IT.COM

discuss Slow Down Market

NameSilo
Watch

Salai Domains

Account Closed
Impact
What happen? The number of the bid in auction here in Namepros and other sites is going down?
Anybody knows what are happening for the market slow down?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have to sell only 7N.com 5L.com 4N.info 4L.info 5L.info 8N.com 9N.com
But at This week its hard no one bidding

•••
I have to sell only 7N.com 5L.com 4N.info 4L.info 5L.info 8N.com 9N.com
But at This week its hard no one bidding

I've seen what you are trying to sell and IMHO, you are mostly ahead of any trends. I've made posts about this, though haven't named any names. ;) I mean there's just no reason for anyone to bid on something like 1882373 in 7N at this point in 7N... Though it has '88', do keep in mind there are ~600,000 7N with 88's in them. 888's are more rare @ about 50,000 names and those are just starting to see some base bids.

7N with '88'...
88xxxxx = 100k combos
x88xxxx
xx88xxx
xxx88xx
xxxx88x
xxxxx88

100k combos times 6 permutations...

Certainly, one could post a bunch of junk and/or names ahead of their time -- but it's hard to decide from that there's a slow down.

;)

•••
I've seen what you are trying to sell and IMHO, you are mostly ahead of any trends. I've made posts about this, though haven't named any names. ;) I mean there's just no reason for anyone to bid on something like 1882373 in 7N at this point in 7N... Though it has '88', do keep in mind there are 500,000 7N with 88's in them. 888's are more rare @ about 50,000 names and those are just starting to see some base bids.

Certainly, one could certainly post a bunch of junk and/or names ahead of their time -- but it's hard to decide from that there's a slow down.
But This one 188 was easy to sell now I know that are few triples 8 in 7N And no one are bidding, also in 5L there are few double letters without aeiouv And no one is bidding too...

•••
But This one 188 was easy to sell now I know that are few triples 8 in 7N And no one are bidding, also in 5L there are few double letters without aeiouv And no one is bidding too...

IMHO, you can still find around the same quality of 7N to handreg, so why bid? I get that you think your 1 domain in 10 million is unique enough to get bids... but. ;)

And I reg'd about 60 5L chips with pattern yesterday. I'm not sure why anyone would really yet bid on anything but the absolutely best best best of those.

Last edited:
•••
Now I understand!! Thank you very much @21x20
Maybe my 8N And 9N are more valuable than This domains because I have six 8 in row in my 9N.. And my 8N only contains 8 And 2 or 8 and 3

Last edited:
•••
... And then you've got people starting auctions saying "premium portfolio" when the names are either loaded with 0's and 4's or just nothing special. When you don't see a lot of bids on these, you can't blame it on the market ignoring a "premium portfolio" or a slowdown. Instead, they're just not actually premium names and folks don't intend to pay much (or anything) for them. ;) No offense intended towards anyone who does this -- with a thread like this, we just need to talk "openly" about what's actually going on.

•••
... And then you've got people starting auctions saying "premium portfolio" when the names are either loaded with 0's and 4's or just nothing special. When you don't see a lot of bids on these, you can't blame it on the market ignoring a "premium portfolio" or a slowdown. Instead, they're just not actually premium names and folks don't intend to pay much (or anything) for them. ;) No offense intended towards anyone who does this -- with a thread like this, we just need to talk "openly" about what's actually going on.
I've learned a lot with you now!! Thank you again

•••
•••
time to buy and hold,

Frank Shilling and Rick Schwarz apparently dont think so... maybe they just needed money for their 4L.biz and 5N.info renewals... next big thing you know

•••
Frank Shilling and Rick Schwarz apparently dont think so... maybe they just needed money for their 4L.biz and 5N.info renewals... next big thing you know

You mean based on their recent public sales -- and so you think Rick is done -- like he's got no more "liquid" names? He's sold them all?

If you don't know what else either of these pros has, then IMHO you're making a judgement on their actions in a vacuum. If Rick still has a dozen liquid names left, he's hedging his bets on offers he felt were ahead of their time (per how I took some of his past blog entries / interviews). If he just sold the very last one he's holding, then sure -- he's out. But I don't think either of them makes their entire inventory "public" ... as such, judging how they see the market based on their public sales doesn't make sense...

