SedoParking Enhancements!

NameSilo
Watch

Sedo

VIP Member
Sedo.com Staff
Impact
Hi all,

I wanted to give you a heads up on a big Revamp to our Domain Parking Program. I know some of you have already had a chance to take a look at it.

I'm really excited about the changes. We've enhanced our whole system to offer better earnings, more detailed statistics, and website-like page layouts.

SedoPro has been such a success for us that we decided to keep investing in our parking solutions. Today we're unveiling a completely revamped parking program which promises to bring professional-level earnings to the masses, whether they own one domain or one thousand.

Matt Bentley our Chief Strategy Officer sumed up the new features well:

"Until now, only large portfolio holders and registrars could enjoy the benefits of a professional-level domain parking service. Now, we've lelveled the playing field by offering the same detailed analysis tools, customizable layouts, and high-end earnings to anyone with a Sedo account."

Here's a rundown of the new features introduced today:

- More powerful statistical tools: Offering a behind the scenes look at visitor behavior on each parking page, the new statistics identify where visitors are coming from and where they're clicking on the pages. There are also new tools to create sub-portfolios for better domain organization, quickly evaluate portfolio performance trends, and identify domains needing optimization.

- Website-like page layouts: Sedo introduced four colorful new page designs, some including photos and search-engine friendly texts. It's now also possible to choose thematic photos to customize the look and feel of the parking pages.

- Better earnings: Sedo has increased their overall payout rate and switched feeds at their advertising provider. Bentley claims this change enables them to offer more competitive payouts on tens of thousands of keywords which were previously under-performing.

"We expect that many domain owners who tried us in the past and were disappointed with the results will now find that Sedo is a much more appealing alternative" said Bentley. With over $3 million in domain sales completed each month, it's no secret that Sedo is the best place on the Internet to sell domain names at a profit. Now, a completely revamped domain parking program puts Sedo at the forefront of the domain parking space as well.

Our new domain parking service is free to use and does not require an application to join.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm actually on track to have the best month ever on Sedo (about 30% more overall). However, I am still continue to experiment the keywords, so the increase might have to do more with keyword optimization than Sedo's changes. I do suspect the traffic fluxuation and CTR rates might have something to do with Google's changes at the begining of September. Maybe Sedo was trying to lessen the new Google algerithm effects by launch the new service at the same time?

•••
Messed up software, maybe?

I think Sedo is having software problems because their own system doesn't match up the clicks. When I check the i to see what people are searching for, it is showing different amounts of visits and clicks than on the main new parking page and some clicks aren't getting credited at all. Domain management shows yet another total. It seems really messed up and all the stats really are meaningless if you don't know which set is accurate.

•••
Hello again Mara. :)

Are there any plans for a .Mobi compatible (compliant) parking page template?

This would be the perfect time to release one!

•••
Well, I took one of my domains from Sedo and parked it at NameDrive.com. Even though NameDrive's average PPC was slightly higher than Sedo, I didn't like their "corrections" very much. Sometimes an average PPC of $0.17 got corrected to $0.02! At ~60 clicks per day, that was a "correction" from ~$10 down to ~$1.

So, after about 2 weeks I parked the domain at Sedo again and was happy to see I got a PPC of $0.12 - but only for the first two days. Day 3 it was down to $0.10, day 4 $0.08, Day 5 $0.07 and now it's back at $0.06. Needless to say I'm not happy at all with Sedo's changes. I used to have a PPC of $0.11 day in, day out since february (when I started parking my domains at Sedo). But since their enhancements, it went downhill. My guess is that Sedo changed to Google, and Google has seen a steady decline in PPC in the past few months. I think I'll change back to NameDrive again.

•••
I moved away from Sedo a long time ago... My first month at NameDrive earned me more than the previous six months at Sedo. It was a 900% increase in revenue. I don't give a red rat's --- what your excuse is to explain that away, Sedo's performance sucked.

ZP1970 said:
Well, I took one of my domains from Sedo and parked it at NameDrive.com. Even though NameDrive's average PPC was slightly higher than Sedo, I didn't like their "corrections" very much. Sometimes an average PPC of $0.17 got corrected to $0.02! At ~60 clicks per day, that was a "correction" from ~$10 down to ~$1.

So, after about 2 weeks I parked the domain at Sedo again and was happy to see I got a PPC of $0.12 - but only for the first two days. Day 3 it was down to $0.10, day 4 $0.08, Day 5 $0.07 and now it's back at $0.06. Needless to say I'm not happy at all with Sedo's changes. I used to have a PPC of $0.11 day in, day out since february (when I started parking my domains at Sedo). But since their enhancements, it went downhill. My guess is that Sedo changed to Google, and Google has seen a steady decline in PPC in the past few months. I think I'll change back to NameDrive again.

