NameSilo

advice Selling Brandable domains to enduser

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Isac

Top Member
Impact
Hello friends, Is anyone having experience in selling brandable domains to enduser. How can we sell Brandable domains to end user ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Oh, hello mate. Nice topic! I had an excellent experience before some years here selling names like endusing, barmony all on .com. You know what?I miss them, i 'd want them back to my portfolio. I mean, that it's really worth to wait if you have aces in your hand. Good brandables never lose their value, reselling or high end price.

•••
Locating end users with brandable domains is not as easy as keyword based domain names. Listing on major market places and inbound enquiries is the key to brandables.

•••
I would think you need to pump portfolio page as main priority. I can't see sense in sending out jargon as cannot targeted like generic. I would be trying for marketplaces that specialize in brand able. All tough sells so have only few for myself.

•••
It's good practice to get used to sellling brandable domains. I honestly believe that's the future. Google is certainly pushing in that direction and I expect Yahoo and Bing to follow suit. Think about, how often in your everyday life do you see a store or restaurant called "cool clothes" or "best restaurant shop"? Consumer are used to brands and I believe there is a push to see that reflected in the online world also.

•••
Thank you for your replies, so most of you are saying to sell them on marketplace. So which market place is best to sell brandable domains

•••
the answer to your question is almost always going to be Afternic, Sedo, Godaddy and maybe Flippa and brandbucket (if you're into the BB system)
Secondary responses would be ebay and the likes.
Having your own marketplace at the same time doesn't hurt

There's no magical place for brandables that is necessarily better than the other. Although I'm sure people looking for a keyword would search marketplaces to find cool names, but most of the time, it's straight type-ins.. so an offer page lander is your best bet.

You have to have endless patience.. sometimes deals come in groups and then for a little while almost nothing.. then back again.. if there's no sales at some point, doesn't mean you have the wrong listing type or marketplace.. it can just be the market at that point in time

Last edited:
•••
Before you sell it to someone check the value of domain maybe it will help you during the selling.
The main criteria of it can be:
market potential and usability
relevance for the search engine
a structure of the domain name
bargaining power and legal situation

I think market potential and usability play the most important role in determining the price.

I know, my answer sounds a little bit out of topic but that may help to narrow your searching

•••
Check us out at Namezie.com - we're a premium marketplace for brandable domains. Get in contact with us with your list of domains (if any) and we'll get it in the mix for you.

We have 500+ buyers on the ready and we're always increasing our efforts to reach more buyers.

Cheers!

•••
Thanks for all the comments guys. I agree that brandables is a market that we need to consider for the future. For me, the best way to sell these would seem to be the creation of my own listing site to pick up inbound searchers. I don't think it would hurt to offer a commission to brokers either. 15% looks to be a fair %age.

I think I'll use the Fluid Names domain that I picked up the other day. Now I've got to find a template to use, and to consider if I should create a logo and image for each name. :)

•••
Hello friends, Is anyone having experience in selling brandable domains to enduser. How can we sell Brandable domains to end user ?
It is impossible to outbound and sell brandable domains since the data and companies you find online already have their brands established.
To sell a brandable domain you need to wait for an inquiry from the end user.
Or you can simply target domainers for your brandable domains.

•••
It is impossible to outbound and sell brandable domains since the data and companies you find online already have their brands established.companies
To sell a brandable domain you need to wait for an inquiry from the end user.
Or you can simply target domainers for your brandable domains.
companies do rebrand leading to a change in name. so, you never can tell

•••
companies do rebrand leading to a change in name. so, you never can tell
Yes companies rebrand sometimes, not often tho.

Yet I don`t think any company would rebrand after receiving an e-mail from a domainer.

It is a waste of time and energy in my opinion.

Last edited:
•••
Yes companies rebrand sometimes, not often tho. Yet I don`t think any company would rebrand after receiving an e-mail from a domainer.
It is a waste of time and energy in my opinion.
If you introduce a better branding option,Why not

•••
If you introduce a better branding option,Why not
If you have a generic in the domain name which is specifically targeting the same niche that the company you are reaching out, then maybe.

But I think it would be extremely rare situation tho.

You can always spend your time and energy for better marketing options than outbound brandable names.

Last edited:
•••
It's all about the 1on1 relationship. There's no way around it. Finding the actual end-users is one of the challenges to finding new business to sell domains. It can be tough at times, but it's completely worth it :)

•••
It's not easy to sell brandable to endusers, but if you own the .com, version of a name and the .net (or a ctld) is a running business then it's possible they will upgrade or if you own a good short name and a successful business has the name in their brand just longer (Thecarmaker and you own carmaker), that's also a realistic option - I've sold brandable that way (and own more of that type), but it has been them who contacted me because if you contact them, they will often ask for a discount - In my eyes patience is the most important virtue when it comes to brandable

•••
If you want to hit the pavement, contact Trademark and Patent attorneys and anyone else that helps incorporate businesses. Let me know that you exist and you have brandable names.

•••
I think to find an enduser the brandable needs a definite association with their business activities, they must be able to connect with it instantly as to it's purpose

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back