IT.COM

question New gtlds this month

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Afaque khan

Established Member
Impact
Hi,I am interested to know what are the new gtlds opening for registrations this month of february.

I tried to do search on ICANN website but i am confused as I am new to domaining.

Can somebody tell what are the new gtlds this month ?

And do domainers get excited when the date of opening registrations of new gtlds,get close?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
My advice would be to rather focus on strong extensions, there is always hype on these new extensions but that enthusiasm disappears pretty quickly when people realise end-users arent buying them.

Don't fall for the new gtld hype like a lot of new domainers do.

•••
•••
I ont understand what is start date, sunrise ,and BRAND tld ....Is it reserved only for specific brands?...ICANN is confusing.

•••
A BRAND ltd, as I understand it, is not open to general availability but is for use by a specific corporation or organization only. If you go to the nTLD list it shows whether any particular TLD is general availability or not.

https://ntldstats.com/

Go down the right hand column and clic on Show More (after the top 30 are listed). That will take you to the current complete new gTLD list. If a TLD has a black icon it is NOT general availability, green is general availability. If you go to ICANN link it will show things like the various dates including general availability.

To answer your initial question, my understanding is the next new gTLDs are not coming out until about 2020 but I might be wrong.

•••
wish they would hurry up and release .web

that seems to be one of the few generic nGTLDs that people actually are waiting for

•••
I ont understand what is start date, sunrise ,and BRAND tld ....Is it reserved only for specific brands?...ICANN is confusing.
SUNRISE period is for TM-holders only.

LANDRUSH is for all... but price during this period is a few times higher vs GA (General Availability) period.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back