IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wondering what the general thoughts are about whether the recent trend to legalize marijuana will boost the prices of pot-related domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
On DNJ today

CannabisMedicinal.com
$29,380
Sedo

...Not too shabby, that may lead to interest in some of my Spanish industry-related domain names:

Cannabis Medico
Marijuana Medica
Marijuana Medico

all in the king...

•••
canna-logo.png

•••
Just registered recently
420pride.ca
buyhashish.ca

Just my opinion (and sure no expert on that extension)
Pot (dot) direct is a great 3 character keyword name @Mlebo

•••
hempprotein.biz
smokeweed.biz
potplantseeds.com
medicalusesofcannabis.com
daggaplant.com

Last edited:
•••
Many of the above names are a long term plays at best. Sure they may sell with great promotion, but traditional .com rules apply. No -, biz, non keyword, better be great if its 3 words, the basics.

And be very careful on regionals.

Example

Buckeyegrowers.com
Ohio only has issued 27 permitted vertical cannabis operations.

Buckeyecanna.com
Buckeyemmj.com
* I think have both? Not sure though..and it's a long shot if i do.

The above may sell first. At best, and where there's a monopoly ( like Ohio) there's little need to attract attention when your a monopoly, so unless you have the key names, your waiting for a shift in Ohio politics . A Long Long game.

Unlike say in California whereas there's tens of thousands of permitted cannabis everything expected.

I personally only have keyword domains. And I study industries spefic..to Cannabis.

Being a cut flower grower and now in cannabis equipment manufacture I specialize in what I know I like dogs so I have lots of canna pet care as well. Again a long game....plan.

I'm no pro, just my 2 cents. In the end its about quality. Sure a great industry, but people ( end users ) will register bad names for .99 cent...not buy them for thousands, unless it's rockstar.

Best of luck.

Last edited:
•••
•••

...nice to know. Another country marching into the 21st century...

Mexico Officially Legalizes Medical Marijuana

June 19 -

Today, Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto officially published a bill that makes medical marijuana available and legal in Mexico. The historic change in policy for this critical Latin American nation marks another country that has welcomed cannabis as an important tool for healing the sick.

On Friday, April 28, Mexico’s lower house in parliament overwhelmingly passed the bill with a 374-7 vote. It was then up to the leader of the country to officially sign and turn it into law, which the President finally executed today.

In December of last year, the bill received incredible support from the Mexican Senate, with a yes vote of 98-7.

The recent passing of the bill in parliament was publicly endorsed by Mexico’s Secretary of Health, Dr. José Narro Robles, who stated: “I welcome the adoption of the therapeutic use of cannabis in Mexico.”

https://www.marijuana.com/news/2017/06/mexico-officially-legalizes-medical-marijuana/

•••
We've been waiting for Mexico to sign this into action. With Canada leading the charge, Mexico now pulling the trigger is the catalyst that the cannabis industry needed for global growth and acceptance. It also helps our pricing and movement on our two Mexico tlds: Indica.mx & Sativa.mx! We've been actively marketing prior to the legalization, but have finally started to receive noted traction since early this morning on inquiries. Although we're not high on anything not (.com), we've been holding long on these two category-defining, industry niche domains! We'll notify the board when they sell and for how much.

•••
•••
•••
I have BuenoMarijuana for Mexico.

Update on the .ca front I have a 2k deal in escrow atm. MJ related ofc.

PS- I own zero "leaf" keyword domains. Just sayin... :)

Last edited:
•••
BOTANIZER dot COM Definition: To investigate or explore plant life.
HERBALIST dot SHOP Definition: A dealer in medicinal herbs.
HERBALIST dot STORE Definition: A dealer in medicinal herbs.
HERBARIST dot COM Definition: A therapist who heals by the use of herbs.

•••
•••
What has been best sponsor for herbs? Any white label options? Any affiliate programs worth checking out? Last time i looked into it some time ago you needed to be licensed to thrill ( a doctor) before even becoming a reseller.

Last edited:
•••
I have BuenoMarijuana for Mexico.

