Dynadot

discuss Why Spanish in .com industry has weeker influence than in real life?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DomainFreeze.com

Impact
Spanish is the 2nd rank in the languages with the most native speakers, and fourth with the most speakers (English speaker is about 3 times larger than spanish speaker).

But I searched .com names with keyword "matrix" and "matriz" as suffix. There are over 23k domain names with matrix and only 447 with matriz meaning English names have 51 times larger than spanish name.

Does it mean that spanish companies prefer to English domain for their company names and brand names?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You have the numbers wrong, 2.3k is not 51 times bigger than 447.

•••
Upvote 0
You have the numbers wrong, 2.3k is not 51 times bigger than 447.
Oh sorry it was not 2.3k but 23k.

•••
Upvote 0
May I suggest that you check not the number of native speakers, but the total worth of economies of English speaking and Spanish speaking countries, you might end up with a proportion closer to that number. I don't know that, just a speculation. Also take into account that English names are very popular in non-English speaking countries while Spanish names not so much.

•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back