IT.COM

debate Share your park revenue totals... with pictures plz.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

alcy

Top Member
Impact
im still kinda beginner to parking.. as in... know more than some... and less than some others ... type of deal.

that being said, I wanted to create this thread to showcase some general parking results these days... we probably shouldn't post actual names here or show them on pics.. but that's entirely up to you how much info you want to share..

at the minimum.. for this thread.. plz share a picture from your parking provider of totals earned per month... for as many months as you want of course.

I guess we shouldn't expect the big parking players to be showing their 3-5 figure per month revenues here.. but hopefully we get some intereating posts here and all learn something new from it..

please try to say roughly for how many parked domains your revenue is for... you can also share things like your costs to acquire those parked domains or if handregged etc.. you can also mention if they are zero click domains or regular tier1 ads... or which template you use.. or anything else u want to share..

then you can discuss anything relating to those pictures here.. ask poster for more detail.. etc... or some more general parking things too.. anything to help people learn about parking ...

I'll start in next post...

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
these are my results.. I was with PC before.. but seem to do bit better on bodis.. so I switched there few motnhs ago..

this is roughly for 30 revenue domains I own and park there..

they were to me roughly a 1k investment to buy .. so at this rate, looks like it'll take me a while to just get my money back :) oh well, live and learn I guess!!!

they are tier1 ads... except 2 domains on tier2 (google blocked)... but they are making only small portion of monthly revenue... maybe total of $2 per domain per month from tier2 revenue.

I am on the dark grey template for all. prefered dark blue.. but bodis eliminated/replaced it recently!

65465465.JPG

Last edited:
•••
I really like this thread. And your statistics are incredible, at least to me! I have nearly two thousand handregs within one year, but they generate nearly zero revenue, with about 50 uniques per day. So I want to ask, are yours all old ones?How come they have so much traffic?

Attachments

• @AU)T2`)@3[AMYQBAVLZE62.png
    @AU)T2`)@3[AMYQBAVLZE62.png
    15 KB · Views: 43
•••
Similarly to @alcy , I also tried most of the providers, but settled with Bodis, not huge income, but better than nothing, and received a few inquiries through Bodis + made a sale or two. bear in mind almost all my names are ccTLDs.

upload_2018-6-29_8-28-5.png

•••
Similarly to @alcy , I also tried most of the providers, but settled with Bodis, not huge income, but better than nothing, and received a few inquiries through Bodis + made a sale or two. bear in mind almost all my names are ccTLDs.
It would be helpful to know, how many domains?

•••
Great thread here. Looking forward to learn a lot. Would appreciate if members can add as much details as possible about the number of domains, extensions, age, factors that are helping them. That would add a lot of value to this thread.

Looking forward to this thread!!! Thanks @alcy for creating this.

•••
It would be helpful to know, how many domains?
Just over 100 domains.
Extract below for last 30 days. As I said, all are ccTLD (South Africa). Not massive amounts, but gives me an idea of which domains gets traffic...sometimes I see a pattern, sometimes it feels totally random...

upload_2018-6-29_9-24-55.png

•••
parking to me has become less desireable

for the declining income
I decided to send them to a for sale page instead
having just a handfull of domains parked

upload_2018-6-29_10-15-3.png

Last edited:
•••
Thanks @alcy

A few questions .

1) why do you have there only 30 names parked , i know u own many more .
2)do you also park elsewhere?
3) do u have a lander +parking and do u think parking damages the possiblity of an inquiry ?

Cheers

•••
Thanks @alcy

A few questions .

1) why do you have there only 30 names parked , i know u own many more .
2)do you also park elsewhere?
3) do u have a lander +parking and do u think parking damages the possiblity of an inquiry ?

