SedoParking Enhancements!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sedo

VIP Member
Sedo.com Staff
Impact
Hi all,

I wanted to give you a heads up on a big Revamp to our Domain Parking Program. I know some of you have already had a chance to take a look at it.

I'm really excited about the changes. We've enhanced our whole system to offer better earnings, more detailed statistics, and website-like page layouts.

SedoPro has been such a success for us that we decided to keep investing in our parking solutions. Today we're unveiling a completely revamped parking program which promises to bring professional-level earnings to the masses, whether they own one domain or one thousand.

Matt Bentley our Chief Strategy Officer sumed up the new features well:

"Until now, only large portfolio holders and registrars could enjoy the benefits of a professional-level domain parking service. Now, we've lelveled the playing field by offering the same detailed analysis tools, customizable layouts, and high-end earnings to anyone with a Sedo account."

Here's a rundown of the new features introduced today:

- More powerful statistical tools: Offering a behind the scenes look at visitor behavior on each parking page, the new statistics identify where visitors are coming from and where they're clicking on the pages. There are also new tools to create sub-portfolios for better domain organization, quickly evaluate portfolio performance trends, and identify domains needing optimization.

- Website-like page layouts: Sedo introduced four colorful new page designs, some including photos and search-engine friendly texts. It's now also possible to choose thematic photos to customize the look and feel of the parking pages.

- Better earnings: Sedo has increased their overall payout rate and switched feeds at their advertising provider. Bentley claims this change enables them to offer more competitive payouts on tens of thousands of keywords which were previously under-performing.

"We expect that many domain owners who tried us in the past and were disappointed with the results will now find that Sedo is a much more appealing alternative" said Bentley. With over $3 million in domain sales completed each month, it's no secret that Sedo is the best place on the Internet to sell domain names at a profit. Now, a completely revamped domain parking program puts Sedo at the forefront of the domain parking space as well.

Our new domain parking service is free to use and does not require an application to join.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Somewhat related to parking and Sedo so hopefully this isn't too far off topic. Something I'd really like to see on Sedo and Afternic is the option to let people interested in your listing view revenue also. Fairly open to abuse so you'd probably have to put some kind of limitation like the domain has to have been parked with you for 3 or 6 months before this shows, but I think it would be a big help to people looking for traffic domains and those trying to sell them.

Not getting into whether Sedo is better/worse than other parking programs, but in terms of landing page quality the new Sedo is better than the old Sedo, which raises the average bar and can only be good for the whole market over the long haul.

Last edited:
•••
Great new pages....

Tis a shame (and dont take this as a bash) but if you could only sort out the :

Sales Price: 160 EUR
Less Sedo Fees: -150 EUR
Amount to be paid: 10 EUR

Things would be much better.....

•••
If you are parked at Sedo, you only pay 10% with no minimum fee.

Badger said:
Great new pages....

Tis a shame (and dont take this as a bash) but if you could only sort out the :

Things would be much better.....

•••
My earnings are dropping for .in and .co.in. Everyone check your stats...

•••
I've got around 2800 names parked with Sedo across all subjects and niches. On the day they changed the landing pages, revenue went up on average at least 50%. It kept climbing but then it seemed to peak on Monday 28th August. One set of domains that normally made around 50 euros on a monday made 128 euros.

Since then there has been a daily decline, not in sync with historical stats.

Does this mean that they are adjusting the revenue share in their favour after seeing the improved stats from the new generic landing page?

•••
Since 31 August, I have my lowest RPM at Sedo, it is less than 1/3 from what it used to be.

•••
My views are down, hopefully will go up.

I am really liking how the new pages look! :)

•••
I think views are down across the board. Sedo, Dotzup, Namedrive, 1plus.net, and Domain hop arent doing as well. It is likely the holiday weekend, school starting and....?

On another note, it does seem my click rate is down some on Sedo....
hopefully things will improve....

:)

SG

•••
I am hoping it is just the holiday weekend
Maybe tuesday will be back to normal
I had my best day ever on friday

•••
Constantin said:
Since 31 August, I have my lowest RPM at Sedo, it is less than 1/3 from what it used to be.

u r lucky. my is down 1/4 of what it was on 29th. PPC from .15 average to .04-.06

•••
Same here since 1-9 my income has decreased a lot...

•••
Anytime a financial shift coincidentally aligns with the first of a month, it makes me sigh. Heaven forbid that the new ppc to consumers surpassed some exec's target and now is being realigned to a more realistic (and profitable) matrix. Of course, it could all be a simple coincidence, too...(no one really gets year-end bonuses based on gross revenue, do they?)...lol.

•••
The decrease in ppc seems to be a sedo only phenomenon. Fab and namedrive and indeed adsense seem to be up.

The golden rule of parking.... attractive pages are worse than useless if clicks pay you 3 cents a click. Remember that.

Aesthetics don't translate into money. Unless you're a model. Sedo ain't.

•••
this is not affecting the French market fortunately....

