IT.COM

Sell on which domain marketplace?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

A. Person

Established Member
Impact
I'm planning to use Efty for landing pages for all of my domains. Can I list them in a domain marketplace like Sedo or Afternic while I use the Efty landing pages? How do you choose a marketplace?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes you can.

You can point the landing pages to Efty (or any other place via nameservers), and then just list them for sale/offer on Sedo/Flippa/Afternic.

•••
OK that's what I'll do. So I don't have to give up any control of the domain to the marketplace? How can they assure the buyer that I'll transfer?

•••
Short version: once the marketplace receives the payment from the buyer, they will ask you to push or transfer the domain to them, before releasing the payment to you.

•••
Just make sure to cancel the listing everywhere else if payment received on a specific marketplace.

•••
OK so if I buy a domain on a marketplace, I might get the domain or I might get my money back.

•••
I use my own sales pages but I still list them all at Sedo, Afternic/GoDaddy, Uniregistry. Just keep in mind the aftermarkets commission when you price quote.

•••
So it's OK to list a domain at all of the marketplaces simultaneously?

Can I refuse to sell a domain if someone accepts my offer at one of the marketplaces and I decide I want a higher price?

•••
•••
if you're going to list on sedo, afternic, unireg, godaddy,etc, you don't need ifffy landing pages too

don't just come in and do what you think others are doing

find out how to do more, without spending more money

imo...

Last edited:
•••
So it's OK to list a domain at all of the marketplaces simultaneously?
YES.
The more places people can come across your domain listing, the better. However, DO NOT run simultaneous auctions in different markeplaces.
Can I refuse to sell a domain if someone accepts my offer at one of the marketplaces and I decide I want a higher price?
NO.
Which is to say, technically yes, but your account will be suspended if you don't make good on your obligation / binding offer.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back