•••
I moved all my names back to sedo several weeks back but I have noticed views and clicks are going down the last few weeks-------when the change first took place my views and clicks exploded for about 2 weeks but since than it has been going down since----I was at about 25% click rate right after the change but it has been steadily dropping----I am at the usual 10% or below so far this month

•••
I added a domain today into my account, the domain shows as parked when i type in the domain but i have no idea how i can optimize it simply because whatever i try the domain just doesn't show up :-/

I'm really wondering why these interfaces have to be so unuserfriendly?
I use the plural version because i find Namedrives control panel/interface even more horrible.

I can't even let it show my entire list of domains i have parked there >:(

These type of components needs to be clear and intuitive and should be clear and easy to understand.
The intro of "How to use domain optimizer" basicly says it all really,

How to use the Domain Optimizer

Although it might take a bit of time to learn...

It may take a little time to learn? There is the problem already in my opinion. You shouldn't need to learn it, it should speak for itself, intuitive and easy to follow.

•••
Could someone please explain to me why i see unrelated ads when i type the domain into my browser but when i do a preview in the optimizer it shows all related ads?

I would really like to see the ads that i see in preview on the real parking page.

•••
Damion said:
Could someone please explain to me why i see unrelated ads when i type the domain into my browser but when i do a preview in the optimizer it shows all related ads?

I would really like to see the ads that i see in preview on the real parking page.
I would like to know why my preview of the page while optimizing shows German ads, while the real page will show US ads. Makes it really difficult to optimize.

•••
Hi There,

The preview tool for parking pages will show how the page will appear in the region where the highest percentage of traffic comes from. This is to help parkers best optimize their parking pages.

Therefore if you do not reside in the region where the highest percentage of traffic is referred from you may see different ads when actually visiting your parking page.

Let me know if you have other questions -

Best,
Mara
[email protected]

•••
Mara, as always, thanks for your participation in the community. :)

Now, when are we going to get some .Mobi parking templates?

;)

•••
While we await Mara's return to the forum, I can happily report that I just got a $2.60 click on one of my parked domains at Sedo. This is the best click I've ever gotten.

Woohoo! :)

•••
Using sedopro + keyword tools of adwords, wil improve properly our income;
we are gaining now more autonomy; sedopro pages will pratically become individual minisites

SAMI

•••
Speaking of keyword tools, I've been using http://www.musthavemarketing.com/overture/ to view the keyword bids, but two weeks ago it started constantly rejecting my Captcha verification entry and I cannot get it to work. Is this happening to anyone else?

Is there another free tool that does the same thing I can use?

By the way, as for the minisites, sure, they can look sort of like minisites, but unless I'm mistaken, I don't believe Google et al will index them highly since they know they are parked pages so you won't get more than type-in traffic.

sami said:
Using sedopro + keyword tools of adwords, wil improve properly our income;
we are gaining now more autonomy; sedopro pages will pratically become individual minisites

SAMI

•••
Bids in Yahoo Search Marketing (Overture) can be accessed directly from their site at Overture.com. But of course remember those bid prices reflect Yahoo bid pricing and NOT Google pricing. Therefore the bids will not match Sedo's payouts as we use a Google feed.

Sorry, no concrete release date yet for .mobi parking pages.

Best,
Mara

•••
-db- said:
Hello again Mara. :)

Are there any plans for a .Mobi compatible (compliant) parking page template?

This would be the perfect time to release one!

To answer the question - today we released a fully compliant .mobi template. All .mobi domains parked with Sedo have been switched over. For an example check out students.mobi or pcp.mobi.

Recent .mobi aftermarket sales have been phenomonal for such a new TLD with top industry sales including -

flowers.mobi $200,000
fun.mobi $100,000
hot.mobi $40,000
stockquotes.mobi $27,000
cams.mobi $23,600

Also checkout www.sedo.com/closingsoon for the active .mobi auctions.

Best,
Mara

•••
Sedo said:
To answer the question - today we released a fully compliant .mobi template. All .mobi domains parked with Sedo have been switched over. For an example check out students.mobi or pcp.mobi.

Best,
Mara

Mara,
You may be ready with your mobile compliant search, but if google does not provide you a list of mobile compliant website search results. The advertisers are not going to be happy.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back