NameSilo

Showcase Your Spanish Language Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

J Sokol

Top Member
Impact
Please include the domain name and its translation.

Here's mine:

MiMadreLoca.com

Trans: My crazy mother

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've recently acquired familita . com. I know the "ita" suffix is commonly used, but I've never heard this word specifically. Are any of you familiar with it?
Families are normally big in both Spain and South America. Discussing the (rare) specific opposite case, spanish speaking person would rather say "little family" (pequeña familia) instead... at least in South America. They would technically understand what one meant by "familita" though.

Last edited:
•••
I also think that Spanish has great names that can be considered brandables even in English. For example, Ubicado (located) is a Spanish word, but it can also be pronounced and spelled by English speakers. Also own such brandable in Portuguese, Aliseus. This broadens the possible usages for these names.

In complete agreement.
Holding on to alivio (in king) for 20 years.

Most enquiries come from English speakers.

To - me - the word is an open vessel.

It means "relief" in English.

•••
Found ElBlues dot com (The Blues)

•••
Propietaria.com - translates to "owner" in Spanish.

•••
felizañonuevo in king

Happy New Year! (Spanish)

Last edited:
•••
Fijarse.com = Set.com
Taiwán.com

•••
Mimadreloca.com ---- no
Estrellas.Futbol ---- no
Noticia.Futbol ---- ok
Actualidad.Futbol ---- ok
Nariz.org -- no
Hablo.org --- no

@J Sokol veganaloca.com ----- No

@VirtualNameMarket.com ::

FelizMama.com ---- no .. is :: Mama Feliz.
TurismoParaguay.com --- Good.

@Kammineni :: Subrayar.com --- no
@nameflipping
Instalar.com (setup) --- no good
Calles.net (Street) --- good 20%
NegocioWeb.com (Web Business) --- no, is web de negocios
Tuarticulo.com (Your Article)--- no good
Tuwebfacil.com (Your easy Web). -- Good
SoporteCentral.com (Central Support). --- good 20%

@mayazir
Desacuerdo.com --- no good
---------------
@TCK ::

SaludIntegral.COM --- good

Embarazados <--- NO.. is EmbarazadAs

Sangritas <-- is not spanish

La Guia Hispana < good

Visite Vina Del Mar < good

CarroDeportivo.com is not sports cars.. is sport car.

Femenil.com --- good

@Gofresh
Dolar.com is not dollares. (but is nice)
dolar
Del lat. dolāre.
1. tr. desus. Desbastar, labrar madera o piedra con la doladera o el dolobre
https://dle.rae.es/?id=E5DwtgM

In spanish dollar is dollar too.

@forge
hechoenpuertorico.org <-- good 20%

@alci

micasa.io <--- nice one

@Riz M.
Alto nivel.com --- good for sports website. nice one

Last edited:
•••
Yes, a non-native speaker needs to be cautious about registering domains in a foreign language. With domains investors already face the challenge of developers and end users finding creative ways to avoid paying for aftermarket domains - extra words, abbreviations, and alternative extensions as well as social media accounts. But in Latin America average incomes are quite a bit below US levels (Venezuelan monthly minimum wage is close to the US hourly minimum wage) so pricing domains high can take you out of the market. One thing I see some people on this thread doing is registering feminine words where that is not the default scenario. Yes, there are female doctors and lawyers and entrepreneurs but Latin culture is still very male dominated. How much demand is there going to be for a female occupation keyword in Spanish when most in that profession are men?

•••
•••
•••
the conjugation of the word "embarazo never used in male.

Male say : Yo estoy embarazado

Female : Yo estoy embarazada

Females : ellas estan embarazadas ( ada. for female )

Males : ellos estan embarazados ( ado for male )

but there is an exception, the neutral in spanish is always ado , os, es, en etc, azo,

embarazo ( pregnancy )

mis amigos (male and female friends )

mis amigas ( for only female )

I have put links in my posts above that explain the grammar of "embarazados". Just because someone's first language is Spanish (or English), doesn't make them an expert in that language.

Please review my posts.

•••
I missed another obvious one:

embarazados.net

So far:

embarazados.es - Spain
embarazados.mx - Mexico
embarazados.co - Colombia
embarazados.net - Spain
https://www.facebook.com/EmbarazadosCentroDeMaternidad/
https://www.minsalud.gov.co/Regiones/Paginas/Embarazados-sin-sífilis,-campaña-de-prevención-para-evitar-la-enfermedad-en-gestantes-y-recién-nacidos-.aspx
https://www.caracoltv.com/regias/actualidad/melina-ramirez-y-mateo-carvajal-estan-embarazados-ie4350

Also, Embarazados the movie from Spain. English translation "We are pregnant". Check it out on IMDB.