That would be like watching Larry Page sell 35,000 shares of GOOG a few times in September and deciding he thinks they're going under... Without accounting for the fact he owns something like 20,000,000 shares.

•••
It's not about today, tomorrow or the next day, think five, ten fifteen years from now

•••
judging how they see the market based on their public sales doesn't make sense...

Frank Shilling selling 2,000 4L coms doesnt make sense to you too?
so what makes sense? mantras about domains to become new digital currency, Chinese giving each panda a site on 7N.com with "pattern" creating end user demand, what else? :)

dont get defensive, lets have some more fun watching the bubble..

•••
so what makes sense? mantras about domains to become new digital currency, Chinese giving each panda a site on 7N.com with "pattern" creating end user demand, what else? :)

It makes perfect sense to me -- when you own a jzillion names, from time to time it only makes sense to sell some. I mean seriously -- how many names do you think he owns?

Did you watch the Domain Sherpa where Frank talks about the guy who bought the 2k names... and what that guy (or group) did/is doing with them? If you did, then I guess we both interpreted it totally differently. ;)

•••

So... If you owned thousands of 4L.com, (it has never been verified whether or not they where CHIPS, likelihood is that there where a mixture) and somebody came to you on a bulk deal when your costs where probably handreg up to say 500 bucks, and they offered you a 3 Mil. cash injection without all the hassle... you would not take that offer?

Let's say you are holding onto domains that you paid 15-75k speculating years prior and they offered you 400k for the same domain you would not consider that as well?

Business is business and cash talks. I highly doubt you would turn down an offer like that if you bought it correctly and had the opportunity to sell it at one shot in bulk verse piecing it out one by one.

•••
•••
Did you watch the Domain Sherpa where Frank talks about the guy who bought the 2k names... and what that guy (or group) did/is doing with them? If you did, then I guess we both interpreted it totally differently. ;)

i have no idea about your interpretation. mine is a very simple one: wouldve he sold that portfolio if he had felt there was any significant upside potential in the near future? ...could he be wrong? of course he could, but that was his expert decision. sure its up to you if you pay attention or not and how to interpret that...

•••
Let's not forget, many folks probably even on this thread have sold names that they go back 6 months and go CRAP, I could have made X. Nature of the beast, and like anything in business, nobody knows the future.

That being said, am I completely caught up in "Chinese" domaining? The answer is a simple BLEEP no. There are so many quality keyword dot coms dropping, it's like Christmas pre-turkey day.

Am I looking for opportunties? Have I speculated some?

Sure, why not. You'll never succeed at anything without taking on risk. Part of the game, welcome to business.

•••
i have no idea about your interpretation. mine is a very simple one: wouldve he sold that portfolio if he had felt there was any significant upside potential in the near future? ...could he be wrong? of course he could, but that was his expert decision. sure its up to you if you pay attention or not and how to interpret that...

You could certainly be right -- I'm not really debating that. I'm trying to point out the flaw in the way you're looking at the sale. People don't always take what's in their case (to borrow from Deal or No Deal). People have different investment strategies and certainly one of those is, when you have a large portfolio of any investment, to sell some on the way up.

•••
•••
Prices go down because too much new investors and domainers have reg'd too much domains hoping to make a big profit in future, and now they sell all not high valuable domains for low profin trying to make money they wasted on domains they will keep.
So for the moment prices will go down a little, but only for non premium domains.

•••
•••
Internet is big, you can't imagine....... it will be good if you go with the trend......

Did you think why we are after 5L.com why not 9L.com?

Because 5L is shorter than 9L so it deserves higher business value....

some recent 7N.com
upload_2015-11-26_16-10-5.png

•••
It's an usual fluctuation.

A Chinese man that just moved to the United States goes to a bank to exchange his yuan for US dollars. He gives the teller 100 yuan and the teller exchanges it for $100. He thanks the teller and leaves.

A week later, the Chinese man returns to the bank with another 100 yuan to exchange. This time the teller only gives him $90. The man asks why he got less than last week and the teller replies "Oh, market changes and, you know, fluctuations."

Clearly offended, the man gets red in the face and yells "Oh yeah?! Well FLUCK YOU AMERICANS TOO!"​

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back