SedoParking Enhancements!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sedo

VIP Member
Sedo.com Staff
Impact
Hi all,

I wanted to give you a heads up on a big Revamp to our Domain Parking Program. I know some of you have already had a chance to take a look at it.

I'm really excited about the changes. We've enhanced our whole system to offer better earnings, more detailed statistics, and website-like page layouts.

SedoPro has been such a success for us that we decided to keep investing in our parking solutions. Today we're unveiling a completely revamped parking program which promises to bring professional-level earnings to the masses, whether they own one domain or one thousand.

Matt Bentley our Chief Strategy Officer sumed up the new features well:

"Until now, only large portfolio holders and registrars could enjoy the benefits of a professional-level domain parking service. Now, we've lelveled the playing field by offering the same detailed analysis tools, customizable layouts, and high-end earnings to anyone with a Sedo account."

Here's a rundown of the new features introduced today:

- More powerful statistical tools: Offering a behind the scenes look at visitor behavior on each parking page, the new statistics identify where visitors are coming from and where they're clicking on the pages. There are also new tools to create sub-portfolios for better domain organization, quickly evaluate portfolio performance trends, and identify domains needing optimization.

- Website-like page layouts: Sedo introduced four colorful new page designs, some including photos and search-engine friendly texts. It's now also possible to choose thematic photos to customize the look and feel of the parking pages.

- Better earnings: Sedo has increased their overall payout rate and switched feeds at their advertising provider. Bentley claims this change enables them to offer more competitive payouts on tens of thousands of keywords which were previously under-performing.

"We expect that many domain owners who tried us in the past and were disappointed with the results will now find that Sedo is a much more appealing alternative" said Bentley. With over $3 million in domain sales completed each month, it's no secret that Sedo is the best place on the Internet to sell domain names at a profit. Now, a completely revamped domain parking program puts Sedo at the forefront of the domain parking space as well.

Our new domain parking service is free to use and does not require an application to join.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have a question about the SedoPro membership. recently i requested membership and my application to join was turned down. What are the minimum specs in order to join?

Anyway, thanks for the awesome service you are providing. This is just what i need to stay at sedo. There has been so much negative about lack of payouts or CPC. This should help a lot. It will help me and it will help you by encourging existing members to stay and get more new members. Everyone wins.

Thanks,

Robert.

•••
You have lelveled the playing field? Please explain :p

On a totally unrelated note.
Nice one SEDO :) Nice to see these improvements

•••
This was long overdue and all I have to say is ITS ABOUT TIME!!! :D I have to admit I park little to no names with Sedo because of the classic parking page and low ctr/rev. Hopefully these new pages and better payout will help and I can start parking some more domains with sedo. Keep up the good work, and don't stop now, many companies are way ahead of you in the parking game. Good Luck... :tu:

P.S. I'm loving the way my googe[dot]es is looking ;)

•••
Glad to see such a positive response. We've been working hard to give everyone the tools they need to maximize their parking earnings.

Robert Allen said:
I have a question about the SedoPro membership. recently i requested membership and my application to join was turned down. What are the minimum specs in order to join?
SedoPro for professional parkers offers superior portfolio management and optimization tools. The program is uniquely designed to reward quality traffic. Among the criteria for acceptance are a minimum of 200 domains or $200 in parking earnings per month. For anyone interested check out
SedoPro.com or contact [email protected] with any questions.

Last edited:
•••
Excellent! How nice you are offering this to the basic subscribers. I have nearly all of my domains at Sedo. Did the survey help with this?

•••
Superb job!! The pages look awesome!

•••
how about keywords that change straight away!

i had a poker name getting tons of traffic, it sat as a portal page all last weekend waiting for you lot to accept my keyword change

•••
Suggestions for more photos:

Motorcycle (you only have cars as motorsports)
birds (you only have dog, cat and horse under animals)
card games or cards (you only have a roulette wheel for gambling)

under society there is nothing for special occasions like weddings, new years, birthdays...I suggest:

Balloons
Confetti
Wedding topper
cake

ps- pages are not loading for me, not resolving, must be my ISP, maybe tomorrow

•••
I like the new layouts! However, it seems I can only preview them for my domains. Saving doesn't really work, so my domains are still stuck in classic mode.

