Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wondering what the general thoughts are about whether the recent trend to legalize marijuana will boost the prices of pot-related domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I thought you sold two domains for 75k ea last year?

I think the biggest was marijuana.com for 4.2mill.

Also i think someone mentioned Rosener just sold goodweed.com for 50k, not sure if it's official yet. Last i looked it was still under his company name.

Anyways big sales for many of us are right around the corner, digital marketing and retail is only getting bigger.
Marijuana.com was an active forum with over a million users when it sold. Much more than just a domain name.

Rosner simply listed goodweed for $50k, it hasn't sold.

Any mid 5 figure deal is great!

•••
Why do you guys post the domains you purchase every time? Your alerting other domainers (competition) that there may be some dns dropping or soon to be releasing? Think

How does this indicate there are names dropping and how do domainers know whether the names were bought from a drop, aftermarket, auction etc

The only thing other domainers are being alerted about is that you have just grabbed/bought a great new name (or crap name) and they wont be getting it anytime soon :D

•••
^ It gives me an opportunity to post something and get my website that's attached to my signature another notch in the google search index. The more post, the more presence and another step up the ladder in search results. And, the domains I'm posting may show up in a keyword search that would show me as the registered owner. If you type Marijuana Niche in google, its page one.

•••
MarijuanaDigital in expiration auction on GD right now.. 45 min left, current high bid is $25

•••
^ It gives me an opportunity to post something and get my website that's attached to my signature another notch in the google search index. The more post, the more presence and another step up the ladder in search results. And, the domains I'm posting may show up in a keyword search that would show me as the registered owner. If you type Marijuana Niche in google, its page one.

FWIW [edit: for what it's worth], signatures are only visible to logged-in users and are not indexed by Michael Googlé. :guilty:

Last edited:
•••
Belay my last. I've been schooled. But I do post in many places with domain in actual post. That's what I was after tho. And, no clue what fwiw is...... lol

•••
Marijuana.com was an active forum with over a million users when it sold. Much more than just a domain name.

Rosner simply listed goodweed for $50k, it hasn't sold.

Any mid 5 figure deal is great!

Nope they stated they paid for Marijuana.com for the domain, the site was a bonus but not the deal maker.

I'm trying to find the interview i read.

Here is a nice breakdown by Mr Berkens, still looking for the interview i read a while back.

http://www.thedomains.com/2012/01/0...down-payment-other-findings-from-sec-filings/

The reports do outline the content and forum memberships but i know i read an interview where they stated it was the domain that interested them most.

"Rosner simply listed goodweed for $50k, it hasn't sold." thanks for the clarification

Last edited:
•••
Nope they stated they paid for Marijuana.com for the domain, the site was a bonus but not the deal maker.

I'm trying to find the interview i read.
That would make no sense. They still have the active forum which was clearly part of the deal. Their claim would be valid if they took down the content and dismantled the pre-existing user base...

As if 1 million plus existing users/customers wasn't factored in, lol.

•••
That would make no sense. They still have the active forum which was clearly part of the deal. Their claim would be valid if they took down the content and dismantled the pre-existing user base...

As if 1 million plus existing users/customers wasn't factored in, lol.

Man im not lying im trying to find the interview where this question was asked, i do agree the traffic is a bonus but they did state that it was the domain name that interested them most. You maybe correct but i'll keep digging.

•••
Man im not lying im trying to find the interview where this question was asked, i do agree the traffic is a bonus but they did state that it was the domain name that interested them most. You maybe correct but i'll keep digging.
I believe they said it but really?

I'm going to buy Facebook.com. I only want the domain but what the heck, I'll keep the billion existing users too ;)

•••
I believe they said it but really?

I'm going to buy Facebook.com. I only want the domain but what the heck, I'll keep the billion existing users too ;)

No you're right i just remembered them saying that. But after reading the details etc ofc they wanted the traffic so...

•••
So Kieth you keep on top of things do you know of any other xx,xxx - xxx,xxx mmj related sales?

•••
So Kieth you keep on top of things do you know of any other xx,xxx - xxx,xxx mmj related sales?
Only what gets reported...

•••
Why do you guys post the domains you purchase every time? Your alerting other domainers (competition) that there may be some dns dropping or soon to be releasing? Think
It's because forums like this are better served if it's a fellowship rather than bucks fighting over a doe.

•••
Hemp Inc statement
http://www.microcapdaily.com/hemp-inc-otcmktshemp-here-comes-the-season/17911/
"HEMP CEO is a colorful character named Bruce Perlowin who openly admits he spent 9 years in prison for drug smuggling. He says on his web site. “This is a dot.com explosion except there is a real product behind us, not air.."

It's interesting to see that they are also using the .TV TLD with their:
http://www.marijuanainc.tv/

IMHO, the names "Hemp Inc." and "Marijuana inc" are sure signs of an immature marketplace: If you compare MJ to the tech boom of the late 90's or before, there are no prominant players that exist today with "Software Inc" or Computer Inc" as their names... one reason being generic names are impossible to defend against trademark use.

•••
Cannabis Chai
Marijuana Chai
Marijuana Growing Supply - 23K google with quotes

•••
•••
•••

I don't think every domain is posted but this is really a thread that only a few people participate in, this site is about domains so what would this thread be if we didnt post a few domains?

