Should I buy the domain.. and before I could even get to the name, she responded with a big "NO!" I paused for a minute or so, then continued with the name "blahblah.extension" She paused for a few seconds.. then said "Well why don't you sell what you already have?" I said "It's good to keep fresh inventory." To which she responded "I think you should sell, before you buy." She raised a good point. I mean, we can keep on adding names to our inventory, but no matter the excuse, at some point its poignant to take a step back and focus on existing carrying costs and what we already have. It's easy to get excited about a new name, because we don't it yet. But this is the same feeling that we had about just about every domain we pick up, isn't it? And if it doesn't sell, there it sits. Point is, some domains take longer than others to sell but in the meantime year over year we have to pay the price to hold them, and there will always be "fresh" names to add- it's basically never-ending. So unless you're selling regularly or have a steady stream of capital to keep renewing, don't let a quick fancy make a dent in your wallet. I think, this was her wisdom. Or common sense. My wife at times is my sounding board, to which I am extremely grateful for. Other times, I wonder what the heck I am missing out on, but such is life. You'll never miss what you never had. Do you have a sounding board that you filter your domaining through, or do you fall for impulse buying more often than not? Hope you all have enjoyed your summer thus far, and enjoyed your domaining even more. Let's sell, before we buy.