Dynadot

debate So, how much does BB spend on Advertising?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Messiah

Active MemberTop Member
Impact
BB being a private company, they have the right to not disclose this data to their sellers and I'm not going to ask either.
I thought this was a much needed topic to debate as many sellers assume BB has been spending a lot of money on Advertising lately. But to me, this looks otherwise.

In the last one year, BB has accepted thousands of domain names and $10 for each listing. I'm not sure how many people pay for listing fees or how many of you pay via free credits with them.

I was digging on their traffic volume and I found the below data.
BB -1 Traffic sources.png

Their majority of traffic comes from Search, Direct type-ins, Referrals. Look far to the right and you can see that only a fraction of that total traffic comes from Display advertising. 0.31%

If you are assuming search traffic also includes PPC search, then it has been getting lower and lower over the last few months. The expenses in the advertising has been decreased a lot by BB in the last few months.

advertising cost.png

Looks like the daily budget for PPC is only around $5 per day(which is less than my affiliate campaigns on Bing).

5*365 = $1825/ year on Search advertising. Very less if they are selling approximately 2 domain per day.

The above data is taken from the trusted sources such as SimilarWeb and KeywordSpy. However, that may be incorrect due to limited accessibility.

https://www.similarweb.com/website/brandbucket.com
http://www.keywordspy.com/research/search.aspx?q=brandbucket.com&tab=domain-overview

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Great post.

I wonder how much they spend on marketing, or if it is all done in house?

•••
I'm not sure how many people pay for listing fees or how many of you pay via free credits with them.

Didn't they do away with credits a while ago?

•••
BB - BrandBucket, right? I had to think for a while. It might not be obvious to everyone reading. :)

•••
Didn't they do away with credits a while ago?
Nope.. They were giving free credits if your BB profile gets shared on social media.
$1 = 1 credit = 1 social share.

It seems like they have stopped now in last few days.

•••
I wonder how much they spend on marketing, or if it is all done in house?
Apart from PR, I believe everything is in-house.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back