Domain Empire

NamePros is back ... so what exactly did happen?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Nice to see NamePros back, and, at the moment, is running very fast too.

From what I recall, that was about the 3rd or so extended downtime this year. So what exactly did happen?

In the future during downtime, it would be greatly helpful to post announcements far and wide, including on other forums, such as DNF, and/or redirecting to a maintenance page with a brief explanation of what's happening.

Anyways, great to see NamePros back, and hope it stays up :)

Ron

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
From what I can tell, it appears there was a secondary mini-DDOS type attack that originated from Johnname's PC as he was desperately trying to be first to post an update to the Big Brother thread.

•••
Seems like NP is 10 minutes behind on the time.

•••
From what I can tell, it appears there was a secondary mini-DDOS type attack that originated from Johnname's PC as he was desperately trying to be first to post an update to the Big Brother thread.

That I would believe!!!!

•••
Why is the forum nakid? I think the stylesheet is missing. I did turn off adblock incase that was messing with it but even then it's totally bare.

•••
What template are you using? [bottom left]

•••
•••
I just switched over from "clean" and I'm not nakid :o

gotta be something else if not the blocker

•••
When I look at the stylesheets I get this page:

Code:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
    <head>
        <title>Access Restricted</title>

<iframe frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" src="http://anti-virus.cloudflare.com/cdn-cgi/anti-virus-challenge?h=63646e2e6e616d6570726f732e636f6d2c6e616d6570726f732e636f6d&x=77b267b6cb276228097c17dde1e0d425"></iframe>

It's from cloudflare the cdn you are using.

BTW I am on opensuse linux so no viruses on my system. I think they are blocking my ip because I tried another browser and am getting the same result. It's dynamically assigned by my ISP so maybe the last guy who had it was using an infected machine.

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Anyway I copy pasted that iframe URL into my browser and got a captcha page. Entering the correct captcha loads the stlyesheet and other stuff from cloudflare.

To the namepros webmaster, please consider using a real CDN instead of this crappy free one.

•••
I will send a PM to our tech with the thread link to here.
He'll be able to help with that stuff :)

•••
NP is laggy right now in this moment while I am typing this. Please request webhost to fix it.

•••
•••
When I look at the stylesheets I get this page:

Code:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
    <head>
        <title>Access Restricted</title>

<iframe frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" src="http://anti-virus.cloudflare.com/cdn-cgi/anti-virus-challenge?h=63646e2e6e616d6570726f732e636f6d2c6e616d6570726f732e636f6d&x=77b267b6cb276228097c17dde1e0d425"></iframe>

It's from cloudflare the cdn you are using.

BTW I am on opensuse linux so no viruses on my system. I think they are blocking my ip because I tried another browser and am getting the same result. It's dynamically assigned by my ISP so maybe the last guy who had it was using an infected machine.

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Anyway I copy pasted that iframe URL into my browser and got a captcha page. Entering the correct captcha loads the stlyesheet and other stuff from cloudflare.

To the namepros webmaster, please consider using a real CDN instead of this crappy free one.
Thanks, Entered the captcha and have the stylesheet now. :)

•••
Had to enter the captcha again. It's dumb to ask for a captcha for a stylesheet page because you never see the captcha page. Your browser expects a stylesheet and when it doesn't get one it just ignores it. So you have to manually pick out the URL from the source code and then paste it in your address bar to get the captcha page to load. And to add to the annoyance cloudfare puts an ad on it's captcha page!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back