IT.COM

showcase Stablecoin Domains - Showcase and Discuss

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Woke Monkey

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
In the middle of all this carnage there’s one industry that’s booming right now.

Stablecoins

Under the radar, stablecoins have experienced hypergrowth over the past few years. Coinbase reports that the total stablecoin market capitalisation has risen to an all-time-high of over $9 billion.

Ethereum-based stablecoins market capitalisation nearly doubled year-to-date to $6.25 Billion.

On top of this, one of the most hyped stablecoin projects, Libra just announced a United States Dollar backed Stablecoin and seems to be moving forward with its updated whitepaper v2. If Libra succeeds, stablecoins backed by several fiat currencies will be released to circulation with potentially immediate mass global adoption.

Has anyone secured any domains in this niche?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
What Is Good Money?

The future for the landscape of stablecoins is an exciting one, and the race for “stable supremacy” has only just begun. The future seems to point towards a winner backed by a variety of on- and off-chain assets, and indeed may be the mechanism through which DeFi will “eat” traditional finance. There are now a number of projects in the space that are working individually or collectively towards this pure money goal, and there are too many to list them all - Konkrete, Realt.co, Maker, UMA and OpenDAO all seem to be integral layers of the 4D puzzle. Accordingly, there is a very high likelihood that the digital asset space “at large” will be graced with a superior stablecoin in 2021 as the market continues to bullishly expand and the need for something more whole becomes undeniable.

https://dailyhodl.com/2020/12/20/what-is-good-money/

Last edited:
•••
Reg

StebleCoin.com
StebleCoins.com

steblecoin.jpg
steblecoins.jpg

•••
•••
•••
Up another 1B
$27,038,617,023
Market Capitalization
$55,531,784,115
Trading Volume

After 5 days.Up another 1B and look at the daily trading volume.
$28,046,805,179
Market Capitalization
$71,569,569,737
Trading Volume

Last edited:
•••
More major US government action on Stablecoins, this time from the White House!

This paves the way for stablecoins to become a major part of the payments and settlement infrastructure of the financial system.

https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/sm1223

Merry Christmas My Fellow Stablecoin Domainers!!

Last edited:
•••
•••
The largest regulator of US national Banks seems to agree

Acting Comptroller of the Currency Praises President’s Working Group Statement on Cryptocurrency

Today’s statement by the President’s Working Group on stablecoins clarifies expectations for the retail payment application of stablecoins, helping to pave the way for greater innovation and more efficiencies that contribute to economic opportunity.

https://www.occ.treas.gov/news-issuances/news-releases/2020/nr-occ-2020-177.html

•••
•••
•••
A client recently sent me about five thousand in USDT (tether).

So, what may I do with this? It has been sitting in my primary blockchain wallet with all of my bitcoins that are in that wallet. Am I able to convert it to BTC within my blockchain wallet or I must sell it first?

4o1QqJHm.jpg

One downside is that I would have to then verify my identity which that is an old time overseas blockchain wallet where such verification has not been required. In my smaller, Coinbase, wallet I did have to verify everything a while back, but Coinbase doesn't even accept USDT.

I am not so interested in holding tether - only real crypto, like bitcoin.

Last edited:
•••

So, what may I do with this? It has been sitting in my primary blockchain wallet with all of my bitcoins that are in that wallet. Am I able to convert it to BTC within my blockchain wallet or I must sell it first?

4o1QqJHm.jpg

One downside is that I would have to then verify my identity which that is an old time overseas blockchain wallet where such verification has not been required. In my smaller, Coinbase, wallet I did have to verify everything a while back, but Coinbase doesn't even accept USDT.

I am not so interested in holding tether - only real crypto, like bitcoin.

Etherdelta, you should be able to convert your USDT to ETH. Then you can transfer the ETH to your Coinbase account and exchange for BTC.

It’s been a while since I’ve used it. You might even be able to convert straight to BTC.

Alternatively you can search for Decentralized exchanges.

Last edited:
•••
If you’d bought and held stable coins at any point you’d be guaranteed a loss against ongoing inflation since its price is at best stagnant. Stable coins is like money in the mattress - even money in the bank at least earns a tiny bit of interest - not enough to overcome inflation, but better than nothing.

