IT.COM

discuss Showcase and Discuss 3D/4D/5D/6D/7D/8D/9D

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

IRON-MAN

Established Member
Impact
The future is not completely predicable and many things could change in the coming years. Chinese/Indian entrepreneurs are investing heavily into this market.

3Dprinting.com is the most valuable domain in my opinion at the moment in this type of tech. What do you think will be the next heavyweight domain in this tech?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Just 3,4,5, D names :)

4d-printing.com
4dprintershop.com
4dprintshop.com
4dprintstore.com
4dprintingservices.com
4dprinters.net
4dprinters.org
4dprint.org
4dprinter.eu
4dprint.eu
impresora4d.es
stampante4d.it
4dprinting.nl
4dprinters.nl
3dfilaments.nl
3dprinters.es
3dprinter.es

•••
ENGLISH
3d4k.top
3d8k.top
3dcinema.top
3desk.top
3dlap.top
3dfuture.top
3dglass.top

GERMAN
3dfilme.top
3druck.top
3dspiele.top

•••
•••
Some nice names on that list @DT13, always on point with tech names. You speak Spanish? I know you live in Holland. Have you had any success with .es names? I have one that I think should be of very much interest to some Spanish companies, contacted them but they showed no interest. Its a tech name with one word English term.

•••
I think 9D will be a big future tech expecially in the cinema, simulator & tv sector.

Below are some of my 9D collection relating to those niches:

9D Tvs.com
9D Simulators.com
9D Cinema.net
9D Tv.co.uk
9D Cinema.co.uk
9D Movies.net
9D Haptics.com

Last edited:
•••
Some nice names on that list @DT13, always on point with tech names. You speak Spanish? I know you live in Holland. Have you had any success with .es names? I have one that I think should be of very much interest to some Spanish companies, contacted them but they showed no interest. Its a tech name with one word English term.

Thanks!
I had some good offers xxxx and xxx for a few of them.
unfortunately i dont speak spanish,
and i own just 4 .es names. 3dprinter.es is my best.The name gets xxx offers but i think it wil be worth low mid xxxx.

•••
Not surprised at all you get offers on those names. Yes 3dprinter.es is a good one and should be in the low xxxx range. However I think the domain market in Spain is not as strong as in Germany or UK for example in terms of how much people are ready to pay for domains. I may be wrong in this assumption.

I do speak Spanish but not that it matters with these end users. Sent outbound emails both in English and Spanish but still waiting for an answer from them. This on a drone/uav name that is a category defining term.

•••
•••
sure wish 4d sales would pickup soon!

4DPRINTING.Co
:xf.smile:

•••
Didnt notice this thread til now, for 9d I only have:

9d Systems (com)

My 3d names Im mostly dropping :/

•••
•••
3DRealityGlass.com
3DRealityGlasses.com

•••
•••
3DprintedMR.com

Hope i dont need to explain.

•••
3DVR dot com is 10 x more valuable than VR3D dot com IMO. Describes that the VR is in 3D. The reverse doesn't make much sense, but of course it's better to have both for brand protection.

And I agree 5D through 10D and even 11D is all bullsh*t. Consumers can't keep up with it and those extra dimensions are never going to catch on IMO. Those terms will never catch....at least in the west.

Just be sure not to brush off 4D though. I've personally never heard of it being related to holographic tech as VRDommy described.

4D is already an industry that has existed probably since the 90s now and is predicted to become a multi-billion dollar industry this year. 4D specifically in the entertainment industry has traditionally meant physical motion and physical props like what The Void uses and Samsung's 4DVR Roller Coaster.

4D Cinemas are still selling tickets in the US and UK and it's only a matter of time before they go VR in one form or anotherr.

And 4D is even now being used to describe perceived physical motion like Samsung's 4D Entrim Headphones that use GVS technology. Also see VMocion.

I have 4DVRMovies dot com, 4DVRGames dot com, 4DVRCinema dot com and 4DVRArcade dot com to name a few.

There's no guarantee that GVS headphones will become popular, but I've got GVS Headphones dot com just in case.

So yeah I'm definitely betting on 4DVR....

I agree with predominantly most of what you said but don't be too quick to discount 9D which is already being heavily used in correlation to VR.

It is not only a big buzz word in Asia but a UK Haptic's company have been given quite a bit of funding to develope 9D technology. It has got quite a bit of UK media coverage.

VR Simulators are popping up now in most countries and are also carrying the 9D brand so I understand why people might disregard 5D - 11D but 9D is definately getting pushed hard.

•••
I agree with predominantly most of what you said but don't be too quick to discount 9D which is already being heavily used in correlation to VR.

It is not only a big buzz word in Asia but a UK Haptic's company have been given quite a bit of funding to develope 9D technology. It has got quite a bit of UK media coverage.

VR Simulators are popping up now in most countries and are also carrying the 9D brand so I understand why people might disregard 5D - 11D but 9D is definately getting pushed hard.

4D encompasses all the other dimensions, so there's no need to use the other terminologies, because it's confusing to consumers. 4D simply means physical elements.

From Wikipedia:

"...common [4D] chair effects include air jets, water sprays, and leg and back ticklers. Hall effects may include smoke, rain, lightning, air bubbles, and smell."

Also From Wikipedia:

"4D films have also occasionally been marketed as 5D, 6D, 7D, 8D, 9D, 11D, 15D and so on in order to emphasize the variety or uniqueness of their theatre effects"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4D_film

I don't see 9DVR becoming a popular terminology. People can't keep up with all of that.

•••
4D encompasses all the other dimensions, so there's no need to use the other terminologies, because it's confusing to consumers. 4D simply means physical elements.

From Wikipedia:

"...common [4D] chair effects include air jets, water sprays, and leg and back ticklers. Hall effects may include smoke, rain, lightning, air bubbles, and smell."

Also From Wikipedia:

"4D films have also occasionally been marketed as 5D, 6D, 7D, 8D, 9D, 11D, 15D and so on in order to emphasize the variety or uniqueness of their theatre effects"

I don't see 9DVR becoming a popular terminology. People can't keep up with all of that.

9D can work for china..

•••
9D can work for china..

Yes totally agree Elad that 9DVR is the big keyword being pushed in china.

I agree with @Winfluence that 4D covers the niches so why would there be any need for anything further, this was my logic also.

However when a UK company is given millions of pounds of research funding to develope their 9D TV technology I myself thought well maybe the term will be accepted by the western world.

Media coverage, reputable UK newspaper coverage is enough for me to think this might be a term to consider.

9D VR might never become big outside china so I am not suggesting everyone go registering domains based on this. I am just saying personally I am not ready to write off the term yet :)

•••

VR Simulators are popping up now in most countries and are also carrying the 9D brand so I understand why people might disregard 5D - 11D but 9D is definitely getting pushed hard.

If it's going to be as big as you say it is perhaps create a 9D thread and those 9D fans can follow along there. :xf.wink:

I agree with @Winfluence that 4D covers the niches so why would there be any need for anything further, this was my logic also.

However when a UK company is given millions of pounds of research funding to develope their 9D TV technology I myself thought well maybe the term will be accepted by the western world.

Media coverage, reputable UK newspaper coverage is enough for me to think this might be a term to consider.

9D VR might never become big outside china so I am not suggesting everyone go registering domains based on this. I am just saying personally I am not ready to write off the term yet :)

I agree. A lot of terms will be pushed in the early days of VR. It doesn't mean it will stick.

•••

From Wikipedia:

Also From Wikipedia:

4Dsmells and 4Dhomecinema here. Hope you are right.

•••
3DScreens.com & 3DVirtualGame.com

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back