Update on the .ca front I have a 2k deal in escrow atm. MJ related ofc.

PS- I own zero "leaf" keyword domains. Just sayin... :)
Nice..do you have a lot of (dot)ca's ?

Congrats on the impressive sale!

•••
•••
Is Pot dot direct worth renewing? renewal is $107.99. Got it to resell. Had some inquiries however no solid offers. I guess I could renew and sell at low price to get something back.

I value this threads opinion. What do you think?

I sent you a PM and if you like I offered you another LLL in a shorter extension ;)

•••
Is Pot dot direct worth renewing? renewal is $107.99. Got it to resell. Had some inquiries however no solid offers. I guess I could renew and sell at low price to get something back.

I value this threads opinion. What do you think?
I hope it is. Not sure. I have Pot dot Group ($45/yr)

•••
I just Dropped pottheplant.com never got round to doing anything with it.

•••
I hope it is. Not sure. I have Pot dot Group ($45/yr)
I renewed. The need for domains should grow over the next year.

•••
Massachusetts

Almost a done deal
" interpretation on the legislature level"

Taxes
%12 to %28
This is more in line with Colorado and Washington State and Oregon. Almost all the revenue goes into " education and regulation " I was thinking that the Opeiod...problem was in theory being funded by cannabis revenues .

6 plants per individual to12 plants aggregreate in home grow.

Stores
Was " vague and unlimited " now It is up to local municipal towns and cities to decide. Although it's a yes, or no...there was a discussion of 2 for every 10 alcohol. This was dropped.
In the end off the day, looks like a tremendous volume of retail stores. Pending the " opt out " for local governments. I'm presuming they opt out of revenue that is at %2.9 for local taxes.

Authority
Separate " new " regulatory body to deal with cannabis laws and revenue collection.

July 2018 rollout, permitting beginning in Jan 2018.

The new regulatory body will no doubt emulate permitting like Michigan. Unlimited everything ( pending local). It's unclear as to exactly what will be permitted, obviously extract companies to growers to testing labs and retail store's.

One conclusion on all of the above is a ballot initiative approved in 2016 takes 1.5 years to reach street levels. The other is my feeling that this Fall reaching into the winter 2018 will be a domain bonanza for all of us with quality inventories.

Last edited:
•••
Massachusetts
Correction

The Senate sent a approved " edit " to the House. That re wrote a " new bill " it passed 9pm last night .expected to be signed by 30 June by the governer.

New Bill

Tax
%12 what the voters approved. Not %28

Unlimited stores . No local municipal towns and or cities can reject stores.

" This created a situation in other cities where bad neighborhoods were inundated with pot shops "

So game on..In Massachusetts. Unlimited is a good word for domains. Like amazing

Last edited:
•••
I have a 2k sale moving it's way slowly through escrow- a GD expired name from last August, bidding got to $296 I think. A ridiculous name to drop, imo. The guy must have died or something. Sorry to see it leave my account but needing the $ for reinvestment, got my fingertips on a killer CBD name.
Efty inquiry- initial offer of $70
Countered $2500
they countered $1800
we settled at 2k

Now that it is in escrow I can see it is almost certainly an enduser and money was left on the table... wouldn't be the first time, but at least the deal is closing and not evaporating.

Last edited:
•••
I have a 2k sale moving it's way slowly through escrow- a GD expired name from last August, bidding got to $296 I think. A ridiculous name to drop, imo. The guy must have died or something. Sorry to see it leave my account but needing the $ for reinvestment, got my fingertips on a killer CBD name.
Efty inquiry- initial offer of $70
Countered $2500
they countered $1800
we settled at 2k

Now that it is in escrow I can see it is almost certainly an enduser and money was left on the table... wouldn't be the first time, but at least the deal is closing and not evaporating.

...wouldn't be surprised if it was one of mine. I dropped a few golden nuggets being sloppy but that's the way the ball bounces...

•••
Yeah you're right, you don't have to die to drop golden nuggets. I've been sloppy and busy and lost great names before, too (FrackingJobs.com).
If it was yours, thanks!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back