IT.COM

showcase Stablecoin Domains - Showcase and Discuss

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Woke Monkey

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
In the middle of all this carnage there’s one industry that’s booming right now.

Stablecoins

Under the radar, stablecoins have experienced hypergrowth over the past few years. Coinbase reports that the total stablecoin market capitalisation has risen to an all-time-high of over $9 billion.

Ethereum-based stablecoins market capitalisation nearly doubled year-to-date to $6.25 Billion.

On top of this, one of the most hyped stablecoin projects, Libra just announced a United States Dollar backed Stablecoin and seems to be moving forward with its updated whitepaper v2. If Libra succeeds, stablecoins backed by several fiat currencies will be released to circulation with potentially immediate mass global adoption.

Has anyone secured any domains in this niche?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Bitcoin might decrease in value. Stable coins are guaranteed to decrease in value. This simple point you cannot seem to grasp.

I’m talking about tether (usdt) which is what my client sent to me.

Saying, “Well I may earn interest on the asset,” or the like, is irrelevant to the intrinsic and absolute decrease in buying power of anything that remains fixed at a dollar each.

Last edited:
•••
Bitcoin might decrease in value. Stable coins are guaranteed to decrease in value. This simple point you cannot seem to grasp.

I’m talking about tether (usdt) which is what my client sent to me.

Saying, “Well I may earn interest on the asset,” or the like, is irrelevant to the intrinsic and absolute decrease in buying power of anything that remains fixed at a dollar each.

The stablecoins you invest are guaranteed to gain, btc is a dangerous gamble regardless. Stablecoins are not meant to increase in value, why are you stuck on the fact that they do not? Their purpose is stability so that they can be invested similarly as fiat. Btc could crash back down to 3k next year. Thst is very realistic, dangerous loss in value that could put gamblers on the street. You can't build a financial system on such a coin and everyone knows this, so it's success will be limited, regardless of what the holy btc gospel wants you to believe. The coin is doomed to make way for functional, digital currencies like stablecoins. Keep on talking about inflation while people are earning *guaranteed* gains, not wishful thinking and gambling. If you can't grasp why comparing BTC to stablecoins makes no sense then you don't get the main reason why DeFi has exploded and why it will continue to take over the world monetary system, independent of the gambling going on in the first generation crypto coins.

•••
The stablecoins you invest are guaranteed to gain, btc is a dangerous gamble regardless. Stablecoins are not meant to increase in value, why are you stuck on the fact that they do not? Their purpose is stability so that they can be invested similarly as fiat. Btc could crash back down to 3k next year. Thst is very realistic, dangerous loss in value that could put gamblers on the street. You can't build a financial system on such a coin and everyone knows this, so it's success will be limited, regardless of what the holy btc gospel wants you to believe. The coin is doomed to make way for functional, digital currencies like stablecoins. Keep on talking about inflation while people are earning *guaranteed* gains, not wishful thinking and gambling. If you can't grasp why comparing BTC to stablecoins makes no sense then you don't get the main reason why DeFi has exploded and why it will continue to take over the world monetary system, independent of the gambling going on in the first generation crypto coins.

In fact, if you invest in stablecoins correctly, you could probably make just as much or more than increased value in BTC in "10 years" if you have a long game plan... *guaranteed* vs uncertain BTC gains.

•••
Well we can’t get past square one here. You can’t understand why a static asset is a losing proposition in and of itself? Guaranteed ... to lose intrinsic value. But you’re free to keep writing about why you’re in the wrong because the more you write, probably without even realizing it, the more you make my case.

Last edited:
•••
Well we can’t get past square one here. You can’t understand why a static asset is a losing proposition in and of itself? But you’re free to keep writing about why you’re in the wrong because the more you write, probably without even realizing it, the more you make my case.

You keep repeating your self as if I'm disagreeing about inflation lol... My point is not rocket science, but it's beyond your willingness to even try to understand.

I agree that there is no sense in continuing.

•••
@NameFu @xynames

I wish people would stop comparing stablecoins with Bitcoin. They each serve two equally important purposes (transacting & saving). They complete each other, they don’t compete with one another. (Quote, David Marcus)

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
@NameFu @xynames

I wish people would stop comparing stablecoins with Bitcoin. They each serve two equally important purposes (transacting & saving). They complete each other, they don’t compete with one another. (Quote, David Marcus)

Why are you tagging me? I've been saying this whole time that comparing them is misguided. Of course they both play a role in DeFi. BTC is a commodity like gold that can be even used as collateral. We have wrapped WBTC now which is increasingly being used. There is in no way a "either or" comparison.

Last edited:
•••
$29,058,106,098
Market Capitalization
$54,210,019,119
Trading Volume

•••
Just been offered a tidy sum for my domain under a non disclosure agreement.

No counter offer.

It’s not for sale!

•••
$29,058,106,098
Market Capitalization
$54,210,019,119
Trading Volume
$30,353,964,091
Market Capitalization
$51,016,167,076
Trading Volume

Last edited:
•••
$30,353,964,091
Market Capitalization
$51,016,167,076
Trading Volume

Damn!

I called 30 Billion before the end of 2020.

what’s a few hours ey? :xf.grin::xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
Who is afraid of global stablecoins?

•••
I don’t know what happened overnight but I’ve had 5 companies contact me with an interest to buy my Domain.

•••
•••
•••
The announcement is coming!

•••
So crazy ! look at the trading volume....
$30,514,112,624
Market Capitalization
$118,593,538,312
Trading Volume

Last edited:
•••
So crazy, look at the trading volume....
$30,514,112,624
Market Capitalization
$118,593,538,312
Trading Volume

This is a drop in the ocean.

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
This is a HUGE way to start 2021, the year that crypto and stablecoins go mass market!

•••
The new interpretive letter establishes that banks can treat public chains as infrastructure similar to SWIFT, ACH and FedWire, and stablecoins like USDC as electronic stored value.

Decentralized, permissionless, open source and internet mediated software is literally becoming the foundation for not just the US financial system but for the global economy.

•••
This is a huge win for crypto and stablecoins!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back