Dynadot

Selling videogames/cd's

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Is it legal to buy new/used xbox games and CD's from ebay.com and resell them for a profit on a website (at less then retail value)?

Example Plan:
Buy Halo 2 for $30.00 from ebay. Pay $5 shipping. (total cost: 35)
Sell Halo 2 for $40 on my website, charge $5 for shpping (45-35 = $10 profit)

sorry if wrong forum, I figured this is a legal question and want to ask before I go ahead and try this out so I won't get in a court dispute
;)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
ps2gamer said:
Is it legal to buy new/used xbox games and CD's from ebay.com and resell them for a profit on a website (at less then retail value)?

Example Plan:
Buy Halo 2 for $30.00 from ebay. Pay $5 shipping. (total cost: 35)
Sell Halo 2 for $40 on my website, charge $5 for shpping (45-35 = $10 profit)

sorry if wrong forum, I figured this is a legal question and want to ask before I go ahead and try this out so I won't get in a court dispute
;)

Yes selling them from a business website (store) would be illegal. But reselling on a classified/auction page would not. You have to have a license to resell from a store front, I maybe wrong, but think that is correct.

:)

•••
yes

You can resell used anything as long as its legit license materials. If you sell from store front or website your customers have to know its used things, or else your carcass could be feed to the goats :wave:

•••
Thanks for the replies,

How do I go about getting this game selling license?

So as long as if its a used item, I have to say its used on the description or title.

•••
I guess I lied! Sorry!! I looked into it, and you do not need a license. webuyhosts is correct, as long as you state in the sale that it is a used item, then it is legal. If its a new game, you still do not need a license. If this were illegal then drop shiping would be illegal. And its not. So you got the green light! Good luck in your endevors!

Regards,
OulZac

:wave:

•••
Some states or other locations may require a businerss license, but you usually just register your name at the county for less than $20.
If you want to be legit, get a Taxpayer ID# (free from the IRS) and get a dedicated checking account. Do not comingle your business funds with your personal funds, etc

good luck!

•••
To be really legit as well you will need to keep and charge sales tax if the person buying is in your state. And file those taxes with the state revenue office. When you get your business license, they should be able to hook you up.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back