NameSilo

showcase Showcase your .Box names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi DN folks,

This is old news but as some of you are aware .box domains were up for grabs since early Jan this year.

These domains are web3 native as well as resolve as any other web2 domain on all browsers.

The . box domain is recognized as an ICANN-approved top-level domain and is the first on-chain TLD included in the ENS manager app — alongside . eth. With the release, users can register .23 Apr 2024

https://www.binance.com/en-IN/squar...s-browser-compatible-box-domain-7166823030682

Today they just announced that they integrated with coinbase :
Did you catch some nice ones or did you pass this opportunity?

I got two DNs and then acquired one from a fellow domainer so in total I have these three:

Ae.box
OM.box
Mom.box

Which ones did you get?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Renewal is too expensive and not worth it.

•••
The renewal comes to $120 for some gem names. I think only 3k names are booked so far.
The renewals across new gtlds are similar for such names.
However, the process of registering did seem a bit tedious as we have to do it on the op blockchain.

•••
The renewal comes to $120 for some gem names. I think only 3k names are booked so far.
The renewals across new gtlds are similar for such names.
However, the process of registering did seem a bit tedious as we have to do it on the op blockchain.
If the domain name renewal price could be as low as $10, I would register a large number of .box without hesitation.

•••
Dot-box is cool but I think they missed the sweet spot in traction with the fee. Being said it's a good way to filter out speculators vs builders but finding that balance along with gaining traction is tricky.

I think investors play a major role in how an extension can get eyes. I wonder if some sort of holding rules could apply along with lower pricing but I think they did the right thing with using OP to drive movement towards blockchain.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back