IT.COM

status-resolved So it is possible for post to disappear and not show on Google results?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
I wanted to find a recent selling offer for the domain CustomBeast.com. I don't recall exactly what the offer was just that it was being sold for like $50? or something like that.

I did a search on Namepros for "custombeast" and nothing came up. Did a search on Google like this

"Namepros.com Custombeast.com" and usually Google will pull the actual thread. but still nothing.

So I have to ask. Let's say you post something that you regret. I've always been under the assumption that after 15 minutes or so. you can no longer delete a post manually and it is "forever" on the net.

This situation with custombeast.com seems to contradict that.

can someone clarify? Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Search Results
Web results

So it is possible for post to disappear and not ... - NamePros
www.namepros.com › ... › General Domain Discussion

"Namepros.com Custombeast.com" and usually Google will pull the actual thread. but still nothing. So I have to ask. Let's say you post something ...
1 hour ago - 1 post - ‎1 author

Flash Sale! 250+ @ $50 each! BusinessChest.com ... - NamePros
www.namepros.com › ... › Domain Names › Fixed Price

custombeast.com : 3/6/2021 <-- Previously sold for $2,195! ... The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros. Ad.

•••
Normally, google might remove the result if it is gone in the original or show it as "cached" version. A site owner can have a page deleted as well through Google webmaster tool.

•••
Pretty sure i found and posted what their looking for.

•••
Pretty sure i found and posted what their looking for.
Yes.

But it's still possible for Namepros to de-index that particular URL using Google search console if need be.

•••
Pretty easy for me to add that too Can have google set to search any site. Still will be found.

Last edited:
•••
Pretty easy for me to add that too Can have google set to search any site. Still will be found.

It can still be avoided via instruction in robot.txt

•••
It can still be avoided via instruction in robot.txt
That will stop search in google result but doesn't stop from searching actual site.

•••
That will stop search in google result but doesn't stop from searching actual site.

Sure. Look I am not arguing with what you are saying. Just telling the OP that yes, results can disappear from Google in few ways.

•••
•••
•••
@lock @FolioTeam @Recons.Com @equity78
thanks everyone.

Most of the techie jargon mentioned here might as well be greek to me! lol

but it is still appreciated.

Also I did not respond until now because I just got the alert right now.

This happens once in a while. wasn't trying to be rude just saw the alert now.

maybe @Mod Team Bravo can explain.

does the forum track whether you don't check your threads and if you never do it won't send alerts. is that how it works?

I have several threads on here one even has over 10K views and over a thousand posts and sometimes I never get any alerts and I end up looking like I ignored people's posts.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back