Let the (competition) ride our coat tails we'll always be a step ahead. ;)

•••
FWIW [edit: for what it's worth], signatures are only visible to logged-in users and are not indexed by Michael Googlé. :guilty:

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q="MarijuanaNiche.Com 420ids|Mr420|BudStars|CannWear|Hemp.FM|AZHerb|MarijuanaHarvest|HempSeason|THCShack| SurplusVaporizers|WeedIDs"

Your on track Lee. Keep on rolling. Every word is indexed here, except for a few areas designed not too. No secrets

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q="Let the (competition) ride our coat tails we'll always be a step ahead."

Unfortunately some people take that one step ahead, then realize there domain name is not worth the .99 cents and take two steps back. I missed out on the singular of a dropping name, the plural is there, the singular net is there. To busy searching for possible premium hand reg domain names, not just the dollar, its the time I wasted searching for arcticseasmoke.com and all info on that topic, instead of doing my job. Well my hobby lol. Anyways time is money, maybe not alot for you personally but my time is valuable.
Now everyone go rush and register HempSails.com multi billion dollar business, the url is well indexed in this thread. HempSails.com available for 99 cents at godaddy. Can you google that sucker.

Your profile page is public too. I logged out and seen that smiling faceB-)

A few words of wisdom during these times of celebration

Last edited:
•••
Well, obviously it indexed pastor lee wiggins too. But, that ain't me. I am a Christian** and it is most certainly a time of celebration and a time to be thankful, but have no clue who that is. I did enjoy the message tho! :)

HempSails.Com googled page 1 entry 8 on my screen as namepros post

I actually think all the ones that don't type the full path to the domain are screwing themselves too. A guy is not gonna type marijuanaharvest/com or the other variations I see typed here to find the history on the name, he's gonna type marijuanaharvest.com we'll keep pluggin' for that one...lol

**that cusses like a sailor

Last edited:
•••
Well, obviously it indexed pastor lee wiggins too. But, that ain't me. I am a Christian and it is most certainly a time of celebration and a time to be thankful, but have no clue who that is. I did enjoy the message tho! :)

HempSails.Com googled page 1 entry 8 on my screen as namepros post

I actually think all the ones that don't type the full path to the domain are screwing themselves too. A guy is not gonna type marijuanaharvest/com or the other variations I see typed here to find the history on the name, he's gonna type marijuanaharvest.com we'll keep pluggin' for that one...lol

I would type

WhatisthehistoryoftheplantHempinnorthamericafrom1830to2015.com

•••
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q="MarijuanaNiche.Com 420ids|Mr420|BudStars|CannWear|Hemp.FM|AZHerb|MarijuanaHarvest|HempSeason|THCShack| SurplusVaporizers|WeedIDs"

Your on track Lee. Keep on rolling. Every word is indexed here, except for a few areas designed not too. No secrets

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q="Let the (competition) ride our coat tails we'll always be a step ahead."

Unfortunately some people take that one step ahead, then realize there domain name is not worth the .99 cents and take two steps back. I missed out on the singular of a dropping name, the plural is there, the singular net is there. To busy searching for possible premium hand reg domain names, not just the dollar, its the time I wasted searching for arcticseasmoke.com and all info on that topic, instead of doing my job. Well my hobby lol. Anyways time is money, maybe not alot for you personally but my time is valuable.
Now everyone go rush and register HempSails.com multi billion dollar business, the url is well indexed in this thread. HempSails.com available for 99 cents at godaddy. Can you google that sucker.

Your profile page is public too. I logged out and seen that smiling faceB-)

A few words of wisdom during these times of celebration

Is it bad that our posts get indexed?

•••
Anything you post here is searchable(except a few things) and it's stored in Google's index. Anything you don't want posted or found, don't post it. Most of my weed names are new and have no history so I type the names in to establish that, besides it's initial formation somebody or something has mentioned that domain. The more you post it, the more it climbs in googles pages. Post it everywhere, make comments on any site you visit, get seo reports on it.... You have a good name and want to get it out there...... post, post,post

That's how I think it works, I don't have any specific training, I have read alot that points me to that conclusion. And, the domains that I push make it to page one google in some form, maybe a namepros post, an auction where I will throw my website name in a comment, it works. But, the best in my opinion is Google Plus for posting. I do believe Google takes favor if you post there.

Last edited:
•••
Hey Duke, I don't think its bad, unless you don't want something to say to be read by anyone who can access the internet for perpetuity. It is good publicity, could be bad publicity. Some people divulge to much info, a phone number an email or a name I found a previous buyer on facebook toking on a big bong with just his name. And he was co owner of a property management company, with his brothers. To much info dude
If you got nothing to hide, don't care about the privacy issue, or your just to stoned to give a shit atm, this is great marketing tool, cheep publicity that gets alot of traffic, post away. Many sales and partnerships have started at places like this. Enemy's too though, whois info, a picture, I threatened my old boss I would put him on the manline if he didnt give me good apple picking. Endless emails from Sharon Sharon.. Like Lee pointed out the good things, there are bad too. Remember we cant edit posts like we used too. Once you put that name in the auction thread title or anywhere its now permanent.
Perpetuity says Mr. Wonderful.
A perpetuity is an annuity that has no end, or a stream of cash payments that continues forever
The internet is an electronic paper trail that lasts forever.

Back to business, a question for everyone. I have a hand reg one word 420 related .info in the cart,
should i pull the trigger, or is .info considered a mental health issue? Also have another .com that is brandable 420 as well as a person's first name. These were previously registered domain names so are they considered hand reg or expired names or considered dropped? Ya ya I know about the date of registration thing, its still early here. I have an alert, I better go

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back