Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
The next trend thread had some good discussion about Wearable Tech, So here is a thread to showcase and discuss.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Got low $xxx offer for Holoble(.)com. Might be the owner of the plural domain, if I have to guess.

•••
Wearable and hearable aren't consumer terms used for selling products... They're only industry terms, so I wouldn't really bother too much with these kind of keywords, because they don't really sell.

I've received enquiries on my hearable domains from Audiologists and people in sales roles in the hearing aid industry.

Is the term "hearables" speculative from a domaining POV? - Yes.

However, I've been following this tech for a long time, and those in the hearing industry would love the term "hearables" to catch on, as it would help them to remove the stigma around hearing aids and make them "cooler". There is a massive market for people with hearing loss that don't seek treatment because of the way hearing aids are perceived.

That's what I'm betting on. If this was just about making headphones cool it wouldn't be such a big deal, but the hearing aid market is ripe for disruption and hearables provide that opportunity.

•••
Got low $xxx offer for Holoble(.)com. Might be the owner of the plural domain, if I have to guess.

or Holo + BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy devices) Your's is better than the plural. as it has a reference to Bluetooth. will Holo Devices ever go Bluetooth? if it's mobile it will. Plus it's other use is as a brandable.

so you've got two things working for you.

Good job!

•••
Thanks. Yes, I agree that the plural Wearables is better at end of a keyword combo. Although, we have sold several with the Wearables+Keyword combo.

I agree "CheapWearables.com" is a good domain as that is one of ours.
Thanks. Yes, I agree that the plural Wearables is better at end of a keyword combo. Although, we have sold several with the Wearables+Keyword combo.

I agree "CheapWearables.com" is a good domain as that is one of ours.

really? can you give examples of your Wearables + keyword sales? I have some. Thought it was a mistake but couldn't resist.

•••
•••
was checking out if 360wearable.com was available. and it was taken. Chinese! good to know the Chinese are investing in such domains.

although 360wearable.com points to qq360.com

•••
Reading thru here tonight, got me to look and grab another wearable name. Just regged - GestureWearables.com. Looks like someone dropped it. It'll be a nice accent to our GestureWear.com.

i've noticed too many many "wearables" domain that "at first glance" compared to similar keywords accompanying the keyword "wearables" looked like they should be winners but then on second look using domaintools find out they were all dropped.

and believe me these were better than some that were mentioned on here. question is why people let these "wearables" domains drop? why didn't they sell?

and why after they expired weren't they snatched up at auction?

I skipped these domains over after finding out they were dropped but might wait for the next 99 cent special to hand reg again.

would this be a bad idea? since they were dropped and no one including the "pros" on here whom I know for a fact watch the expireds daily did not bid on them at expired auctions?

Last edited:
•••
i've noticed too many many "wearables" domain that "at first glance" compared to similar keywords accompanying the keyword "wearables" looked like they should be winners but then on second look using domaintools find out they were all dropped.

and believe me these were better than some that were mentioned on here. question is why people let these "wearables" domains drop? why didn't they sell?

and why after they expired weren't they snatched up at auction?

I skipped these domains over after finding out they were dropped but might wait for the next 99 cent special to hand reg again.

would this be a bad idea? since they were dropped and no one including the "pros" on here whom I know for a fact watch the expireds daily did not bid on them at expired auctions?

Its hard to answer when i dont know what is the question.

•••
Its hard to answer when i dont know what is the question.

Is it a good idea to reregister dropped wearables domains?

•••
Is it a good idea to reregister dropped wearables domains?

Well, it depends on the domain :)
Im regging dropped domains all the time in different niches, but do your research first and try to predict if there will be a need for such a name.

•••
•••
•••
Well not really looked too much into hearables but took the plunge and reg'd:

Hearable Wear (.com)
Hearable Shop (.com)
Hearable Store (.com)

Probably not a good idea registering a domain without fully understanding a niche, but from the little I know the domains seem to make sense lol.
I only got HearableDevice.com But i love the Shop & Store

•••
•••
Sold fit\wearable in king for mid xxx

•••
•••
•••
•••
noticed you are very successful with afternic BIN's ..:)

I recently moved most of my names to the afternic sales pages and added them to the increased exposure. Seems to have helped.

•••
I recently moved most of my names to the afternic sales pages and added them to the increased exposure. Seems to have helped.

Explain? you use afternic as landers?

•••
Have a look at thinvr.com

Using AN.1.NAMESERVER.IO would can forward your domain to the afternic sales lander without ads. Although you do not get parking stats or parking revenue.

•••
I think more sales come from the parntership platforms though rather than a BIN on the sales lander. For me maybe 75%/25% in favour of partner sales.

•••
Have a look at thinvr.com

Using AN.1.NAMESERVER.IO would can forward your domain to the afternic sales lander without ads. Although you do not get parking stats or parking revenue.

just moved mine to efty , but it looks like BIN works for you &afternic.

congrats!

•••
I have some names on efty too, like iotdirector.com
I am hoping I sell names through my efty site too. Have sold through it previously but not in the last 2 months.

•••
cttwu5U.png

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back