IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wondering what the general thoughts are about whether the recent trend to legalize marijuana will boost the prices of pot-related domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Your going to struggle with Marijuana in your domain front , it's on the no no list, on both seo, and social media.

Curious what you mean, here--especially the SEO part.

•••
Social media, seo, and localized regulatiions outright ban the use of Pot advertising. It's not that seo doesn't work it's that your headline ( company name is not accessible )

They do it under the " schedule 1 " storyline.

Apparently canna, and Leaf, weed and localized use of Marijuana keywords are acceptable. Example

Ohio, Billboard signs say " hydroponic" , drive over the border Marijuana is acceptable.

Facebook and it's keywords don't register Marijuana for example.

Trademarks are similarly tricky. There are some " state " marks issued, but federally none with direct contact with Marijuana. Leafly, and leaflink.Com got marks thru the idea were the information we don't handle the product .

That's the brilliance in " Leaf " and "Canna", with a hands off federal approach on existing laws on banking and trademarks on Schedule #1. Nothings happening fast.

Others can chime in here, but the spefic troubling word here is Marijuana.

That being said Marijuana.Com " powered by weedmaps.Com "

Last edited:
•••
•••
Thx for expanding.

I was particularly confused because you said "marijuana" is on the "no no list" for SEO, but marijuana is a valuable and readily searchable keyword. If you can rank a site for the term marijuana (good luck, it's crazy competitive), then your site will be discoverable to those searches, regardless of whether or not your site contains the word "marijuana" or "marijuana" is a keyword in your query.

Source: am an SEO expert, have sites ranked with "marijuana" in the URL, and for keywords that contain the phrase "marijuana." :)

In your earlier post, did you mean SEM, or search engine marketing (adwords, etc)?

•••
Okay, here's my go at this.

"Facebook bans all content that promotes Marijuana use, Google rejects nearly all pot related ads" Boston Globe, March 01, 2017.

Federal laws
Make it illegal to buy any adds for a illegal Schedule #1 drug, such as print .

" Media companies, not regulaters..reject ads, this is regularly done" Boston Herald.

Billboard ads" clear channel " are one of the few venues, as seen in Michigan.

Legal States
It's a state by state thing. But if the server is crossing state lines, obviously this changes things. Although that's my personal opinion.
If a company based in Legal Colorado they can't say advertise in Connecticut, the laws by state apply.

Postal Service
They refer to law inforcement for all mail that they see involving a schedule #1. Anything, print, advertising.
That being said High Times is delivered.

" Facebook made a exception for advocating the legalized use of Marijuana"

" many substitute herb and other pot synonyms" Boston Globe

Many use " influencers" to get around this on social media.

The above being said, because of no new changes in any Marijuana laws, Sessions .
And the act in place by Obama...status quo means . Marijuana is a no no, I'm guessing Weed and Pot.

Herb, Canna, Leaf- these are A + in their use and apparently widespread use on Leafly.Com and Cannabrands.com, and Leaflink.com

Last edited:
•••
Here are few mines :

1. GodOfHemp.com
  2. GodOfMarijuana.com
  3. PerfectMJ.com
  4. THCNewOrleans.com
  5. WeedConsumers.com

•••
•••
420Delish.com
Accepting offers as well if anyone is interested via PM :)

•••
Thinking some marijuana/cannabis/etc would work great in (dot)org..for example pro or con about marijuana, medical uses..

Any thoughts?

•••
Thinking some marijuana/cannabis/etc would work great in (dot)org..for example pro or con about marijuana, medical uses..

Any thoughts?

Generally speaking, in the absence of the Com, the more premium the name, the more net/org are likely to be about the same, IMO.

Mj related names geared toward the medical side, Org can indeed be more viable, and often better than Net, but it just depends on the name, and it's usage, as with any other niche.

Again, IMO. Others here may feel differently.

•••
Canabis.org (not my sale)
$1,121 USD
Sedo

•••
looks like canabis .org just sold for 1k+
didn't realize a typo .org could do this price
but its a special kinda typo I guess
.net version is old too
even .biz is few years old!

I own canabis .info
maybe its worth a renewal fee aftr all.
:)

Last edited:
•••
•••
Hello NP. Been a while since I have posted. I decided to try and develop one of my domain names. Trying to start an Ecommerce using shopify. Please review my site and advise if you feel this is a good idea and the overall look of the site. I'm not done yet; however, would love to hear everyone's feedback. Cheers.

https://theganjajoint.myshopify.com/

•••
•••
On DNJ today

CannabisMedicinal.com
$29,380
Sedo

•••
...Potcoin in da news...

Dennis Rodman is doing weed diplomacy in North Korea

The NBA Hall of Famer isn’t on an official mission, but he’s being sponsored on his trip by a cryptocurrency called Potcoin, which processes payments from weed dispensaries.

https://news.vice.com/story/dennis-rodman-is-doing-weed-diplomacy-in-north-korea?utm_source=vicefbus

Rediculious

That being said it got me thinking. There's going to be a entire separate banking system of private equity funding the rollout as well as transactional day to day monetized transactions.

One more category, I have a lot already.

Picked up today:
Leafmoney.com
Leafstocks.com

In another note, article in The cannabis news, that was then picked up by business weekly. Industry is projected to go to 70 billion, It's at 16.

There was also some Sessions negativity as well with a letter asking for " federal powers " to be restored for federal powers in mmj. Who knows with this Trump stuff.

•••
Rediculious

That being said it got me thinking. There's going to be a entire separate banking system of private equity funding the rollout as well as transactional day to day monetized transactions.

JuanaFundMe (com)

•••
On DNJ today

CannabisMedicinal.com
$29,380
Sedo

Hold on. So no one is batting an eye to this reported sale? CannabisMedicinal seems so awkward to me. I guess it could make sense to a Spanish buyer. But it seems steep.

I could maybe understand medicinalcannabis.com selling for that much. If the sale is legit, the seller just hit the jackpot. (no pun intended) Anyone care to share some insight?

•••
Hold on. So no one is batting an eye to this reported sale? CannabisMedicinal seems so awkward to me. I guess it could make sense to a Spanish buyer. But it seems steep.

I could maybe understand medicinalcannabis.com selling for that much. If the sale is legit, the seller just hit the jackpot. (no pun intended) Anyone care to share some insight?

Googling it, I do see a www.cannabismedicinal.com.ar/

So that's a possible buyer

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
Cannabis medicinal.

Argentina buyer, no doubt. If it isnt our domains have just gone up...way up. It's not that good.
The market is becoming global. And theirs no shortage of money nonetheless.
I see this on equipment, guys spending with little regard, layering leds...and hps....for example. The reason they spend is because they know the return.
I've said this before....once the industry gets going. A few bucks in a url is chump change. That being said I just priced my inventory ( going live July) at between $2500 and $12,500. I bundle, average of 2.5 domains per. I'm strictly into seo....keywords.

29grand. For a marginal domain seems like a jackpot. Mine are going out at a tenth of that. And over half my inventory is equal to better than Cannabis medicinal. Com

I'm going on the idea of volume on street levels. Hundreds of thousands of new businesses will open in the next year looking for domains in this cannabis gold rush.

Last edited:
•••
Is Pot dot direct worth renewing? renewal is $107.99. Got it to resell. Had some inquiries however no solid offers. I guess I could renew and sell at low price to get something back.

I value this threads opinion. What do you think?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back