ) about new gtlds soon change world online website

what you think about my idea ? my idea better or wait for a costumer like your large domains ( likeyourdomains.com) ? we need Mobility and effort for sale more new gtlds we can earn money please Believe me i dnot have invest for this idea but try to find more partners for share profit

•••
i will use you example eqypt.travel for tell you all my idea : in the world more company work only about travel over 100000 Companies all need this domains see i search 4 top company .travel all Taken

priceline.travel Taken
carnival.travel Taken
marriott.travel Taken
delta.travel Taken

but this is top company more companies left and also this domain have more fans for name country and name city and other see now tehran.travel Available Tehran bigest city of iran have over Fourteen million population i know this domain have more fan in future
One of my ideas for profit at ,travel domain

step 1 ) make a list of all country name and city name and next taken all
step 2 ) make a list of all Companies of that country and city email
step 3 ) next sent email about offer very good domain for your job by good Content ( videos , pdf, link news and more ideas ) about new gtlds soon change world online website

what you think about my idea ? my idea better or wait for a costumer like your large domains ( likeyourdomains.com) ? we need Mobility and effort for sale more new gtlds we can earn money please Believe me i dnot have invest for this idea but try to find more partners for share profit

sorry i not know about travel.travel have Strict rules you can think about other new gtlds

•••
Marketing is about the budgets. With so many people and companies behind new TLDs there will be plenty of the effort and it will only get better, despite all the hiccups along the path.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back