•••
All in All Sedo has improved. My pages are converting better on average and I even see the occasional .95 click when it used to be no more than .10. half of my domains seem to be sitting there for the enduser. which is why an auction format on Sedo will jumpstart the selling process more.

Any one have luck paying for a front page feature on Sedo, has it helped in a sale?

SG

•••
I'm not happy with the new Sedo parking at all...

I only have one domain parked at Sedo. It's a domain name I registered like 8 years ago and never did anything with it. Then beginning of this year I wanted to sell it and parked it at Sedo. Boom. $150 per month. Apparently the domainname is getting 200-400 type-in hits per day! Since they implemented the new Sedo parking, my earnings have dropped to $90 per month.

What's worrying me even more is that my $/Click had never dropped below $0.10/click but since Sept 1 it hasn't been above $0.06/click yet. Either Sedo is doing some skimming or something else fishy is going on. Needless to say I'm no happy camper.

•••
ZP1970 said:
Since they implemented the new Sedo parking, my earnings have dropped to $90 per month.
It's barely been a month since the new program started. I don't think we can reach any long-term conclusions yet, so I wouldn't panic.

ZP1970 said:
Either Sedo is doing some skimming or something else fishy is going on.
I don't think it's fair to immediately assume they are doing something crooked or dishonest, just because you had a 1 month decrease from $150 to $90.

ZP1970 said:
Needless to say I'm no happy camper.
I must admit, the initial surge of extra income that appeared for me when the new program started has dried up now. I'm not exactly thrilled about that, but again... I'm waiting for a longer run before making any decisions.

By the way ZP1970, welcome to NamePros!

•••
-db- said:
It's barely been a month since the new program started. I don't think we can reach any long-term conclusions yet, so I wouldn't panic.
Oh, I'm not panicking - it's not that I'm financially depending on this $150 per month. ;)

Like I said, what's worrying me the most is that all my clicks went from $0.10 - $0.11 per click to $0.03 - $0.05 per click on my keyword. Because really, I don't see how that can improve over time. The fact this drop happened on exactly 09/01 is where my "skimming" remark came from. Somebody, somewhere changed something on 09/01 causing this drop. If I check my stats, the number of clicks (both absolute as well as %) has remained the same. There hasn't been an increase or decrease. But my earnings went down by quite a bit. I would be seriously ticked if I had more than just one domain. For most people here, this is serious business and they are depending on it for their income.

I suspect an earlier poster was right, that Sedo made one huge mistake when determining wether or not this new program would generate higher earnings. I don't think they took into consideration the fact that the shear number of domains they would be adding to this program would dry up the high payers in no time. Because all across the board we're seeing the same thing. That earnings might be up for some keywords, but that they're all slowly decreasing now and that the trend is that they are decreasing below the point of the old program. Which is not all too surprising if you suddenly add millions of parking pages to a program. I'm pretty sure if I were the only one to be allowed to use the old program again, I wouldn't be getting $0.05 or $0.10 per click, but perhaps $1.00 per click - or even way more than that because I just lost a few hundred thousand competitors. :)

By the way ZP1970, welcome to NamePros!
Thank you very much., I just found you guys 2 days ago. :)

•••
Looks like we can actually make some money off domain names. I have a couple of them which are parked at GoDaddy at the moment (not getting any cents from the clicks). Guess I will try Sedo :)

•••
anyone notice large slip in RPM over the last 3 days, or am i
experiencing some 'local weather'.

thanks,
vrc

•••
Sedo is doing something which is not good at all.

I used to earn about 1.7$/click ( 1 sepetember) and now I am eaning 0.5$/click(11 september).

•••
Please remember there are natural weekend fluctuations. Furthermore earnings/click also depend on the origin of the click.

versu23 what does the traffic to your account look like?

Best,
Mara
[email protected]

•••
versu23 said:
Sedo is doing something which is not good at all.

I used to earn about 1.7$/click ( 1 sepetember) and now I am eaning 0.5$/click(11 september).

Same here. I emailed them and they said this might be because the advertiser decreased the payments per click... yuck.

•••
Well, it's now 11 days into the month and no click has been above $0.06. Something changed on sept. 1 - and it ain't good. The number of clicks hasn't changed, still my earnings have now dropped to 30%-40% of what it used to be. I'll give it one more week - then it's bye-bye Sedo.

I mean, 57 clicks = $1.90? Puh-lease.

•••
ZP1970 said:
Well, it's now 11 days into the month and no click has been above $0.06. Something changed on sept. 1 - and it ain't good. The number of clicks hasn't changed, still my earnings have now dropped to 30%-40% of what it used to be. I'll give it one more week - then it's bye-bye Sedo.

I mean, 57 clicks = $1.90? Puh-lease.

Yes, I have exactly the same percentage of revenue decrease with the same amount of clicks... this is nasty.

Everyone experiencing this here should just say BYE BYE to Sedo, it seems they pull our legs and their explanation is just ridiculous.

If anyone moves from SEDO to other parking service and has good results pleas post here so we have some advice to follow.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back