Dynadot

showcase Share your first offers / inquiries in 2020

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Doron Vermaat

Co-founder, EftyTop Member
Efty.com
Impact
I always find January to be a great month for domain name sales as many (wannabe) entrepreneurs have come up with new businesses ideas, projects, products or services over the holiday period which results in increased traffic and interest in good domain names.

I thought it would be fun to share which domains of yours were the first ones to receive some love in this new decade. Feel free to share any details such as the offer, country of the interested party or if the inquiry has led to a sale.

I'll start:

All received on January 2nd.

Brisk/io - price request
BadMonkey/com - price request
MoralSupport/com - price request

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
ruser.com
New offer $5,000 via Dan.com

•••
@Laguna Not a knock, but a curiosity inquiry. You note here, about a 1 year old reg domain -
Had my first ever offer yesterday for EpuCloud // com 850 but rejected
Yet in a previous thread you noted -
Nearly 2 years in and still no sales, no lowball offers, no spammy emails, no spammy calls, nothing.
Maybe time to not keep swinging for the fences on every domain, and to accept a sale or two to get some momentum and recoup some finances??? Of course your call, but again just a curiosity question.

•••
Received a $16k offer on digitalchain .com through domain agents. I declined.

•••
1 January I recived a offer for em88 of $1200 via Afternic - It was listed with a $2000 BIN and I made a $1700 counter offer and it sold.

2 January I got a direct inquiry via Whois on a Bitcoin name for $3000 which is listed with $9000 BIN at Afternic and I gave a $7000 counter offer but haven't heard from the bidder since

2 Januar I sold a name via SquadHelp for $1999 (beeing paid via 6 month instalment plan)

So all in all a good start to 2020 - Good luck to everyone

•••
I received a $1 billion offer on a one-word .Com Jan 1 via an EFTY lander. Given the name is listed for five figures at Afternic, I do not plan to reply.

•••
Let me first apologize for not sharing the name (at least not yet) but the experience has been interesting.

The initial offer was 1500 (bin was at 3000) and I countered with a hard 2100 and offered payment options.

The domain is a name a modeling agency used at one time. It is not a persons name but a generic non-model related term they lost/gave it up years ago. It was clear after doing research the offer was from someone that had no idea what domaining or internet businesses are ultimately about. Considering the agency has long since faded away I asked if they had specific plans for the name and they said 'no'.

They indicated that payments would be best for them because they did not have the cash on hand...just before I sent the details to pay my conscious kicked in and I asked if they were 'investing' in the name and they said 'no'. So I let them know it was a lot of money to pay for a name for which they had no plans and if they wanted to back out or put the deal on hold I would do so.

I received a lengthy response about their life/situation and how the payments would be a burden. I told them it is okay to back off and take a breather.

So, the bottom line is my first offer of the year was rejected by me talking them OUT of buying a domain...being a nice guy is costing me money...again!!!

•••
I always find January to be a great month for domain name sales as many (wannabe) entrepreneurs have come up with new businesses ideas, projects, products or services over the holiday period which results in increased traffic and interest in good domain names.

I thought it would be fun to share which domains of yours were the first ones to receive some love in this new decade. Feel free to share any details such as the offer, country of the interested party or if the inquiry has led to a sale.

I'll start:

All received on January 2nd.

Brisk/io - price request
BadMonkey/com - price request
MoralSupport/com - price request

just today I received 999$ offer for cWallet (.) com from china

•••
BitcoinSwap//com $1,500
rejected.

•••
Received a $1000 offer for Helog /// com via Godaddy yesterday (forgot I had it listed there)

Even though the name is listed on Brandpa for $2,895 :xf.eek:

Someone trying to get it on the cheap O_o

•••
Sold a one-word .cc I had picked at closeouts a few weeks ago for $250 yesterday, couldn't resist making a sale first day of the year.

Also received a $1200 offer on a long one-word.co I picked up at Epik for $1 a few months ago, accepted, waiting to see if it actually pays!

•••
Had my first ever offer yesterday for EpuCloud // com 850 but rejected

•••
Received a 5k offer through Efty from a retail company in the Middle-East I happened to have a great match for. Countered with 9k, agreed on 6k. They said they were motivated by the new year. Expecting payment soon. It's been my best 30 days in my domaining history. This will be my third such sale.

•••
Received a $1000 offer on StormwaterManagement dot com

•••
•••
Inquiry came in for a domain, I quoted $7200 they offered $6500 - deal.
Completed.

•••
Sold a hyphenated domain I've owned for 2 years, asked $4500, received $4500.

•••
diamond . cheap 1500 rejected

•••
Yesterday, 15 hours after the start of the new year (MET zone), I received an E-Mail by Godaddy "Someone´s interested in your domain".
It includes a message by a probably Chinese buyer for my domain OttAir .com asking for a better price than the listed $1,998. Did not yet decide about my reaction.

•••
A little sale this morning via Sedo (I only use them for listing, not landers) US$1,500. Sedo confirmed payment received just moments after I accepted the counter offer.
It wasn't far off the list price, (less 20%) so no complaints from me

Last edited:
•••
connectiveAi.com

$1K offer rejected on Jan 4
came in from a Hollywood producer/entrepreneur based on gmail address search details

•••
I received a $1 billion offer on a one-word .Com Jan 1 via an EFTY lander. Given the name is listed for five figures at Afternic, I do not plan to reply.

Another Efty billionaire!

•••
$550 offer through GD for XRcamera.

Countered

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back