Dynadot

stargate.com = Crooks (I think)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi,
I'm trying to transfer some dn I have with stargate to my enom account. However, the transfers are declined every time reason: "no answer to email requests".
This is BS, I never received any email from stargate concerning the transfers. I get the emails for renewal, etc. but not for the transfers because they are not sending any.
How can I force them to do the transfer?
Thanks
Mike

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Have you tried contacting them and getting a response from Stargate.com or try to phone them. Maybe you can get a better response as to why there is a problem.

•••
I would definitely try that too.

•••
It might be on Stargates side it usually depends what may be going on. So trying doing what I recommended above and it might help. :)

•••
Originally posted by DomMike
Hi,
I'm trying to transfer some dn I have with stargate to my enom account. However, the transfers are declined every time reason: "no answer to email requests".
This is BS, I never received any email from stargate concerning the transfers. I get the emails for renewal, etc. but not for the transfers because they are not sending any.
How can I force them to do the transfer?
Thanks
Mike

I think you have something crossed here. eNom will email the admin contact for verification then email Stargate for permission, in turn stargate may email you for verification. If stargate does not respond within 5-7 days, the registry usually releases the domain to the winning registrar. Reasons for failed transfers may be because stargate rejected it or the domain was transferred or renewed less then 60 days (for .com or .net) If what I am understanding is that you are saying that eNom is sending you the verification confirmation and stargate is not and saying you did not respond to their email, thus rejecting the transfer, then yes they are crooks.

P.S. Why choose Stargate! ?

•••
Well, I've used Stargate in the past (my first registrat, aww) and I had no problem transferring away from them. Try customer service! :)

•••
Yup, I'd have to go with Anthony on that one if you want to go the easy way into finding the problem. :)

•••
I just purchased a name that was with Stargate. The thing that amazed me the most is that they charge a one time fee for Domain Locking. I emailed them asking if it was true and mentioned that no other registrar I deal with charges for this protection service, their reply :

"Yes, it is true, we do charge a fee for domain lock. We charge a one time fee of $3.95. It is not a yearly fee or anything recurring. You can lock and unlock as many times as you like. I realize that there other registrar's do not charge for this service. Please let me know if you have any other questions."

I will certainly be getting my name out of there fast... they know the other registrars dont charge yet they continue to do so, no wonder they arnt well liked nor used.

Mike

•••
Hmm quite interesting, charging for locking/unlocking domains.

•••
Tippy: Thanks for sharing.

ST

•••
Thank all for your replies,
Basically, enom contacts stargate about the transfer, then stargate is supposed to contact the owner (me) and if I agree to the transfer email, then they transfer the dn to enom. But my impression is that they are not sending me that email asking if I agree to the transfer.
I'll contact them and will let you know.

My first registrar was stargate :'( I didn't know better. That's why I want to transfer all my dn to enom.

Mike

•••
Originally posted by DomMike
Thank all for your replies,
Basically, enom contacts stargate about the transfer, then stargate is supposed to contact the owner (me) and if I agree to the transfer email, then they transfer the dn to enom. But my impression is that they are not sending me that email asking if I agree to the transfer.
I'll contact them and will let you know.

My first registrar was stargate :'( I didn't know better. That's why I want to transfer all my dn to enom.

Mike

enom is a good choice :) I almost transferred my portfolio to onlinenic but when it took them 7 days just to open my account I had to stick with enom. The customer service is outstanding and not to mention the $6.95 price is pretty decent :) I have never had any problems with enom AT ALL and I highly recommend them.

•••
Well, I still don't see what the problem with Stargate is... they just don't charge the best prices.

•••
What has shocked me is the time it takes Stargate to update the WHOIS. I have had multiple instances where it has taken them an inordinate length of time. The latest is 5 days and still counting!!!!

LBM

•••
Originally posted by littlebigman
What has shocked me is the time it takes Stargate to update the WHOIS. I have had multiple instances where it has taken them an inordinate length of time. The latest is 5 days and still counting!!!!

LBM

Yikes! 5 days? That is pretty bad. :|

•••
Well, I still don't see what the problem with Stargate is... they just don't charge the best prices.

They also charge for things which should be a given.

It would be like going to Mc Donalds and having to pay extra for sugar for your coffee when Burger King, Harveys, Wendys etc... lets you have it for free.

Mike

•••
I once had a domain with stargate and it disappeared

•••
I had a couple of names registered with them a while ago. Once they started changing their pricing I left

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back