SedoParking Enhancements!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sedo

VIP Member
Sedo.com Staff
Impact
Hi all,

I wanted to give you a heads up on a big Revamp to our Domain Parking Program. I know some of you have already had a chance to take a look at it.

I'm really excited about the changes. We've enhanced our whole system to offer better earnings, more detailed statistics, and website-like page layouts.

SedoPro has been such a success for us that we decided to keep investing in our parking solutions. Today we're unveiling a completely revamped parking program which promises to bring professional-level earnings to the masses, whether they own one domain or one thousand.

Matt Bentley our Chief Strategy Officer sumed up the new features well:

"Until now, only large portfolio holders and registrars could enjoy the benefits of a professional-level domain parking service. Now, we've lelveled the playing field by offering the same detailed analysis tools, customizable layouts, and high-end earnings to anyone with a Sedo account."

Here's a rundown of the new features introduced today:

- More powerful statistical tools: Offering a behind the scenes look at visitor behavior on each parking page, the new statistics identify where visitors are coming from and where they're clicking on the pages. There are also new tools to create sub-portfolios for better domain organization, quickly evaluate portfolio performance trends, and identify domains needing optimization.

- Website-like page layouts: Sedo introduced four colorful new page designs, some including photos and search-engine friendly texts. It's now also possible to choose thematic photos to customize the look and feel of the parking pages.

- Better earnings: Sedo has increased their overall payout rate and switched feeds at their advertising provider. Bentley claims this change enables them to offer more competitive payouts on tens of thousands of keywords which were previously under-performing.

"We expect that many domain owners who tried us in the past and were disappointed with the results will now find that Sedo is a much more appealing alternative" said Bentley. With over $3 million in domain sales completed each month, it's no secret that Sedo is the best place on the Internet to sell domain names at a profit. Now, a completely revamped domain parking program puts Sedo at the forefront of the domain parking space as well.

Our new domain parking service is free to use and does not require an application to join.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
One mystery solved...

The reason some domains are not showing up in the new parking interface is because those particular names have not received any traffic (unique visitors) since the switch. Once they get visitors, they show up within the new parking system.

:)

•••
There is a problem with the new parking's optimzation. Once I enter new domains, I wish to bring up the latest ones and optimize the keywords. Previously, I would just go to the Optimzation page and those new names without a keyword entered would be at the top of the list. Now, on the new optimzation page, even with the option that says to show the most recently added names, it does not place at the top those newly added names that do not yet have a keyword added. So, I have to then go back to the old optimization page and enter the keywords there.

Note: I just went back and tried the new optimization page and clicked on the date added column for a reverse chronological display of the names. The most recent it showed was from 8/17/06, yet today is 8/22/06 and I have added many names in the last five days. They are not showing up. My suspicion is that it is only showing names with at least one hit. If so, change that. How else can we possbily keep track of new names to optimize. We need to be able to enter a name and then go to this page and see the name at the top of the page where we can enter a keyword.

------
(I hate this board how it combines posts together. The following is supposed to be a reply to another post)

I just saw that and updated my previous message. But, this is not going to work. ALL names have to show. Otherwise how else can we optimize newly added names? Keep checking every day to see when they have recieved hits?

Plus, with this system every domain's first visitor will view an unoptimized page. Probably more than just the first visitor since will have to keep track of when the page gets a hit and get back there right away to optimize it before visitor number 2, 3, 4 .... get there.

-db- said:
One mystery solved...

The reason some domains are not showing up in the new parking interface is because those particular names have not received any traffic (unique visitors) since the switch. Once they get visitors, they show up within the new parking system.

---------------------------------------------
WHAT THE HECK! THE FOLLOWING WAS ENTERED A HALF HOUR SINCE MY LAST POST AND IT'S STILL COMBINED WITH MY LAST TWO POSTS! THREE POSTS IN ONE, AND ONE OF WHICH IS A REPLY TO ANOTHER POST.
----------------------------------------------

I would just like to make an overall comment on the new Sedo.

Yes, I am making more money overall it seems. HOWEVER, and this is a big however, the amount of work required to enter and optimize the names has gone up astronomically. So many things don't work, so many things you could do beore are missing, and it's so damn slow.

