Dynadot

question Adding marketplace TXT Records when using DAN or Efty

NameSilo
Watch

Way3

Branding and Domain InvestingEstablished Member
Impact
newcomer question:

I have many domains. I'm signed up to use Efty and DAN. I'm also signed up to list on a variety of marketplaces, including GoDaddy and Sedo.

When I want to list a new domain, of course I have to add the TXT record to each domain for marketplace verifications. I do that fine, no problem. But I can't do that if I have the name servers changed to DAN or Efty (that I can figure out). So I revert the domains back to registrars basic (in this case NameCheap) - in order to add advanced DNS record.

Once the domains have been verified and listed on the marketplace(s), can I then set the NS back to Efty or DAN? I won't be able to see the TXT records anymore, so will the verifications remain in place?

Really wish there were a way to handle this in Efty and DAN admin panels...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
All changes to name servers or any records for a name are handled on the registrar level. You can add names to Efty and Dan before or after but you can only point your servers to one or another at any given time.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back