Dynadot

showcase Share your first offers / inquiries in 2020

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Doron Vermaat

Co-founder, EftyTop Member
Efty.com
Impact
I always find January to be a great month for domain name sales as many (wannabe) entrepreneurs have come up with new businesses ideas, projects, products or services over the holiday period which results in increased traffic and interest in good domain names.

I thought it would be fun to share which domains of yours were the first ones to receive some love in this new decade. Feel free to share any details such as the offer, country of the interested party or if the inquiry has led to a sale.

I'll start:

All received on January 2nd.

Brisk/io - price request
BadMonkey/com - price request
MoralSupport/com - price request

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I always find January to be a great month for domain name sales as many (wannabe) entrepreneurs have come up with new businesses ideas, projects, products or services over the holiday period which results in increased traffic and interest in good domain names.

I thought it would be fun to share which domains of yours were the first ones to receive some love in this new decade. Feel free to share any details such as the offer, country of the interested party or if the inquiry has led to a sale.

I'll start:

All received on January 2nd.

Brisk/io - price request
BadMonkey/com - price request
MoralSupport/com - price request

just today I received 999$ offer for cWallet (.) com from china

•••
Received a $1000 offer on StormwaterManagement dot com

•••
ruser.com
New offer $5,000 via Dan.com

•••
BitcoinSwap//com $1,500
rejected.

•••
Received a $1000 offer for Helog /// com via Godaddy yesterday (forgot I had it listed there)

Even though the name is listed on Brandpa for $2,895 :xf.eek:

Someone trying to get it on the cheap O_o

•••
Had my first ever offer yesterday for EpuCloud // com 850 but rejected

•••
diamond . cheap 1500 rejected

•••
Yesterday, 15 hours after the start of the new year (MET zone), I received an E-Mail by Godaddy "Someone´s interested in your domain".
It includes a message by a probably Chinese buyer for my domain OttAir .com asking for a better price than the listed $1,998. Did not yet decide about my reaction.

•••
I received a $1 billion offer on a one-word .Com Jan 1 via an EFTY lander. Given the name is listed for five figures at Afternic, I do not plan to reply.

•••
•••
@Laguna Not a knock, but a curiosity inquiry. You note here, about a 1 year old reg domain -
Had my first ever offer yesterday for EpuCloud // com 850 but rejected
Yet in a previous thread you noted -
Nearly 2 years in and still no sales, no lowball offers, no spammy emails, no spammy calls, nothing.
Maybe time to not keep swinging for the fences on every domain, and to accept a sale or two to get some momentum and recoup some finances??? Of course your call, but again just a curiosity question.

•••
@Laguna Not a knock, but a curiosity inquiry. You note here, about a 1 year old reg domain - Yet in a previous thread you noted - Maybe time to not keep swinging for the fences on every domain, and to accept a sale or two to get some momentum and recoup some finances??? Of course your call, but again just a curiosity question.
Hey, I totally hear what your saying and I could of accepted the offer to get things rolling but epu is the abbreviation for so many different things I think it's worth more. Plus I just renewed it so in no hurry with this one. Your question is a valid one and it's much appreciated.
Regards

•••
Screenshot_20200103_011907.png

•••
•••
You sold this name already?
I sold it for 3k with installments, the buyer paid the first installment of $500 and then he disappeared. so I received it back

•••
Sold a one-word .cc I had picked at closeouts a few weeks ago for $250 yesterday, couldn't resist making a sale first day of the year.

Also received a $1200 offer on a long one-word.co I picked up at Epik for $1 a few months ago, accepted, waiting to see if it actually pays!

•••
•••
An offer of $500 for ioyd.com on Afternic = turned down

An offer of $200 for SkinItems.com on Dan = turned down.

•••
Quick question, what was your starting offer for this domain?
This is the starting offer for this domain. Thank you.

•••
just today I received 999$ offer for cWallet (.) com from china

Short names with Pay and Wallet as ending have been doing very well last year. I am sure you will be able to move this name for a nice amount!

ruser.com
New offer $5,000 via Dan.com

A solid opening offer. I see Ruser is a surname - does it has any meaning in other languages?

Sold a one-word .cc I had picked at closeouts a few weeks ago for $250 yesterday, couldn't resist making a sale first day of the year.

Also received a $1200 offer on a long one-word.co I picked up at Epik for $1 a few months ago, accepted, waiting to see if it actually pays!

Congrats. Great way to kick off the new year.

•••

This is nice to hear, and I'm glad there's been so much activity already in the first two days of the year. Nothing for me yet, but I will stay hopeful.

•••
Let me first apologize for not sharing the name (at least not yet) but the experience has been interesting.

The initial offer was 1500 (bin was at 3000) and I countered with a hard 2100 and offered payment options.

The domain is a name a modeling agency used at one time. It is not a persons name but a generic non-model related term they lost/gave it up years ago. It was clear after doing research the offer was from someone that had no idea what domaining or internet businesses are ultimately about. Considering the agency has long since faded away I asked if they had specific plans for the name and they said 'no'.

They indicated that payments would be best for them because they did not have the cash on hand...just before I sent the details to pay my conscious kicked in and I asked if they were 'investing' in the name and they said 'no'. So I let them know it was a lot of money to pay for a name for which they had no plans and if they wanted to back out or put the deal on hold I would do so.

I received a lengthy response about their life/situation and how the payments would be a burden. I told them it is okay to back off and take a breather.

So, the bottom line is my first offer of the year was rejected by me talking them OUT of buying a domain...being a nice guy is costing me money...again!!!

•••
Let me first apologize for not sharing the name (at least not yet) but the experience has been interesting.

The initial offer was 1500 (bin was at 3000) and I countered with a hard 2100 and offered payment options.

The domain is a name a modeling agency used at one time. It is not a persons name but a generic non-model related term they lost/gave it up years ago. It was clear after doing research the offer was from someone that had no idea what domaining or internet businesses are ultimately about. Considering the agency has long since faded away I asked if they had specific plans for the name and they said 'no'.

They indicated that payments would be best for them because they did not have the cash on hand...just before I sent the details to pay my conscious kicked in and I asked if they were 'investing' in the name and they said 'no'. So I let them know it was a lot of money to pay for a name for which they had no plans and if they wanted to back out or put the deal on hold I would do so.

I received a lengthy response about their life/situation and how the payments would be a burden. I told them it is okay to back off and take a breather.

So, the bottom line is my first offer of the year was rejected by me talking them OUT of buying a domain...being a nice guy is costing me money...again!!!
you got sold......

•••
you got sold......
happened to me, someone spins a story you believe in the plot line and the ending is not what where you where expecting....:wideyed::xf.wink:

•••
Back