•••
Just spent some time making changes and to be honest i like them, something new and refreshing.

As previous the landing page was just plain, like the stats bit, nice to know where the traffic is coming from, gives you some idea of how to optimize better, targeting a specific market or region.

Will see as far as the money side things, TIME WILL TELL.

•••
If you leave it in classic mode the new photos don't work, you have to change to the new layouts...DUH :red: (I'll be alright.)

Love the new look!

•••
Its working now. Must have been a temporary glitch. Thanks, Sedo!

As suggested above, it would be nice if you can offer more templates, or maybe allow us to change things like fontcolor, background image, background color, etc.

•••
Nothing has changed on any of my parked pages. Has it not been distributed to everyone yet?

•••
Yeah great job.....hopefully will improve click throughs on some of the names that I have which get low click throughs. On others which are currently with high click throughs I think I will stay in classic mode. A major improvement just hope the pay per click improves compared to some of the competitors like goldkey.

•••
slobizman said:
Nothing has changed on any of my parked pages. Has it not been distributed to everyone yet?

You have to go in and manually change them else they will continue to show the "classic" which is the old parking pages.

•••
Kerrijo said:
You have to go in and manually change them else they will continue to show the "classic" which is the old parking pages.
Where exactly? In each individual page? I have to do 3,600 changes?

•••
Hi slobizman, no need for you to update your pages to our new Lite page. All domains using the classic page were automatically updated to the new "Lite" page. We're already seeing great improvements in conversion.

Thanks for the picture suggestions Kerrijo! I'll pass them on to our project management and techincal teams.

If you haven't yet I really recommend spending time optimizing your domains and checking out the new layouts. With the right layout you'll really see your conversions improve.

A few tidbits
- >Try the Phoenix Pink or Retro Purple layout WITH a picture for adult traffic.
- >If you're unsure what keyword to set for the domain start by testing one of the phoenix pages with the portal site.

Feel free to post your feedback or contact our support team if you have any questions about the upgrades [email protected] or [email protected]

•••
Strange.... I can't seem to get the previews to work for me. It opens up a new window, but is blank. :(

ripley.

•••
Okay, I figured out how to change all my thousands of pages in one fell swoop. But to tell you the truth, I'm not sure I prefer the new page over the classic page layout. I may change them all back. Another problem with the new layout is that since Sedo categories are the absolute worst (just look at the great categories on Afternic, for all it's other faults), the photos that it is automatically placing for me (based upon the categories), are very often so wrong. It would take weeks to go through 3,500 names to change all the photos.

So my question is, if I do show the classic page, will I still be able to take advantage of the better ads and higher payouts? I assume so.

•••
The better earnings/dynamic pricing applies to all accounts, regardless of chosen landing page. For anyone that doesn't yet have time to optimize the pictures I'd recommend setting the domains to the lite page. Our tests so far show its out perfoming the classic design.

Best,
Mara
[email protected]

•••
Cool news Mara/Sedo - I just checked mine and it looks like they are all already changed to a new layout - I take it this is the one that has the overall best results ?

I'll check it out more thouroughly when I have more time to fiddle - looking forward to the new auction feature too :)

Ahh change - It's soooo refreshing :hehe:

•••
I think they are still tweaking the new system,But what a great job,The landers are way more appealing imo.

•••
Great improvement -- add auto-optimization and it will be world-class!

•••
Dont wish to put a spoiler on all this but my PPC rates on some of best earners have plummeted in the last day or two!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone else notice this???
Whe I say plummetted I mean $2 clicks are now getting $0.3-$.60 per click.....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back