IT.COM

Showcase Your Spanish Language Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

J Sokol

Top Member
Impact
Please include the domain name and its translation.

Here's mine:

MiMadreLoca.com

Trans: My crazy mother

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Some of the logic which domain investors use for new extensions applies to Spanish domains. Yes, it is easier to acquire solid keyword Spanish domains at a reasonable cost. However, other factors have to be considered - average sales price, sales ratio and renewal costs. The average sales price for a specific keyword in Spanish is considerably lower than the comparable English domain. Oftentimes a keyword with many reported sales at Namebio in English will have no history (public) in Spanish. Renewal costs are the same but if a domain is only worth what an end user is willing to pay for it, therein lies the problem. Social media accounts are free and it has been my experience that potential buyers are often resistant to paying more than low $xxx for a domain name. Yes, there are exceptions but investors cannot apply the one in a million exception to every domain in their portfolio.

•••
I have a lot but with my country code extension. ( .es , also .mx and premium domains of other latin american countries)

Some examples

Vehiculos.com.es ( Vehicles)
Petroleo.com.es (Petrol)
Gobierno.com.es (Goverment)
Tarjeta.com.es (Card)/ ( credit card)
Tabaco.com.es ( Tobacco)

Last edited:
•••
•••
Hola From Spain,

The real Spanish academy says: That all plural adjectives are said in masculine.

So the plural of Pregnant is EMBARAZADOS, based on the fact that two women can not have the same child, then it must be a father and a mother, both sexes to unify is used in masculine and plural.

In Spain it is recognized that children are father and mother, so the term EMBARAZADOS.COM is correct.

Spanish Traslation:

La real academia española dice: Que todo los adjetivos plurales se dicen en masculino.

Por lo que el plural de Embarazada es EMBARAZADOS, basandose en el hecho de que dos mujeres no pueden tener un mismo hijo(a), entonces tiene que ser de un padre y una madre, la accion de ambos sexos unificados según la regla debe ser en masculino y plural.

En España se reconoce que los hijos son de padre y madre, por lo que es correcto el termino: EMBARAZADOS.COM

Last edited:
•••
More:

https://www.pinterest.es/anitzaren/estamos-embarazados/

https://bogota.gov.co/asi-vamos/embarazadosco-guia-sobre-la-gestacion-y-cuidados-del-bebe

(sorry, couldn't edit my previous post)

I think we get the point. ;)

The reason I am posting so much in defense of this domain is because EMBARAZADOS.COM is one of our strongest Spanish domains, along with SALUDINTEGRAL.COM. Both are health related and very big markets in Spanish-speaking countries, including the US.

@nameflipping Thanks again for posting the authoritative source about the grammar of embarazados.

Last edited:
•••
It could also be noted that just as British English and American English have different spellings and words for the same item, the same concept can apply when comparing Spain Spanish and the Spanish spoken in other countries. A word which might be common in Mexico might not be used in Colombia or Argentina or Spain.

•••
The discussion is very interesting :)

A few tips:

- In Spanish, nouns are classified by gender as masculine or feminine.

The table - La mesa - feminine.
The locker - El armario - masculine.

- The gender of a noun affects the form of other words related to it.

White table - mesa blanca
White locker - armario blanco

* adjectives usually come after nouns *

- If we have a group of feminine nouns, or a group of girls - then the related adjective should be feminine.

A pregnant wife may say "I am pregnant" - "Estoy embarazada". If her sister is also pregnant, and they met each other - then they may say "We are pregnant" - "Estamos embarazadas"

- As soon as a single guy (or masculine noun) added into the feminine group - the whole group "becomes" masculine.

If two pregnant females from above example had a chance to invite pregnant mr. Alex from 1994 "Junior" film (portrayed by Arnold Schwarzenegger) - then we will have a group of 3 pregnant humans with one guy inside, and so they should say "We are pregnant" this way: Estamos embarazados.

Of course, a happy future father may wish to say "we are pregnant" even though technically it is only his wife who is pregnant. He will then also use "embarazados": Estamos embarazados.

Similar happened in Real Spanish Academy example ("it must be a father and a mother"), as well as in colombian Embarazados.co, which is intended to be used by both parents: "Embarazados.co es una valiosa herramienta que permite tanto a mujeres como hombres aprender sobre el embarazo" - "Embarazados.co is a valuable tool that allows both women and men to learn about pregnancy"

Last edited:
•••
but embarazados has no sense..
it must be embarazadas

Please read the previous posts above with the dictionary quote(s).

It's embarazados when you are talking about both parents who are dealing with a pregnancy. Where both the father and mother play a role during the course of a pregnancy. It makes sense. It is grammatically correct when used as such. And it is frequently used in the medical field.

