Dynadot

Showcase Your Spanish Language Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

J Sokol

Top Member
Impact
Please include the domain name and its translation.

Here's mine:

MiMadreLoca.com

Trans: My crazy mother

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
At the moment I am in Rafael Nunez Airport Cartagena, Colombia having spent the last several days in Cartagena de Indias. Cartagena is a tourist city and we stayed in Bocagrande which is one of the nicer areas of the city. Regardless, even in upscale neighborhoods you still see clear evidence of how different life is compared to the US. Cell phone usage is high and Facebook is free so social media accounts are common. But small companies always have the option of going with their local cctld instead of an aftermarket .Com or .net or new tld. In Colombia you do see .Com.com but I did not see any new extensions on this trip.

•••
Instalar.com (setup)
Calles.net (Street)
NegocioWeb.com (Web Business)
Tuarticulo.com (Your Article)
Tuwebfacil.com (Your easy Web).
SoporteCentral.com (Central Support).

•••
Dolares.com

Dollars in Spanish :)

•••
Juventud.com

Means Youth, in the sense of young people.

Also own it's Portuguese version, Juventude.com

•••
famosos.com $14,699 Sedo yesterday.

(Not my sale)

•••
Spanish domain sales have always been a bit of a challenge - perhaps because of the economic reality of Latin America. Regardless, it is also easier to find quality keywords that would be much more difficult to acquire in English.

•••
•••
FelizMama.com ("HappyMom")
TurismoParaguay.com ("TourismParaguay")

Last edited:
•••
CarroDeportivo.com (sports car)

•••
I do not believe it is a worthwhile effort to acquire Spanish domains with tildes even though they might be more grammatically correct. Some keyboards do not allow them whereas others you have to use alt + some number combination to write them. In the case of Spain (Espana - my tablet does not have the n~) ok. Otherwise it is equivalent to wasting money registering hundreds of protective .net domains and paying renewals so that no one can pick up the cheap .net. Well, for the low-budget developer, they will always find a way to avoid paying for an aftermarket name - use another extensiion, add an e or I at the beginning, add an extra word at the beginning or end, add a hyphen between two words, use a number, etc.

•••
Tengo:

www. alg.uno
www. desay.uno
www. mont.uno

Sometimes, I feel that you don't always need a Dot.Com to express yourself

•••
My Spanish words domains, some of them sound softly and warmly :

• amordesejo.com
  • azulescuro.com
  • cartoesbancarios.com
  • comercializacao.com
  • comprimidoazul.com
  • desejoamor.com
  • desejobeleza.com
  • desejoonline.com
  • favorecer.com
  • motonegocio.com
  • odesejo.com
  • osdesejos.com
  • precisamos.com
  • queroamor.com
  • verdeescuro.com

Thanks for sharing! The only spanish word there is Favorecer, meaning to favor. The most applicable cunjugation is "favorece" when used in present tense. The others appear to be in Portuguese, which definitely sounds similar. I get them confused often while reading the drop.

•••
•••
Agriculturas in king
Agricultura is Agriculture in Spanish.

•••
•••
•••
Thanks for the update from Columbia @garptrader. It's nice to get some perspective from the inside.

•••
•••
.COM
Salud Integral (integral health)
Embarazados (pregnant)
Sangritas (a drink that accompanies tequila)
La Guia Hispana (the Hispanic guide)
Visite Vina Del Mar (visit Vina Del Mar, popular tourist destination in Chile)
Ubicado (located)

Last edited:
•••
Logo-Alto-Nivel.jpg
.COM ( High Level)

•••
Thank you for taking some of your time to go deep into checking the word and its trademarks. It was submitted to BB and published at a considerable amount. Let's see if it sells..

You’re very welcome. I wish you success with the domain.

•••
Agree completely but even thought have a decent portfolio of names very few offers compared with English domains. I am base out of Costa Rica but still as a purely domain name sales basis have done with English names. The potential is there but for some unknown reason no luck with sales on Spanish names.

Spanish domains don’t have as many end-users or investors as the English counterparts, yet. However, you are much safer holding on to quality Spanish domains in the .com (or even in qualified ccTLDs) than nTLDs.

To acquire my best Spanish domains (salud integral, embarazados, ubicado) I had to engage in heated bidding. So that tells you something.

“Salud Integral” is huge in Latin America.

Last edited:
•••
The only issue I see with Spanish .coms is that missed accents are not always good from aesthetic point of view at least. "Salud Integral" is great as there are no accents. But "United States Dollar" is still "Dólar Estadounidense" - not dolar. Also n vs ñ: one probably should not replace it in "new year"/"año nuevo" for example. Is it just me? I've helped once with a handreg to my (Spanish-speaking) dentist - he finally asked me to register a version with missed accent and said that it would be fine for his needs...

Last edited:
•••
I also think that Spanish has great names that can be considered brandables even in English. For example, Ubicado (located) is a Spanish word, but it can also be pronounced and spelled by English speakers. Also own such brandable in Portuguese, Aliseus. This broadens the possible usages for these names.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back