So I'm making more money on the names I have in there, but I'm not sure I want the hassle of entering new names and optimizing them (if I can even get to them, since they don't all show up in the optimizer). Seriously, there are so many things wrong that I cannot believe that this ever went through a beta testing period with any users that have more than 500 names. While I appreciate the extra income, it's nothing compared to the value of my time and level of frustration in dealing with the new, partially functioning CP.

Last edited:
•••
As, -db- noted, I found the same thing, that when new a website receives traffic it shows up in the optimization cue. Yes there is more work, full of a weird bug or two, but I am happy that my $ has gone up 75%. Especially on my high traffic names. Sext.tv was getting a respectable amount of traffic but was not converting well as an example, now it has improved and is worth the extra fee to register the .TV name. If that means a bit more work on my end so be it, at least I have more control, and can better optimize the keyword and conversion rates.

I will hang in there with Sedo, hoping that when they have worked out the kinks things will stabalise.

Sedo: When will the auction faze begin and do you have any more info?

Thanks

SirenGirl :xf.love:

Last edited:
•••
Overall I think the new sedo is a big advance.....I have some domains making far less but some making more and better click through rates so overall I'm up around 25-30%. Plus more professional looking and lively pages. I might even move some names over from goldkey if it continues.

•••
So far my music/video domains are going gangbusters, much more traffic and also much better CTR than before. The jury's still out on the rest though, can't see much appreciable difference. Love the new options though, and especially love the extra information on countries and keywords searched.

ripley.

•••
Its great to see Sedo wake up and smell the coffee. Personally, i think their major advantage over the other traditional parking companies (in terms of domains and registered users) was at risk if theyd continued displaying the tired old parking page.

Congrats Sedo, now if only you would be more fairer in terms of percentage payouts and commission for domain sales [offer $100, commission $90, you get $10] you might just have it cracked... :notme:

•••
-db- said:
One mystery solved...

I WANT people to view my pages, I want more visits and clicks...how am I to optimize them? :(

•••
Kerri I would be happy to view your sites. Let me know which ones arent showing up.

cheers,

Sirengirl.com

•••
Oh that's OK siren, it's telling me which of my domains are crap. :'(

:alien:

•••
I have to admit that I choose SEDO was because it had the most clean interface. I really like the new interface, it works pretty well for me and I do see an increase. I still would like to see more stats on user behaviors so I could better optimize my keywords.

•••
Darn...I cant even log into my account. I guess Sedo has a few more kinks to work out. grrrr.... :alien:

Sirengirl

•••
My wish, Sedo get out of domain parking altogether. Concentrate on marketing our domains names.

Much better parking programs out there. Sedo is supposed to be a place that sells names. With five million domain names and only about a dozen a day selling and the rapid inventory adding to that and the slow sales due to the fact they concentrate on ppc revenue I can see Sedos future.

Sedo has over five million names for sale now. They are proud of that?.

Start selling those names, don't tell us you are proud to have that many in inventory. Sell those puppies, get that inventory down, then you are doing your job.

Maybe Sedo should get out of pay per click parked pages and do what a domain for sale house is supposed to do. Market our names to the millions of end users. Not talking here about search engine type in visitors. I'm talking about a marketing campaign to get end users into Sedo, so our names will sell at a fast clip. The amount coming in now is a joke and no way can a company be proud of those few sales.

The pool of names just gets bigger and bigger, they don't care because they are raking in a bigger part of the pay per click dollar like namenut says,

Roderick

•••
A couple quick things....

- In the past 2 days we've seen the best clicks ever for Indian names (.IN / .Co.in) with .40 to .70 clicks on names that only got .02 to .05 previously. We've also seen clicks on names that never had clicks before. BOTH of these are very good signs.

- I completely respect the opinions of goodkarmaco (and others) but let me remind everyone that this thread is specifically about the new SEDO parking enhancements. It's not a place to air your general grievances, so please only post if it's somehow related to these current events. Otherwise, it makes the thread longer, and harder for us (the people trying to use/tweak the new system) to find the information that we need.

