Domain Empire

.app Sold "Tutorial.app" for 5000€

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

vaydesign

Established Member
Impact
Hello.

I have just sold the domain "Tutorial.app" for 5000€ on Sedo. With all the Sedo fees I'm getting only something like 4000€. Do you think that this is still a good deal or should I have waited longer and keep this domain for something like 10.000€?

Also, I have sold "ebanking.app" for just 200€. Do you think that was worth it?

Kind regards,
VayDesign

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Whoever bought this didn't do their homework as the domain comes with a $1000 annual renewal.

I think your extremely lucky to sell it rather than pay another $1000 renewal.

•••
Congrats, I think both were good sales.

•••
Without knowing what you paid hard to say :)

•••
•••
...or should I have waited longer and keep this domain for something like 10.000€...

You could have done even a basic development (perhaps a blog) and instead of waiting, actually earned a much higher price. As a name only YES!... Congrats.

Yes, maybe. But I think it isn't worth the risk, because we have to pay those high 1.000€ renewal fee soon. We also have several other premium domains like Tips.app or Teen.app and spent 13.000€ in total for over 130+ .app domains.
We want to reach that investment value first.

BTW, we have just sold currencies.app for 500€ now. I wasn't sure to open a new thread for this or just mention it here.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Without knowing what you paid hard to say :)

I've paid 59€ for ebanking.app and 1000€ for tutorial.app on united domains. So I don't know about the exact renewal fee on other providers like GoDaddy in USD currency.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Whoever bought this didn't do their homework as the domain comes with a $1000 annual renewal.

I think your extremely lucky to sell it rather than pay another $1000 renewal.

Most of "premium" .app domains come with high renewal cost. $1000/year is pretty common for .app.

•••
Congratulation.. It is a great sale...

•••
It's a good deal. Nice ROI. Congrats!

•••
These sales will gradually kill new gTLD's. Once people catch on that they aren't just paying $6,000 for the acquisition, but an additional $1,200 annually it'll leave a very bad taste for end-users and they'll just go back to .COM.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Congratulations !
Good sale for Tutorial (regarding its renewal fees), I don't know for ebanking :) perhaps you should be more "ambitious" in your next negotiations :)
Good luck!

•••
Very nice sale! Congrats! :)

•••
•••
•••
Fantastic sale on a very nice domain name. If it were on NameBio would be fourth or fifth highest .app sale depending on currency conversion. I think the price is about right.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back