IT.COM

new gtlds Sold a Couple gTLDs (One for $15k)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
This is an excerpt from an article on TLD.org:

So what did I sell? I sold a.plus for a very small return, paid around $1,100 and sold it for $1,500. I had a deal in place with the company that I knew would be the best fit for the domain (I bought this domain specifically to market it to one company) and the CEO backed out of the deal at the last minute. After that happened I was much less optimistic on the domain and sold it when a profitable offer came in.

The second domain which I just sold this past week through Sedo was Reputation.Management. I picked this up in the “early access” program where I paid on Day 2 for a little over $3,000. Sold it for $15,000 so after commission it was a little under $10,000 profit. Not too bad. This was my most expense gTLD purchase so it always feel good when the biggest shot you take on something turns out well.

Source

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Great to hear! Reputation.Management was a good one :)

•••
Nice sale on Reputation.Management.

That is a good example of a new extension that makes sense - a strong two word term separated by a dot.

Brad

•••
•••
Good name in a healthy sector that is growing online, makes sense for all parties. The premium of $80 makes the sale possible, a premium of $500-$1000 per year might kill a deal all together.

•••
Now those are the names a person investing in Gtlds should refer.

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Reputation.Mangement had a $75 annual renewal, that is a huge industry, just google the term. Honestly I would have just put a $100K BIN on it, and renewed it 10 years, and just left it at that fixed price until someone paid for it, otherwise you would be invested about $4k after 10 years.

•••
Reputation.Mangement had a $75 annual renewal, that is a huge industry, just google the term. Honestly I would have just put a $100K BIN on it, and renewed it 10 years, and just left it at that fixed price until someone paid for it, otherwise you would be invested about $4k after 10 years.
15k now is better than 100k in "don't know when" or even 10 years.

I can convert that 15k to 100k by investing in diversified portfolio rather than sticking with a gtld that might not even be there in 10 years.

Just my 2 cents..

•••
15k now is better than 100k in "don't know when" or even 10 years.

I can convert that 15k to 100k by investing in diversified portfolio rather than sticking with a gtld that might not even be there in 10 years.

Just my 2 cents..
Also with some of these new extensions, you cannot be sure that they will even exist in 10 years time. I assume that if the registrar goes under the names get deleted? Too much uncertanty to hold the obscure ones for too long.

•••
Reputation.management is nice. Wonder how much wealth.management would go for?

•••
Reputation.management is nice. Wonder how much wealth.management would go for?
Not as much considering it has a $500 annual renewal compared to $75

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back