Dynadot

discuss Slow Down Market

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Salai Domains

Account Closed
Impact
What happen? The number of the bid in auction here in Namepros and other sites is going down?
Anybody knows what are happening for the market slow down?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Screen Shot 2015-11-21 at 4.37.39 AM.png

•••
You all do realize we are entering the holiday season, Thanksgiving here in the states is next week and it's almost the weekend.

Labor day was AMAZING since nobody was bidding, I felt like I got away with highway robbery.. I probably shouldn't say anything since more will be watching but during holidays some of the most profitable opportunities are made for those paying attention.

I seriously doubt domainers know what the word holiday means let alone celebrate one

•••
What happen? The number of the bid in auction here in Namepros and other sites is going down?

relax friend
domains aren't a bitcoin
limited supply of 3l 4l domains vs billions of people in world getting on net, will make your domain investments more solid than a house made of pure stone.

•••
Two important points:

1st: good domains are still getting good bids and going for great prices. Visually, though, a lot of what people are offering now is junk with 4's and 0's that they reg'd at the end of 6N buyout. And people are trying to flip 7N while there are still plenty to be had. These "auctions" are going to flop at this point. Back in July I tried to flip a lot of 6N for as low as $65 total -- thankfully it failed and I pulled it down before August.

2nd: having been in numerics for a few years, I can tell you that this happens literally every November. The movement stops and paused until new years. At least it has traditionally. This year, of course, hasn't been very traditional.... But still. ;)

•••
Time to buy imo lol

•••
•••
You all do realize we are entering the holiday season, Thanksgiving here in the states is next week and it's almost the weekend.

Labor day was AMAZING since nobody was bidding, I felt like I got away with highway robbery.. I probably shouldn't say anything since more will be watching but during holidays some of the most profitable opportunities are made for those paying attention.

•••
Big guys are buying from bottom level... It's obvious that market can't go up everyday.. It needs to calm down little bit and then will go up again.. This is a great buying opportunity for who just arrived and wants to join to the game.. it would be nonsense just to sell off and quit the game after all those buyouts..

Other than that, we have created great domain trading market in the world so far.. where we can trade domains as a stocks internationally without borders in the same environment.. We should see this reality we'll have story to tell about beginning of Domain Exchange Market after couple of years.

•••
I have to sell only 7N.com 5L.com 4N.info 4L.info 5L.info 8N.com 9N.com
But at This week its hard no one bidding

I've seen what you are trying to sell and IMHO, you are mostly ahead of any trends. I've made posts about this, though haven't named any names. ;) I mean there's just no reason for anyone to bid on something like 1882373 in 7N at this point in 7N... Though it has '88', do keep in mind there are ~600,000 7N with 88's in them. 888's are more rare @ about 50,000 names and those are just starting to see some base bids.

7N with '88'...
88xxxxx = 100k combos
x88xxxx
xx88xxx
xxx88xx
xxxx88x
xxxxx88

100k combos times 6 permutations...

Certainly, one could post a bunch of junk and/or names ahead of their time -- but it's hard to decide from that there's a slow down.

;)

•••
Just saw on Sedo's twitter post

CUz-3KfUYAAX6YN.jpg

•••
people need not to panic, it causes more panic.

This is a market where the prices are going to fluctuate, these prices went up fast there's going to be speed bumps along the way..this has happened before and it will probably happen again. Most of the bigger buyers i know are buying everything up.. there expecting the prices to go up once again... but no one knows for sure.

What i can say is don't put your money into this market if you cant afford to risk it. But its been very good to me. So i'm in.

•••
All I can say is from a mods work load, the sales areas buying and selling is very active at this time :)

•••
RELAX....NO PANIC

it will rise up more

•••
As I have said before, this slowdown is like the silence before the big storm. :xf.wink:

It's coming.

- V

•••
... And then you've got people starting auctions saying "premium portfolio" when the names are either loaded with 0's and 4's or just nothing special. When you don't see a lot of bids on these, you can't blame it on the market ignoring a "premium portfolio" or a slowdown. Instead, they're just not actually premium names and folks don't intend to pay much (or anything) for them. ;) No offense intended towards anyone who does this -- with a thread like this, we just need to talk "openly" about what's actually going on.