Those are all by native Spanish speakers.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Yeah, I basically agree. But, thinking of Colombian health ministry... Why did they elect to use embarazados then? I'd guess because of either

- embarazadas.co / embarazadas.com.co were alrealy regged

OR

- they knowingly elected to target guys as well. As it is the mission of the health ministry to help and educate both parents. I mean they probably did not want to say "Hello Juan, please visit embarazadas dot something". As the guy Juan might not show a lot of interest to visit something that sounds like 100% female-oriented website.

jus some kind social program with public money, they are not going to spend in a domain, and embarazada .co was free in the meantime .org is free too..Do you know something with value where the .org is free?

Last edited:
•••
•••
Jennifer (she) and Ben (he). We are speaking about a group, and at least one guy belongs to the group. In this case, a Spanish adjective must be masculine. Elle magazine is correct.

•••
LaLimusina/com
ZonaRica/com
MotoTaco/com
ArepaCafe/com
Arepa/cafe

Asado/Co
Tamale/Co

Would appreciate your qualified opinions.
Muchas Gracias.
I like LaLimusina/com

•••
ok, bi've never heard somebody using the word embarazados.

It's been and is used all over the media, government, health services, etc. Maybe it is used more in textual/written form than in conversational Spanish. But I am not going to repeat the examples and definitions posted here. You can just go back in the posts. So far all authoritative sources posted support the usage and correctness of "embarazados" when referring to a couple.

•••
@tonyk2000 I don’t know. Out of nowhere comes @gipson attacking my domain that I’ve vetted carefully. There was no reason. This thread is primarily for showcasing Spanish domains. But I am very careful in the domains I acquire and will defend them.

•••
My recomendation as a native spanish speaker. Dont buy domains with tilde . All of them are useless to do online marketing.

•••
@tonyk2000 and @TCK. : Domains with Tildes are they even relevant?
A very good question.
IDNs:
As for IDNs, business owners (and the public in general) are simply unaware of IDNs. A lot of endusers, at least in South America, even if they remember the domain name, would still type it (with or without tildes but with spaces between words sometimes) in google/msn search bar (their browser default home page) and will use the first SE result to reach the website. However, I remember somebody reported right here on NP that his IDNs _do_ receive typein traffic.

Being a "perfectionist", I personally do not like domains with missed tildes. It looks like using "bookz" instead of "books" or "xcellent" instead of "excellent". Somewhat similar imho. For the reasons of fairness, however, I made a little survey (in South America), Nothing statistically significant - just a few cases when I regged domains for friends (or for my dentist / his clinic and the like), as well as asked a few small business owners "why did you select this particular domain, does it work for you, etc". I learned the following:
- domain registrants (or potential registrants) are well aware of different extensions (dot com vs country code). They usually have a preference here and can explain it.
- missed tildes are, generally speaking, acceptable from endusers point of view. A dialogue from real life: "1. Tony, please register <domain-with-missed-tilde> for me 2. Sure thing, but we have an error. No tilde. Some brainstorming and we'll find an alternative... 3. Never mind, lets register it"

Last edited:
•••
•••
Regarding usage of tildes I do recall once seeing a .TV site with one as I held the non-tilde version. Developers and end users will try to register variations of the ideal keyword to avoid paying a premium for a domain. Thus, it makes no sense to hold marginal domains.

•••
I have 2 domains that are city names with 'ñ' in the official name but registered without the 'n'. Mainly because they are tourist destinations and target audience are foreigners. These are:

LaPenita.com (La Peñita)

PenaDeBernal.com (Peña de Bernal)

From what I have seen, there is no trend in registering IDN characters in Spanish. Unless there is any sales data to support it, there is no value in them.

•••
What about registering a reflexivo? Have anyone ever sold one? I bought some expired .com one word reflexives, but not sure if they will sell. They are good category centric names, but not confident.

You have to be very selective when registering verbs in reflexivo. My rule of thumb is how does it sound. Can a gringo recall it easily. For example, I have Ubicado.com (located) which could potentially be a good real estate brandable.

Spanish domain sales are in very early stages compared to English counterparts. I'd say 10 years behind, at least.

I have not had a significant sale but I have been involved in competitive bidding on Spanish language domains.

My sales in Latin American market have been English words like "ColombiaDirectory.com", etc.

But the standard rules apply, such as, is it memorable, easy to spell, easy to recall, etc.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back