On the other hand with Bitcoin currently at record levels you’d be hard pressed to find a losing Bitcoin hodler.

Comparing Stablecoins to mattress money reveals that you apparently don't understand why DeFi is exploding. And it almost sounds like you don't even understand what DeFi is actually. Stablecoins are the critical/core element of DeFi. All the info you need is abundant and freely available...

•••
•••
•••
The lack of engagement in this Namepros thread speaks volumes.

One could say it’s enlightening even.

•••
•••

So, what may I do with this?
Decided to just keep it, as tether. I already have a ton of bitcoin, and now that is earning 4.4%.

The 12% interest I am now earning on the little bit of stablecoins (tether) I am holding on to, yes, that allows it to beat inflation. But otherwise, five grand put in today, to pull out the same five grand tomorrow - does not beat inflation.

Last edited:
•••
Decided to just keep it, as tether. I already have a ton of bitcoin, and now that is earning 4.4%.

The 12% interest I am now earning on the little bit of stablecoins (tether) I am holding on to, yes, that allows it to beat inflation. But otherwise, five grand put in today, to pull out the same five grand tomorrow - does not beat inflation.

Why are you worried about inflation if you are earning interest? It's better than earning interest on BTC when it's crashing. The point of stablecoins is that they are reliable ("STABLE"). Comparing them to BTC is misguided attempt to understand what they are useful for.

Last edited:
•••
I am no longer "worried" BECAUSE I am now earning interest. But not everyone has that luxury, there are some requirements in order to earn interest on any crypto account. As well, interest bearing crypto accounts are a relatively new phenomena. Otherwise though, for example, if I had acquired stable coins only over the past ten years, versus bitcoin, I'd be in abysmal shape compared to where I am by hodling btc.

Luckily, I acquired only five grand in stable coins. The vast majority of my crypto is BTC only, accumulated and hodled over the past ten years. I recommend BTC only!

Last edited:
•••
I am no longer "worried" BECAUSE I am now earning interest. But not everyone has that luxury, there are some requirements in order to earn interest on any crypto account. As well, interest bearing crypto accounts are a relatively new phenomena. Otherwise though, for example, if I had acquired stable coins only over the past ten years, versus bitcoin, I'd be in abysmal shape compared to where I am by hodling btc.

Luckily, I acquired only five grand in stable coins. The vast majority of my crypto is BTC only, accumulated and hodled over the past ten years. I recommend BTC only!

There were no stablecoins 10 years ago lol... Stablecoins are only popular today because of yields. Some people are making up to 60% on stablecoins. You are missing the point by comparing stablecoins to BTC or suggesting to hold either over the other. That's a very narrow view on crypto investing.

•••
•••
Ten years from now that 5K of stable coins I decided to keep will be worth still only 5K! And 5K of USD won't buy much in ten years compared to what it will buy today. That's inflation.

I can't see anyone giving more than 12% interest on stablecoins. Why would they?

Anyway, the only reason I have any stable coins at all is that I will accept payment in crypto from any client, whenever he wishes to give it to me. And I will hodl. (BTC preferred of course, but if the client wants to pay in some other form, I accept.)

Last edited:
•••
Ten years from now that 5K of stable coins I decided to keep will be worth still only 5K! And 5K of USD won't buy much in ten years compared to what it will buy today. That's inflation.

I can't see anyone giving more than 12% interest on stablecoins. Why would they?

Anyway, the only reason I have any stable coins at all is that I will accept payment in crypto from any client, whenever he wishes to give it to me. And I will hodl. (BTC preferred of course, but if the client wants to pay in some other form, I accept.)

And bitcoin could be worth pennies in 10 years. The truth of the matter is that you are pretending to know for sure that btc will increase in value perpetually but that is only a bet.

Yes, you can earn 60%. Just use Google?

You are again missing the point by comparing btc to stablecoins. I'm done trying to help you get it because you are narrow visioned set on the btc gospel, which may or may not be true, but unrelated nevertheless.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back