•••
Let's not forget, many folks probably even on this thread have sold names that they go back 6 months and go CRAP, I could have made X. Nature of the beast, and like anything in business, nobody knows the future.

That being said, am I completely caught up in "Chinese" domaining? The answer is a simple BLEEP no. There are so many quality keyword dot coms dropping, it's like Christmas pre-turkey day.

Am I looking for opportunties? Have I speculated some?

Sure, why not. You'll never succeed at anything without taking on risk. Part of the game, welcome to business.

•••
Shanghai Index -5% today. Chinese may be dumping stocks to buy more domains :D

No, stocks down, because government found some violaitons and some October industrial data was not good:
"authorities disclosed investigations into several major brokerages over suspected trading violations. The probes into Citic, Guosen, Founder and Haitong Securities followed additional souring market sentiment on Friday that revealed lackluster Chinese industrial data in October. "

But I agree, it may add up volume to domain investment. Yuan' still going to be davaluated and now stock market going south, investors may say, screw that crap, I'm putting my money to domains as the safe bay. I actually noticed some moves today in .co.

•••
Perfect mascot for the bubble heads.
Said by the guy who lives on his bicycle - Of course its not you but i just couldn't resist your sarcasm lol

•••
I liked this post..:xf.grin:

thanks!
but I cannot understand how you can like my post and like bitcoins at same time. because my post did not mean to be very kind to bitcoins. ;)

just pulling your leg. you got great domain name there btw.. ibitcoin

Last edited:
•••
What i can say is don't put your money into this market if you cant afford to risk it. But its been very good to me. So i'm in.
I'm also in.If the market rise again.We will make huge profit but if the market getting worse. we will loss only few thousand bucks. Huge Risk means Big Profit and i can wait years for the market to get back on track.

•••
The price hasn't dropped, what is happening now is only best way to make anything become more expensive, HOLDING! :)

•••
i have been spending a lot of time corresponding with domainers in china on their QQ chat platform. For the most part they seem to want to pay less than western domainers will pay and even they say prices climbed so hi because of the hype from china investing heavily in the domain market. Seems the prices here in the west have surpassed what Chinese are willing to pay "currently" and they have been trading domains among themselves rather than venturing out into the forums and sites like godaddy and sedo to find domains. I personally think its only a matter of time before the prices fluctuate upward again but how far up will be dependent on the Chinese willing to dig deeper into their pockets. Just another note; For the most part i have found that Chinese are more long term investors then the short term churn and burn that you see more in America.

•••
Most of domainers spent their money to NNNNNNNNNNNNNnnnnnnn LLLL LLLLL LLNN NNLL CHIPs qzxw lwvz etc crap domains..That's so very sad..

•••
But This one 188 was easy to sell now I know that are few triples 8 in 7N And no one are bidding, also in 5L there are few double letters without aeiouv And no one is bidding too...

IMHO, you can still find around the same quality of 7N to handreg, so why bid? I get that you think your 1 domain in 10 million is unique enough to get bids... but. ;)

And I reg'd about 60 5L chips with pattern yesterday. I'm not sure why anyone would really yet bid on anything but the absolutely best best best of those.

Last edited:
•••
Frank Shilling selling 2,000 4L coms doesnt make sense to you too?
so what makes sense? mantras about domains to become new digital currency, Chinese giving each panda a site on 7N.com with "pattern" creating end user demand, what else? :)

dont get defensive, lets have some more fun watching the bubble..

So... If you owned thousands of 4L.com, (it has never been verified whether or not they where CHIPS, likelihood is that there where a mixture) and somebody came to you on a bulk deal when your costs where probably handreg up to say 500 bucks, and they offered you a 3 Mil. cash injection without all the hassle... you would not take that offer?

Let's say you are holding onto domains that you paid 15-75k speculating years prior and they offered you 400k for the same domain you would not consider that as well?

Business is business and cash talks. I highly doubt you would turn down an offer like that if you bought it correctly and had the opportunity to sell it at one shot in bulk verse piecing it out one by one.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back