•••
Guys, what exactly the problem is? Yes, this thread is educational. Grammatical gender may be unfamiliar concept to native English speakers, so, recent posts revealed some useful facts about Spanish language. Great.

As for embarazados/embarazadas, when I saw a version with "o" (and I am Spanish-speaking domainer), my first impression was: "an unfortunate error". I however admit that the "o" version is technically acceptable (which was never a question) and must be used in appropriate circumstances, which were also mentioned in this thread. How is blonde different from blond? Somewhat similar question (for non-native English speakers like myself). I am not asking it here, just to illustrate. Case closed...

Spanish is great for romance, and for expressiveness. Try to learn it - and you will like it :)

Last edited:
•••
@tonyk2000 and @TCK. : Domains with Tildes are they even relevant?

IMO it comes down to real world usage. Do you see companies using Spanish IDN's for their websites? In Mexico I have not seen any. I am Canadian but spend a lot of time there. Who's to say that it won't change in the future.

Also look at Google results. Does G flag words without the tilde as misspelled? I just checked and it doesn't but displays results with the tilde in the description or body of the pages.

If you are going to register a domain with the tilde, you should also have the version without it as most people will type the word without the tilde.

Also it would be interesting to see which version has better SEO results, tilde or no tilde. I suspect the non-tilde one because a lot of searches are made from countries with keyboards that don't have the ñ key (i.e. USA, Canada, UK, etc).

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
•••
I assume if we get more specific, you mean those nouns, non verb words like I mentioned above where the tilde does not alter the meaning, just assists in the pronunciation.

Accents: á, é, í, ó, ú. Yes, they do assist in the pronunciation. They are natural part of the word in question and should not be omitted (if you ask any Spanish language teacher). In some cases, words with omitted accents may have completely different meaning - but, since in real life words form parts of a context, it is not hard to see that a writer forgot to put an accent. Which is common for quick typing like sms or messengers, especially for younger generations. Not only (missed) accents, teenagers would frequently type abbreviations that I think a google translator would not understand (but another Spanish speaking person will).

A separate letter: ñ. It should not be considered as "n"+"~". It is a separate letter with a separate key on a spanish keyboard, and is pronounced differently.

Last edited:
•••
First post here, but I was really dying to reply to this thread...

I did an impulse buy and got ovn.is (OVNIS are UFOs in spanish) just for fun.

I thought about an URL shortener service since I already have all the backend and a server sitting there, doing nothing (it was an assignment for my university).

•••
Not something I focus on, but here are my Spanish names (which came as part of a portfolio purchase):
SalioElSol.com - means 'The sun came out' or 'The sun came up'.
DecoracionDeBodas.com - means 'Wedding Decoration'.
HastaLaMuerte.com - I was told that it is Spanish for "to the bitter end", but a more accurate translation appears to be ‘to death’ or ‘to the death’.

•••
I'd also classify comprimido azul as Spanish (and Portuguese at the same time it seems). Portuguese orthography is somewhat different. For example, the 4th term is comercialização actually - which indeed can be used as comercializacao.<anything> in domains

Last edited:
•••
Estrellas.Futbol (means Stars.Football)
Noticia.Futbol (Noticia is the singular of "News")
Actualidad.Futbol (Actualidad can mean something like "current events", basically "news")

•••
Was going to open a thread for discussion regarding if Spanish domains are hot or not, given that Spanish is one of the most spoken languages in the world, but then I found this one. So you guys think there is future in these?

•••
Hablo///Org

Speak/Talk
:xf.smile:

Great thread, finally brought to light.

•••
Recently acquired Femenil in king. It means feminine.

•••
Desacuerdo.com
means "not agree"

•••
•••
Spanish domain sales have always been a bit of a challenge - perhaps because of the economic reality of Latin America. Regardless, it is also easier to find quality keywords that would be much more difficult to acquire in English.

At Namescon Godaddy / Afternic made a presentation about average sales price in each region. Latin America was shown as being one of the highest priced markets. That being said have a several good Spanish domains but are slow to sell.

•••
•••
micasa
.io......... my house

mercado
.io............market

•••
At Namescon Godaddy / Afternic made a presentation about average sales price in each region. Latin America was shown as being one of the highest priced markets. That being said have a several good Spanish domains but are slow to sell.

I believe there is a huge potential in the Spanish domain market. Much more than in nTLDs. It is where English domains were 15-20 years ago. When you consider high profile published domain sales, they were not fast sales (or flips).

The US has a larger hispanic population than most countries in Latin America. And that includes many countries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Hispanic_and_Latino_Americans

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back