- My health is not very good right now, so my nephew (and domain partner) has been handling quite a few things for me recently. Anyway, he's been talking to "Keith W." at SEDO, and I want to publically thank Keith for the help and courtesy he has shown us. He is a pleasure to deal with, and the type of representative that does his company proud. I'm hoping Keith will come join our community, alongside Mara.

B-)

•••
Here's a quick update on the changes -

The optimizer page now lists domains that haven't yet received traffic so you can start optimizing new domains immediately! We've also added the new field "Recently Added" so you easily pick out the new additions to your account.

We don’t have a release date set yet for the auction system, I’ll pass on more information when we’re closer to the launch date.

Great to hear Keith has been such a help -db-, I'll certainly make sure he sees your note! Hope you feel better soon.

Best,
Mara
[email protected]

•••
7 cents and 13 cents on credit card related clicks today. A finance domain that made $185 last month is at $50 this month - and at the 13 cents a click rate, I don't see much chance of it improving.

Revenues are down 55% from last month. That's a difference of $xxx... I'm not talking $15 is now $7.

I give up. I can't have my domains de-monetized like this. Sedo was great. Now it's not.

•••
Sedo: Thanks for the changes looking forward to the auction faze;)

SG

Last edited:
•••
My domains are generally doing better since the change. I've also had the problem of photos not "sticking" after I have chosen them, though. Overall I really like the new landing pages. I imagine that there is some benefit from the fact that they just look fresh. People who saw the "classic" landing page immediately know it was a PPC site. Now it's not quite so ovious - for what it's worth.

•••
Just wanted to say something postivie. Very positive. I've bitched about some buggy things recently, BUT and this is a big BUT, my revenues are up about 400% overall! That's incredible.

•••
DB - sorry to hear you are not on top form - get well soon.

Incidentally, my increased performance on .co.in names ppc and clicks is still from the basic Sedo - not Sedo pro.

Mara - should I change :? Or leave well alone :)

•••
johnny6 said:
7 cents and 13 cents on credit card related clicks today. A finance domain that made $185 last month is at $50 this month - and at the 13 cents a click rate, I don't see much chance of it improving.

Revenues are down 55% from last month. That's a difference of $xxx... I'm not talking $15 is now $7.

I give up. I can't have my domains de-monetized like this. Sedo was great. Now it's not.

Almost same situation . I am seeing 1/3 revenue on my Finance top earner names. Almost all top earners r showing same.

Domain 84 10 11.90% 0.76 € 90.60 € 7.61
Domain 74 14 18.92% 1.97 € 373.24 € 27.62 €

Stats of 3 days for same name , Even with more unique revenue is 1/3 .

My account rep says he will optimize them for better keyword. So i will wait and see. :td:

•••
How can I do this in Sedo Pro, which I'm now on? Inthe old Sedo it would show all the newsest, unoptimized names with the optimization fields ready to fill in. Confused on where to do this in SedoPro. Thanks.

Sedo said:
Here's a quick update on the changes -

The optimizer page now lists domains that haven't yet received traffic so you can start optimizing new domains immediately! We've also added the new field "Recently Added" so you easily pick out the new additions to your account.

We don’t have a release date set yet for the auction system, I’ll pass on more information when we’re closer to the launch date.

Great to hear Keith has been such a help -db-, I'll certainly make sure he sees your note! Hope you feel better soon.

Best,
Mara
[email protected]

•••
Just sent you a PM Slobizman answering your question, but if I understand your question correctly the stats can be found in the SedoPro > Domain Overview section.

To answer a general question, the ads on the parking pages are geo targeted so you may see more localized ads on your parking pages. Someone viewing the page from another IP may see different ads, ones targeted to their location.

Best,
Mara
[email protected]

•••
The issue with the PHOTO column has been fixed, and everything displays correctly now, including the category text and the highlighted icons. If you still don't see things the way you should, make sure to clear your cache and start a fresh browser session.

Thanks again to Mara and Keith. :)

•••
Thanks Db,

you are correct and I will post my comments about my concerns in the proper threads. I don't use Sedo for any of my parking, but I will watch to see if folks like it better and may do so in the future.

Roderick

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back