NameSilo

Sedo slowly dying!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
Sedo domain name sales have been on a steady decline for 3-4 years now but as this is going there will be no Sedo left within a year or two. At least not like it used to be.
The Sedo website and system hasn’t been updated for years, commissions have been raised (probably to keep the profit up while overall sales plummet), and frankly I wonder what domainers are still selling domain names at Sedo. Probably only some old clients that haven’t heard of new services or don’t bother changing platforms and maybe some domainers that want to have their domains listed at every platform available.
So is Sedo slowly dying? Some will say it is already dead. It is still riding on its past good reputation. But that reputation has been tarnished...
Read More and More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
When your business model is to fee people you don't have to worry about what sells and what does not. Flippa = Fee-generating machine.

Last edited:
•••
Flippa = Fee-generating machine.

I have to disagree with that statement. While you may not agree with their business model, it's clear that Flippa tries to conduct itself professionally. I've seen prompt replies from Flippa staff on this forum when needed. They're not the type of business to do their work in hiding. Flippa is pretty upfront about the costs too. There are many pages on their site devoted to that topic.

•••
it's clear that Flippa tries to conduct itself professionally.
They try doesn't mean they are professional.. The integrity team is a joke who can't detect obvious shill bidding even after numerous proofs and the director of domains say 'he won't look into this matter..' But that's just another topic and I will leave it here...

•••
a sale report thread currently trending in NP on $28000 sell of a two words .com on sedo

So, how Sedo can die

•••
I have to disagree with that statement. While you may not agree with their business model, it's clear that Flippa tries to conduct itself professionally. I've seen prompt replies from Flippa staff on this forum when needed. They're not the type of business to do their work in hiding. Flippa is pretty upfront about the costs too. There are many pages on their site devoted to that topic.

Everything in commerce comes at a price. They may be prompt, but that doesn't make it affordable.

•••
From my experience, the Sedo marketplace does not generate sales. I've sold a decent number of domains at Sedo over the past 10 years but every one of them was parked at Sedo at the time of the sale. About 3 months back I switched to Bodis landing pages and sales are up about 300% during that short period of time.

After posting this a while back, I feel the need to point out that SedoMLS did generate a sale for me earlier today.

Congratulations on your sale through our SedoMLS partner Register.it.

•••
After posting this a while back, I feel the need to point out that SedoMLS did generate a sale for me earlier today.

Congratulations on your sale through our SedoMLS partner Register.it.

God Bless the Italians! Cheers man.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back