Cheers

hi there

1- good question. as mentioned, those 30 domains were bougth by me (on namepros.. over last couple years) as revenue domains... I still greatly prefer sale landers for all my other domains.. because selling domains for most domainers is still more important than parking them. revenue wise. of course anyone can argue that a a parked page with sale banner is good enough and as good as sale lander... and I am not saying they are wrong.. so this is just my personal preference to have sale lander for my domains. I feel its more obvious to potential buyer. as you know many of my domains are VR, and thats a future tech so generally there wouldn't be much revenue there from ads.. at least not for now.. though suprisingly during some park tests I run on ALL my domains.. every now and then.. like I did few days ago.. you do get the odd click even on VR domains... example: a few days ago I had a 70cent single click on.... virtual reality camp....com

I now own just under 2k domains total. with constantly reevaluating my folio each year.. and improving it and dropping less potential domains.. so you are correct to say that if I put my whole folio on bodis.. I'd get few more clicks for sure.. but... it would not add up to more than say $5-10 per month imo... so for this reason I prefer they are on their own landers...

that being said.. its crucial to test your new regs or purchases (even if not bought or rgged for parking) for potential revenue.. even for parking beginners like me... cause sometimes we get lucky and reg a revenue domain. it's happened to me with 2 domains so far.. one .info and .co.. which make a few $ per month each. one day I hope to be able to reg domains for their parking potential... but I'm just not really tehre yet.

this is the reason why as I said.. now and then I test all my domains for few days.. just to see which get extra traffic or revenue

2-- I was with PC most time before... but I prefer bodis interface.. their "real time" revnue updates... and the fact I make few dollars more with them too... I also tried voodoo. which I didn't do well for me at all. so I always recommend you try those 3. then keep the best for u
different people have diff results.. depending on domains.. etc.

3----- as said in #1... I personally believe its clearer to potentail buyer if you just have lander.. versus parked page with banner. but you will get as many views on this as there are domainers.. and it can be argued either way all day long. so for this, you will just need to do what u feel is better.

Last edited:
•••
hi there

1- good question. as mentioned, those 30 domains were bougth by me (on namepros.. over last couple years) as revenue domains... I still greatly prefer sale landers for all my other domains.. because selling domains for most domainers is still more important than parking them. revenue wise. of course anyone can argue that a a parked page with sale banner is good enough and as good as sale lander... and I am not saying they are wrong.. so this is just my personal preference to have sale lander for my domains. I feel its more obvious to potential buyer. as you know many of my domains are VR, and thats a future tech so generally there wouldn't be much revenue there from ads.. at least not for now.. though suprisingly during some park tests I run on ALL my domains.. every now and then.. like I did few days ago.. you do get the odd click even on VR domains... example: a few days ago I had a 70cent single click on.... virtual reality camp....com

I now own just under 2k domains total. with constantly reevaluating my folio each year.. and improving it and dropping less potential domains.. so you are correct to say that if I put my whole folio on bodis.. I'd get few more clicks for sure.. but... it would not add up to more than say $5-10 per month imo... so for this reason I prefer they are on their own landers...

that being said.. its crucial to test your new regs or purchases (even if not bought or rgged for parking) for potential revenue.. even for parking beginners like me... cause sometimes we get lucky and reg a revenue domain. it's happened to me with 2 domains so far.. one .info and .co.. which make a few $ per month each. one day I hope to be able to reg domains for their parking potential... but I'm just not really tehre yet.

this is the reason why as I said.. now and then I test all my domains for few days.. just to see which get extra traffic or revenue

2-- I was with PC most time before... but I prefer bodis interface.. their "real time" revnue updates... and the fact I make few dollars more with them too... I also tried voodoo. which I didn't do well for me at all. so I always recommend you try those 3. then keep the best for u
different people have diff results.. depending on domains.. etc.

3----- as said in #1... I personally believe its clearer to potentail buyer if you just have lander.. versus parked page with banner. but you will get as many views on this as there are domainers.. and it can be argued either way all day long. so for this, you will just need to do what u feel is better.

Cheers mate .

•••
example... :

I am not sure about PC sale banners, but I know for a fact that bodis parked pages show the sale banner at the bottom ON MOBILE DEVICES.. after the ads..

and not on top of ads page... like they do on desktop/laptop visits to the page.

to me that is not so good for selling domains when banner is just all the way at the bottom... not highlighted or colored either... maybe if it was on top I'd keep more my domains on bodis parked pages.

•••
when parking domains you always have the risk of trademark issues
you never know when a trademark exists for a term in your domain
an a related ads shows up

you have no control over that

remember you could have austrian traffic
( not australien )

and that domain of yours may have "IT" in the name
shows a related ad for a ( fictive ) TM "iT" in austria for "icecoldTesticles"
who knows?

so parking is risky if you want to sell a domain
it's better to show a clean "for sale" page

Last edited:
•••
I am not sure about PC sale banners,

In case it helps,
with PC you have a choice of top, bottom and corner.

