Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wondering what the general thoughts are about whether the recent trend to legalize marijuana will boost the prices of pot-related domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My friends told me "loud" is the term for marijuana..
Got loudweed.com, loudmarijuana.com and loudpot.com

•••
ya, register everything with "loud"

J

•••
•••
•••
Loud
I live in the marijuana capital of the world, and that is the funniest term I have ever heard. Like previous post said ya, register everything with loud :D
I dont even have the heart to register 2 marihuana names. And it is spelled wit an H quitefrequently. Can just imagine how many marihuan names are gonna get reg'd without even thinking. Go godaddy ching ching
I am getting so bored with the latest craze I dont even have the heart, for .99 cents to register two killer marihuana names
But I am gonna invest in BudFm love that .com
Don't forget pothead people, mybe ThePotheadAcademy...
How bout for a pot party register BudRave dot com
Lets see some sales folks...

•••
What is your deal? We come here to have fun and learn. If you are so busy counting money, how do you have time to play keyboard oracle to us here? Just because you have your BudFM.com means nothing to anyone else (which I am still trying to see your value in). Is that a radio show? Can you communicate without spewing? Its just a forum.

BTW, Amsterdam is considered such. Been there, done that. :beer:

Last edited:
•••
Loud
I live in the marijuana capital of the world, and that is the funniest term I have ever heard. Like previous post said ya, register everything with loud :D
I dont even have the heart to register 2 marihuana names. And it is spelled wit an H quitefrequently. Can just imagine how many marihuan names are gonna get reg'd without even thinking. Go godaddy ching ching
I am getting so bored with the latest craze I dont even have the heart, for .99 cents to register two killer marihuana names
But I am gonna invest in BudFm love that .com
Don't forget pothead people, mybe ThePotheadAcademy...
How bout for a pot party register BudRave dot com
Lets see some sales folks...

Funny for you ! But not in my hood...google search loud weed. Thx

•••
Funny for you ! But not in my hood...google search loud weed. Thx

I'd google it but no need. Take it from someone who knows quite a bit on the subject...loud is not a well known term in the community.

I see no harm in registering a few pot related domains but your best bet would be to scour the aftermarket for deals :imho:

•••
happy with my reg's - would like one more with keyword ie: bar/cafe/lounge/club

FX

Last edited:
•••
Like everything on the planet it will boil down to two main companies and a third being a group. So after you exhausted your name sales to 3 customers your out of it and stuck with a name you may as well smoke.

•••
After reading some of the posts, I can't help but think that people are
not aware of how HUGE this market is!

It's bigger than any of the "Show me your whatever names" AND
it has been, and will be - around for a lot longer than any of the "show me your whatever names"
it's not a trend. :blink:

•••
I'll stir the pot a little (heh): Don't forget Bongs.

•••
I think the main issue we all have to deal with is finding the universal language to do with this area, lots of different names for different things are being brought to the table, the one's that are known globally will have a better chance of selling.

Last edited:
•••
Got this from the urban dictionary y'all

1. loud 1209 up, 492 down
A slang term for marijuana of high quality. The word was originated in the eastside of Atlanta, zone 6.

"Man we blew a whole pack of loud last night dog"

"If you're lookin' for me just sniff you can find me where that loud at"

"I bought a elbow of loud for four bills"

If anyone doesnt know what an elbow is, it means a pound
Maybe LoudCookies.com...thats a winner
My apologies for not seeing the value in loudweeddomains.
I have alot to learn,

Maybe I should en roll in the ganja academy lol

•••
Until it can be shipped legally like any other E-commerce product I'm afraid the domains will remain useless and unused, and worthless.

•••

It's bigger than any of the "Show me your whatever names" AND
it has been, and will be - around for a lot longer than any of the "show me your whatever names"
it's not a trend. :blink:

...If it is not a trend, it may, MAY, be a ground floor...

It is the stuff that speculation is made of...

•••
srry

Last edited:
•••
No negativity here syncopy, I'm just being down to earth (and most important, not smoking :)). I'm a domain seller, not a domain collector.

Domains that you can't use because they relate to illegal things are worthless, and end users are not going buy domains that they can't use to drive revenue...

How many sales have you made yet following the followers ?

•••
sorry Kate I stand corrected, I'm still learning and got caught in the moment.... comment retracted.

•••
Domains that you can't use because they relate to illegal things are worthless, and end users are not going buy domains that they can't use to drive revenue...

I see your point, however what is illegal in one country is legal in another.

Last edited:
•••
No negativity here syncopy, I'm just being down to earth (and most important, not smoking :)). I'm a domain seller, not a domain collector.

...and time has a way of changing things, as Colorado and Washington State has led the way at the polls. Starting with bona fide medical reasons, it's use is permitted in an ever growing number of States. The Federal government may join the 21st century in recognizing the validity of medical and industrial cannabis, and the differences between the two.

The push to legalize the farming of industrial hemp in the United States is gaining momentum as well as more and more legislators are seeing the benefits of its production in terms of enhancing the economy for their respective States. Jobs will be created and the economy will be stronger because of it, as tens of thousands of uses are attributed to industrial hemp. It is legal to get industrial hemp from countries that allow its production yet we can't produce it here? This may change very soon.

The real point is that this is indeed speculative and people investing in the various domain names are indeed speculating, but I see real progress on the horizon and the era of William Randolph Hearst and his disinformation to make this viable and useful plant illegal finally fading into the sunset of history where it properly belongs...

•••
•••
Until it can be shipped legally like any other E-commerce product I'm afraid the domains will remain useless and unused, and worthless.

I can see the shipping currently being an issue.

But Canada is on the same page for legalization [cough]
Medical use and Dispensaries are already here.

I guess it's in what we know/believe and the groups
we are around. In Toronto I didn't see/hear as much about it
but here in BC - more people toke than smoke or drink.

It's a viable product:
" there are 4 million daily marijuana users, 6.1 million "heavy" users, and 16.7 million regular users. "
and this is from 2009 http://www.oas.samhsa.gov/NSDUH/2k9NSDUH/2k9Results.htm
so add about a million, or more since then.

The domains, will not be useless and unused,
the proper domains will be very well used, and there will be a lot of them ;)

•••
I see your point, however what is illegal in one country is legal in another.

it's not even that. What is legal in one state is not legal in the state's country. Shipping across state lines could well be a Felony (even walking across state lines in possession). The distribution laws are going to be complicated and so that does limit your market.

Advice to all:

Make sure you put something like "For the domain weedxxx.com" in your paypal invoice (just so we can all see what happens).

I don't believe the market is as HUGE as people think and there is a better risk of shrinking product choice vs growing choice with legalization.

Decriminalizing would have left a much brighter future than trying the legalizing approach, imho. (Though it could solve the fiscal cliff tax revenues questions )

---------- Post added at 02:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 AM ----------

HappyTimes.TV is dropping :)

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back