Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wondering what the general thoughts are about whether the recent trend to legalize marijuana will boost the prices of pot-related domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Happy new year everyone :)

I snatched this one after it dropped yesterday (of course more suitable for development than fast resale because of hyphen and extension)

Medical-Marijuana.info

•••
Shipping across state lines could well be a Felony (even walking across state lines in possession). The distribution laws are going to be complicated and so that does limit your market.

Agreed!

When pot is legal, because it will be, there will be an age restriction like alcohol. Not saying online distribution will be impossible but very difficult and risky. Maybe the money will be in partnering online users with local dispensaries? That's the best bet to get around actual shipping and still allows for physical delivery of the smoke!

•••
ive bought beer online in 2 different states.. shipping is not a problem. the USPS doesnt allow it i dont think but Fedex and UPS do.

Until it can be shipped legally like any other E-commerce product I'm afraid the domains will remain useless and unused, and worthless.

nah, think more like pizza delivery. most people dont ship that but a lot of pizza places still have websites. when its legal most places shipping will probably not be a common thing because itll be available everywhere.

•••
When pot is legal, because it will be, there will be an age restriction like alcohol. Not saying online distribution will be impossible but very difficult and risky.
Maybe the money will be in partnering online users with local dispensaries? That's the best bet to get around actual shipping and still allows for physical delivery of the smoke!
A bit like when you order a gun, it should transit through an FFL holder :)
At least pot is easier and less expensive to ship than beer or firearms.

•••
A bit like when you order a gun, it should transit through an FFL holder :)
At least pot is easier and less expensive to ship than beer or firearms.

I wonder if the need for shipment will exist?

If it's legalized it will be available at every liquor store in town. I also imagine that every strand under the sun will be within arms reach.

The "pizza" type delivery service could be huge though. I may have to open and franchise The Pizza and Pot Parlor. Get a pizza and a bag in less than 30 mins :lol:

•••
I wonder if the need for shipment will exist?

If it's legalized it will be available at every liquor store in town. I also imagine that every strand under the sun will be within arms reach.

The "pizza" type delivery service could be huge though. I may have to open and franchise The Pizza and Pot Parlor. Get a pizza and a bag in less than 30 mins :lol:

Pot might be on the pizza by then, potpizza.com with ganjabread.com to go........

•••
And I see that potparlor.com was registered by a domainer last August, which BTW was before this thread was even started.

•••
And I see that potparlor.com was registered by a domainer last August, which BTW was before this thread was even started.

I took the plural right after my post and before seeing yours :hehe:

•••
Just noticed that potpizza.com was reg'd 7th december....

Last edited:
•••
the delivery services already exists.. in fact most of the dispensaries operate as delivery only now down here.. so you can order some cookies, brownies, etc with your bag..

•••
Potpie has been legal for a very long time! :lol:

Just say no to drugs!

•••
•••
the delivery services already exists.. in fact most of the dispensaries operate as delivery only now down here.. so you can order some cookies, brownies, etc with your bag..
Same here. Can't help but think there will be a "growing" opportunity with any service related to pot though.

•••
I had ganjapizza on my list to reg - it was taken yesterday - congrats to the new owner...I wanted that one ...lol

•••
I had ganjapizza on my list to reg - it was taken yesterday - congrats to the new owner...I wanted that one ...lol

Sorry mate, that might have been me mentioning potpizza.com yesterday....

My last reg -

PotGurus

•••
Sorry mate, that might have been me mentioning potpizza.com yesterday....

My last reg -

PotGurus

no probs :) I should've regged it a few days back.

I own potguru :)

•••
Since I am not registering any more (aftermarket one on the way), another one is available to reg if anyone likes -

PotTribe.com

nice name too........

Last edited:
•••
•••
anyone got a two keyword .com ending with shop for sale buying one $high xxx to low xxxx

•••
...I'm beginning to think that not everybody wants a strong medicinal marijuana so I went lite(all dot com):

MarijuanaLite
CannabisLite

I think it makes for a good medicinal blend for those that want relief of their ailments without the powerful contraindications that some people may not want or desire...

•••
•••
•••
...I'm beginning to think that not everybody wants a strong medicinal marijuana so I went lite(all dot com):

MarijuanaLite
CannabisLite

I think it makes for a good medicinal blend for those that want relief of their ailments without the powerful contraindications that some people may not want or desire...

what, shwag? ;) weed is already lite enough, you get hash if you want the concentrated version. wax, budder, bubblehash, honeycomb, crumble, shatter, blah blah etc.. but who knoes what gimmicks will be a hit - which doesnt always necessarily translate into the domain being worth a ton

•••
...which doesnt always necessarily translate into the domain being worth a ton

...not necessarily a ton, but worth a kilo($xxxx) may be enough for some...and it's brandable...

•••
...not necessarily a ton, but worth a kilo($xxxx) may be enough for some...and it's brandable...

I think MJN is just saying, be careful, there are many many terms for herb. Registering a bunch of domains which contain a related word will most likely result in a loss!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back