Edit: I should note that this is for desktop but I assume it should work on mobile devices too.

•••
In case it helps,
with PC you have a choice of top, bottom and corner.

Edit: I should note that this is for desktop but I assume it should work on mobile devices too.

well thats the thing..on bodis its on top for desktop but not mobile...so if u or others can check mobile on pc...feel free... when i askes bodis why they put it at bottom they say they wannq prioritize ads.. for mobiles only...go figure

•••
well thats the thing..on bodis its on top for desktop but not mobile...so if u or others can check mobile on pc...feel free... when i askes bodis why they put it at bottom they say they wannq prioritize ads.. for mobiles only...go figure

sure they want to prioritise ads
they don't earn on sales

•••
•••
My stats:

park.png

A top month, 48 clicks, $ 0.06
lol

•••
•••
parking to me has become less desireable

for the declining income
I decided to send them to a for sale page instead
having just a handfull of domains parked

Show attachment 92162

thats a very good picture to show how park revenue has been decreasing over years..

lucky are those who got into domaining like you.. when good money could still be made from parking.. for many people parking was the main domaining income too.. more from parking than from domain selling! I heard stories.

still.. to this day many (worldwide speaking) are making 4 figures+ from parking per month.

I have no idea how they do it.. and they don't wanna say ;)

cheers

•••
Sitting in the background reading all of your posts - I am grateful for the intelligent insights shared. My biggest (inexperienced) concern is trademark protection even with a defunct foreign company like PandaJet or owning jetblue.(NET). Seems Sales page and outbound marketing is the best bet...

•••
Sitting in the background reading all of your posts - I am grateful for the intelligent insights shared. My biggest (inexperienced) concern is trademark protection even with a defunct foreign company like PandaJet or owning jetblue.(NET). Seems Sales page and outbound marketing is the best bet...

yes some people do take chances and get some revenue from typo domains of known existing companies etc.. of course, it is a risk they decide to take. which sometimes can cause problems.

otherwise, if company is, as you said, defunct, and the trademark no longer renewed and kept alive, then the question of trademark no longer applies... but some old links etc, could still be generating parking revenue.

there are all kinds of domains out there.. generating parking revenue for all kinds of reasons.. not only the ones I just mentioned.

cheers

Last edited:
•••
been parking my domains since 2004.
and every domain I acquire gets parked asap

had only couple of TM issues where I surrendered the domain
but those were obvious.
the last domain I sold was parked at uniregistry.com for a couple of years.
the one before that was parked at sedo, it sold at BIN via mls fast transfer.
I added an old screen shot below for 2 week period back in 2006 from domain sponsor
the good old days :)
the names are blocked cuz I may still own some
dsnames (3).gif

btw: I posted some recent ppc stats in another parking related thread the other day

imo....

•••
been parking my domains since 2004.
and every domain I acquire gets parked asap

had only couple of TM issues where I surrendered the domain
but those were obvious.
the last domain I sold was parked at uniregistry.com for a couple of years.
the one before that was parked at sedo, it sold at BIN via mls fast transfer.
I added an old screen shot below for 2 week period back in 2006 from domain sponsor
the good old days :)
the names are blocked cuz I may still own some
Show attachment 92329
btw: I posted some recent ppc stats in another parking related thread the other day

imo....

amazing ..
1k in 15 days

makes u realize why many made living just parking names

...as per other stories i read before too

•••
amazing ..
1k in 15 days

makes u realize why many made living just parking names

...as per other stories i read before too

the "original" overture tool was still active then, and yahoo was the man in the middle.

and with a detailed eye, one could hand-reg their way to an "income stream"

though the streams don't flow like it used to, you can still get a little juice out of it.... if you have the right domain names.

such earnings from ppc, allowed many domainers to hold their domains much longer
when your names pay for themselves, then you don't have to sell them to maintain

even a domain that earns it's renewal fee each year, can be more valuable to that portfolio, than some other names you may be holding that don't get offers or that don't make any parking revenue.

imo...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back